watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I really Do Not Understand

Started by Peabody, October 21, 2013, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

The level of negativity being expressed on here, after we have won away and scored four in the process. Yet owe have people ranting that it was dross and we were woeful. OK, we were not brilliant but were we really as bad as woeful.

I know it is just opinions but but do we really have to be so negative?

alexbishop

this topic will only cause more negativity/arguing I am afraid my friend...

Let those who wish to rejoice, rejoice (me) and those who wish to critique the performance do so. This is a forum after all :)
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Junichi

I'm also sick of this, Peabody. Some people are never happy it seems. Fulham win 4-1 AWAY in a Premiership tie, yet there's still negativity.

We could have an attack consisting of Messi, Lewandowski and Ronaldo, score 200 goals in a season, and some people would complain that we could have scored 201.

If people can't enjoy our success, then what's the point of even being a Fulham fan?

Fulham76

Quote from: Peabody on October 21, 2013, 10:36:55 PM
The level of negativity being expressed on here, after we have won away and scored four in the process. Yet owe have people ranting that it was dross and we were woeful. OK, we were not brilliant but were we really as bad as woeful.

I know it is just opinions but but do we really have to be so negative?

We were woeful until we equalised & a better team would probably have been 3 up. Didn't do much for the rest of the 1st half either. Seem to lack motivation. Maybe it's a confidence thing. As soon as we got the 2 goal cushion the result never looked in doubt.

grandad

Those of us who have been around for 60+ years of supporting the club will rejoice. The Johnny come latelys will moan.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

The dross quote was made at before  half time Mr P when things were looking poor apart from the two super goals, obviously things changed and the posts changed as the game went on 049:gif 082.gif

Sniffer

Just one point behind Man United after 8 games

"Numquam Cede"

Admin

I find starting posts about the negative posts, is just as negative as the negative posts their selves, if that makes any sense?

Please don't take this personally, but my opinion on this is just to ignore them, or don't contribute to any negative posts, and or posters.

Starting a post like this just adds fuel to the fire, and what you will find now, is a double negative post that comes from a post started about negativity.

Barrie

Speaking for myself, we can't rely on wonder goals and 100% percent shot conversion rates to get us results for the rest of the season, and the fact is that the overall performance really shows little sign of improvement.  We rarely look like creating opportunities or scoring, and we seem to we prefer passing backwards to attacking.   I'm delighted with the goals and result tonight, but for me they do little to disguise the fact that the problems that have afflicted us all season very much remain.  And that is what concerns me moving forward.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Junichi on October 21, 2013, 10:40:54 PM
I'm also sick of this, Peabody. Some people are never happy it seems. Fulham win 4-1 AWAY in a Premiership tie, yet there's still negativity.

We could have an attack consisting of Messi, Lewandowski and Ronaldo, score 200 goals in a season, and some people would complain that we could have scored 201.

If people can't enjoy our success, then what's the point of even being a Fulham fan?

If a person can't be positive after a 1-4 victory why are they a fan of anything? Guess all they can enjoy is a dominatrix.  fp.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Martinsback

I turned the radio off when it got to 3 for us, I was so angry...

premFlem

moaning about moaning..... deary me
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

terryr

Those two first goals could be scored against any team in the P l?
It's boring that some take solace when we lose so they can complain.
When we win they don't know what to do!
Let's chill and enjoy the feeling right now.

Riverside

ENJOY  082.gif

AWAY VICTORY  082.gif

4 GOALS  078.gif 078.gif 078.gif 078.gif

AND 2 CONTENDERS FOR GOAL OF THE SEASON  :wine: :wine:

My glass is half full

well now empty ......

now full ...........

now ..............

you get the drift

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

cottage cheese

its just armchair criticism... Ive just got back and if we play like we did at times passing the ball around we will have no problems. We even look like a threat from corners finally!

Junichi

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 21, 2013, 10:47:34 PM
If a person can't be positive after a 1-4 victory why are they a fan of anything? Guess all they can enjoy is a dominatrix.  fp.gif

Just got the bizarre image in my head of Billy the Badger, in full dominatrix gear, whipping the arse off of a boo-boy, who's repeating the words "Jol out" over and over again.

I should probably sleep soon.

Quote from: Riverside on October 21, 2013, 11:14:47 PM
ENJOY  082.gif

AWAY VICTORY  082.gif

4 GOALS  078.gif 078.gif 078.gif 078.gif

AND 2 CONTENDERS FOR GOAL OF THE SEASON  :wine: :wine:

My glass is half full

well now empty ......

now full ...........

now ..............

you get the drift

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

I'll cheers to that Mr Riverside  082.gif

Fulham1959

Confidence and belief cannot be bought.  They come from results, more than from performances one could argue, so a night like this can only boost both.

Onward and upward !!

Berbasilk_111

Jol out, he is not good enough, it wasn't his tactics that won us the game, rather more so from our players ability from both set pieces and accurate shooting.
Still delighted with the result of course...

filham

Quote from: Barrie on October 21, 2013, 10:46:23 PM
Speaking for myself, we can't rely on wonder goals and 100% percent shot conversion rates to get us results for the rest of the season, and the fact is that the overall performance really shows little sign of improvement.  We rarely look like creating opportunities or scoring, and we seem to we prefer passing backwards to attacking.   I'm delighted with the goals and result tonight, but for me they do little to disguise the fact that the problems that have afflicted us all season very much remain.  And that is what concerns me moving forward.

It was a great result for us and what will surely be our goal of the season from Kasami. But look, a wonder goal, a goal from a free kick and 2 goals from corners, how often is that going to happen . The wonder goal by the way was the result of a rare long forward ball from Reither , our persistent short passing/holding tactics never got us anywhere near a goal.

Sure, we are all pleased with the result and the team should be congratulated but the question is will the same team , playing the same football get a result on another day against a better team.

RoyTund

Quote from: Barrie on October 21, 2013, 10:46:23 PM
Speaking for myself, we can't rely on wonder goals and 100% percent shot conversion rates to get us results for the rest of the season, and the fact is that the overall performance really shows little sign of improvement.  We rarely look like creating opportunities or scoring, and we seem to we prefer passing backwards to attacking.   I'm delighted with the goals and result tonight, but for me they do little to disguise the fact that the problems that have afflicted us all season very much remain.  And that is what concerns me moving forward.

We controlled the second half and actually, although not a dominant performance first half, how many real chances did palace have?  Don't underestimate the value and effort to come from behind to win like that.