watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palace fans with Stekelenburg

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, October 22, 2013, 10:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

For the fans who watched on TV, what actually happened? From what I could see, something was thrown at Stek (now I couldn't see it, but the way Stek walked towards the ref and the movement of stewards would indicate as such).

Haven't seen anything written in any of the papers or websites or Twitter about something being thrown, but something must have happened for Stek and the stewards to act they way they did
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Andy S

There is always an idiot somewhere who has had too much to drink who thinks he is being a big man doing something stupid. When he gets banned there will be somebody willing to take his place

westcliff white

the tv commentator said he thinks something has been thrown on the pitch, other than that nothing was mentioned
Every day is a Fulham day

God The Mechanic

"Something" getting thrown at a player gets overshadowed when morons throw flares at linesman.

Surprised more hasn't been made of that after the initial outpouring or scorn.

epsomraver

The FA talk about fining villa and spurs but what about the flares and fireworks from the Poles at Wembley? their  flagship ground?

leonffc

Quote from: epsomraver on October 22, 2013, 12:44:59 PM
The FA talk about fining villa and spurs but what about the flares and fireworks from the Poles at Wembley? their  flagship ground?

I think that of those arrested in the Polish crowd, a number were for flares but don't quote me.

And did the FA sell them directly or through the Polish FA? I'd imagine directly as they were English based!! Which means that they were at fault so won't be issuing fines for that ;-)

JBH

Quote from: epsomraver on October 22, 2013, 12:44:59 PM

Prehaps they were on there way to a 70's Firework Party

Northern Cottager

If it was a Man Utd, QPR or Spuds player it wouldn't be off the news.