News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we keep the same team at Southampton?

Started by JackyFulham90, October 22, 2013, 02:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Despite our fine win Monday night, Saints will be rubbing their hands in anticipation at this one.
Would love to get a point.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

TonyGilroy

I really hope that we approach this game with the same attitude and team.

Go for it. It's not a must win game but confidence is high and it seems wrong to ask the team to play in a different manner.

Southampton aren't world beaters.

ffc73

Quote from: Classic94 on October 22, 2013, 10:31:02 PM
No need to change a winning formula - even if it was against Palace. Should be the same team which started the 2nd half on Monday night.

The interesting thing will be seeing whose on the bench.

GK = Stockdale
Defender = Hughes (assuming Hangeland is not fit)
Utility = Zverotic
Defensive mid-field = Boateng
Forward = Hugo

That leaves 2 places up for grabs.  On Monday they went to the 'old heads' of Karagounis and Duff.  Whilst I understand the benefits of experience and reliability part of me hopes that the youth of Tarabat, Kaca or Dejagah could be trusted with a substitute role

HatterDon

Quote from: FFC73 on October 23, 2013, 01:34:30 PM
Quote from: Classic94 on October 22, 2013, 10:31:02 PM
No need to change a winning formula - even if it was against Palace. Should be the same team which started the 2nd half on Monday night.

The interesting thing will be seeing whose on the bench.

GK = Stockdale
Defender = Hughes (assuming Hangeland is not fit)
Utility = Zverotic
Defensive mid-field = Boateng
Forward = Hugo

That leaves 2 places up for grabs.  On Monday they went to the 'old heads' of Karagounis and Duff.  Whilst I understand the benefits of experience and reliability part of me hopes that the youth of Tarabat, Kaca or Dejagah could be trusted with a substitute role

When we had the game in the bag, I had a quick look to see who was on the bench. It would have been a perfect time to get one of our kids out there, but all we had was 30+ guys. I'm not sure what it would hurt to have ONE sub who is promising for an opportunity just like that one.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

@jolslover

this is the team i would have vs. southampton a 4231
Stekelenburg, Riether, Senderos, Amorebieta, Richardson, Parker, Sidwell, Kasami, Taarabt, Kačaniklić, Berbatov
STH H3

JackyFulham90

If Ruiz is out I would imagine Duff will come in for him but I would love to see

Stekelenburg
Riether Senderos Amorebieta Richardson
                   Parker Sidwell
Kasami                Berbatov           Taarabt
                          Bent

Will be a tough game but I think we can get a result although I would rather see Taarabt start over Duff but Duff will start to help keep check on the lively Rodriguez

Count Berbatov

I would play narrow

Back Four
Karagounis - Parker- Sidwell
Kasami - Berbatov
Bent

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Bassey the warrior

Not a game for Taarabt, we need someone to track Clyne. If Ruiz plays on the right he will have to track Shaw.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: The Moose on October 25, 2013, 07:56:10 PMNot a game for Taarabt, we need someone to track Clyne. If Ruiz plays on the right he will have to track Shaw.
You're probably right. My only question mark was Taarabt. I was looking for someone not afraid to shoot and combinative enough. Kasami - Berbatov, behind Bent. This could turn into 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2, or 4-3-3
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"