News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we keep the same team at Southampton?

Started by JackyFulham90, October 22, 2013, 02:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I would imagine Amorebieta will come in for Hangeland but I can't see many other changes let's hope Jol goes for it again at Southampton

Stekelenburg
Riether Senderos Amorebieta Richardson
                     Parker Sidwell
Ruiz                          Berbatov           Kasami
                                   Bent

Subs - Stockdale , Zverotic , Boateng , Duff , Dejagah , Taarabt , Rodallega

Certainly no need to make massive changes would be nice to see Dejagah & Taaabt return to the 18 if fit

DukeTyrion

I would like to see Ruiz replaces by Dejagah (or even Taarabt).

Certainly against Southampton we will need someone there willing to put a few tackles in ... maybe even Duff.

TonyGilroy

I think it's a no brainer.

Same team and hope that the confidence gained leads to ever improving performances.

Right now I feel like a fan rather than a critic. I'm not interested in reading that playing X instead of Y will improve things.   

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 22, 2013, 02:57:29 PM

I think it's a no brainer.

Same team and hope that the confidence gained leads to ever improving performances.

Right now I feel like a fan rather than a critic. I'm not interested in reading that playing X instead of Y will improve things.   

Agreed. Barring fitness issues, the smart thing to do is to send out the same side that started the 2nd half.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulham traveller

no cant play ruiz berba and bent together, it never worked, I would like to see maybe bent with ruiz behind him

TonyGilroy

Quote from: fulham traveller on October 22, 2013, 03:06:21 PM
no cant play ruiz berba and bent together, it never worked, I would like to see maybe bent with ruiz behind him

Then last night was a dream?

I thought it must be.

Southcoastffc

Always depends who we are playing - 4 3 1 2 might allow that (Ruiz behind Berba a bit behind Bent) but it would potentially expose us more to opponents' wingers.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

PaulJ123

Southampton are going to be pressing us a lot. Ruiz should be nowhere near the side because of that, the amount of times he'll get caught out wil be stupid.

I'd bring in Duff or Dejagah for him, but keep the rest of the side

Riverside

I agree it has never worked
But I am not a demanding man
So I will settle for another 4 away goals on Sat .

Bring them on  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Airfix

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 22, 2013, 02:43:46 PM
I would imagine Amorebieta will come in for Senderos but I can't see many other changes let's hope Jol goes for it again at Southampton

Based on your lineup, do you mean Amorebieta for Hangeland (who, IMHO, needs a break from first-team duties)?

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Airfix on October 22, 2013, 03:41:59 PM
I would imagine Amorebieta will come in for Senderos but I can't see many other changes let's hope Jol goes for it again at Southampton

Based on your lineup, do you mean Amorebieta for Hangeland (who, IMHO, needs a break from first-team duties)?

Sorry, yes I meant Amorebieta for Hangeland

Airfix

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on October 22, 2013, 03:46:07 PM
Quote from: Airfix on October 22, 2013, 03:41:59 PM

Sorry, yes I meant Amorebieta for Hangeland

Then I agree.

filham

Me too , but that would mean Berba on the bench and we all know that will never happen.

@jolslover

same team but i would have berbatov loan striker with ruiz behind him, taarabt and kasami on the wings
STH H3

fulham traveller

sadly because the saints are that good, we will start defensive that's jol way, the team will be same defence, s.p s,s, b.r.p.k berby, duff on the wing, with bent on the bench, we need some balance to the team, I would love to see our Iranian chap, but that wont happen

Deanothefulhamfan

Would like him to keep the same squad barring Hangeland, as you shoukd never change a winning team.... That being said Bent, Berbatov and Ruiz against a very attacking southampton side does not bode well.... Think Bent will be dropped and Duff brought into the team

In the Enclosure

Boteng in the team for me please with Sidders and Parker - a draw would be a good result for us down there.

Southcoastffc

I was surprised to see earlier that Southampton's home form, while not bad, is not THAT impressive.  They beat a sluggish Swansea at the start of the season, beat Palace 2 nil and drew with W Ham and Sunderland.   Their away performances v L'pool and Man U are what have caught the media's attention.  I fancy us for at least a draw. 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Classic94

No need to change a winning formula - even if it was against Palace. Should be the same team which started the 2nd half on Monday night.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: fulham traveller on October 22, 2013, 04:49:04 PM
sadly because the saints are that good, we will start defensive that's jol way, the team will be same defence, s.p s,s, b.r.p.k berby, duff on the wing, with bent on the bench, we need some balance to the team, I would love to see our Iranian chap, but that wont happen
I agree that Duff will come in for Bent.  I think there is a danger when playing a good side that you will get overrun in the midfield.  As good as Berbatov was against Palace I would push him forward for this game and probably Man U and Liverpool.