watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

jaguars

Started by fulhamben, October 24, 2013, 09:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

if they do play a game at the cottage in the near future, I call dibs on whitney
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Our pitch dimensions at 110 yds X 75Yds do not give enough room for end zones I think.You need at least 120 yds. 5 yds at each end seems not a lot. It was very small when we had Rugby League at the Cottage.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Logicalman

Interesting point Grandad.

Here is a link to pitch sizes:

College: ncaa football field dimensions

NFL: nfl football field dimensions

Perhaps one of our resident US members who know a lot more about this might provide what is and isn't permitted.

Forever Fulham

I think they set goalposts 10 yards behind the end zone line, yes?  How much distance is there at each end's back line to the first row?  Until this string started, I had always suspected that an NFL game couldn't be played at the Cottage because the side lines were too close to the stands.    This is a good thing.   If the Jaguars are coming to London in the future, I can't see how they could economically reconfigure the Cottage grounds.  So Kahn would have to find another location.  Good. 

RidgeRider

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 24, 2013, 05:23:51 PM
I think they set goalposts 10 yards behind the end zone line, yes?  How much distance is there at each end's back line to the first row?  Until this string started, I had always suspected that an NFL game couldn't be played at the Cottage because the side lines were too close to the stands.    This is a good thing.   If the Jaguars are coming to London in the future, I can't see how they could economically reconfigure the Cottage grounds.  So Kahn would have to find another location.  Good. 

Not to mention they would probably consider the seating capacity of the Cottage inadequate.

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamben on October 24, 2013, 09:09:58 AM
if they do play a game at the cottage in the near future, I call dibs on whitney

Why in the world would they play at the Cottage? silly
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on October 24, 2013, 09:44:32 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 24, 2013, 09:09:58 AM

Why in the world would they play at the Cottage? silly
maybe cos shad said they were looking into it

dino1828

There is plenty of room to play a American football game there, I'm American and there is usually only a few yards behind the endzone here anyway so there is plenty of room, Goalpost is directly behind the endzone rear goal line plenty of room.

Holders

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 24, 2013, 08:39:44 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 24, 2013, 05:23:51 PM

Not to mention they would probably consider the seating capacity of the Cottage inadequate.

How many do they think they'd get then? The Cottage itself probably wouldn't be big enough but they could maybe open up part of one of the stands.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

tonynorton

Dont think the jags have that much of a fanbase either! I have converted since i have our no fearless leader has taken over.

MrProphet

Could you imagine 40+ players and the entourage fitting in the home dressing room? Haha

Only a matter of time before we see a London franchise for the NFL and although I love the game I hope it has nothing to do with Fulham or the cottage

Forever Fulham

I keep going back to: Why did Khan buy the club?  It doesn't make money.  In a good year, it barely breaks even.  This is a fact.  So, why?  It doesn't seem to be a vanity play for him.  He doesn't seem to be that kind of fellow.  He owns the newest NFL football franchise.  It has never had a winning season.  It is currently winless.  It's in a big poor city.  It's uprootable (if there is such a word; but I'm American, so I get to make up words.)  There's no storied history.  There would be no extreme outcry if he transplanted the team.  Roger Goodell, the commissioner (read: head) of the NFL is by all reports determined to expand the NFL into Europe.  I think that's folly; most if not all of you think that's folly.  It doesn't matter what we think.  He appears determined.  And by all news reports, and there have been a lot of them of late, he has his eyes fixed on London as a 'must' city in such plans.  And only one team keeps getting mentioned in those news reports about moving a team to London: the Jacksonville Jaguars.   I don't see any natural synergy between owning the U.S.-based Jaguars and London-based Fulham.  Do you?  A few more jersey sales are not going to make that much difference to the bottom line.  Maybe he is counting on money from U.S. broadcast rights from NBC TV network.  If someone on this board sees the synergy that remains hidden from view to me, please explain.  So, if Khan has bought into Goodell's master plan of league expansion, and if the Jaguars are integral to that plan, then where, oh where, might that relocation in London take place?  Has Khan ever publicly provided a compelling reason for buying Fulham?  Has he ever given an explanation that made sense?  So, if FFC's facility is too small for an NFL team to play there, then I say, good.  We should be worried about what we don't know.

fulhamben

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 25, 2013, 10:36:01 AM
I keep going back to: Why did Khan buy the club?  It doesn't make money.  In a good year, it barely breaks even.  This is a fact.  So, why?  It doesn't seem to be a vanity play for him.  He doesn't seem to be that kind of fellow.  He owns the newest NFL football franchise.  It has never had a winning season.  It is currently winless.  It's in a big poor city.  It's uprootable (if there is such a word; but I'm American, so I get to make up words.)  There's no storied history.  There would be no extreme outcry if he transplanted the team.  Roger Goodell, the commissioner (read: head) of the NFL is by all reports determined to expand the NFL into Europe.  I think that's folly; most if not all of you think that's folly.  It doesn't matter what we think.  He appears determined.  And by all news reports, and there have been a lot of them of late, he has his eyes fixed on London as a 'must' city in such plans.  And only one team keeps getting mentioned in those news reports about moving a team to London: the Jacksonville Jaguars.   I don't see any natural synergy between owning the U.S.-based Jaguars and London-based Fulham.  Do you?  A few more jersey sales are not going to make that much difference to the bottom line.  Maybe he is counting on money from U.S. broadcast rights from NBC TV network.  If someone on this board sees the synergy that remains hidden from view to me, please explain.  So, if Khan has bought into Goodell's master plan of league expansion, and if the Jaguars are integral to that plan, then where, oh where, might that relocation in London take place?  Has Khan ever publicly provided a compelling reason for buying Fulham?  Has he ever given an explanation that made sense?  So, if FFC's facility is too small for an NFL team to play there, then I say, good.  We should be worried about what we don't know.
you are missing the point of this post, and that point is that I call dibs on Whitney. Someone who is not on an iPad stick some pics in here for me please

Forever Fulham

Didn't miss the point.  It quickly morphed into a different discussion long before I butted in. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--football-thursday--can--madden--video-game-do-more-to-help-nfl-establish-london-based-team-than-the-jaguars--044421358.html
When the National Hockey League approved franchises in Florida, Southern California, and Texas, the public thought the league had lost its corporate mind.

Holders

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 25, 2013, 10:36:01 AM

Good analysis. I can't see the UK supporting more than one NFL team, if that, so any competition would need to be within Europe, given the time differences/jetlag otherwise. I can see Germany supporting a team or two due to the US forces who are presumably still stationed there - beyond that?

For the uninitiated, what on earth is a "dib on Whitney"?!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mullers

The only way I can see any of this working is if the NFL had a European division. That way six of a franchises games would be relatively close. If it were ever to happen I do see a problem using Wembley for eight weekends [plus playoffs] at that time of year, so there would need to be another venue. Twickenham? The Millennium? but not the Cottage.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Holders on October 25, 2013, 11:34:14 AM

Dibs = Bagsie. Don't know who or what Whitney is though.

fulhamben

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on October 25, 2013, 12:43:31 PM
Quote from: Holders on October 25, 2013, 11:34:14 AM

Dibs = Bagsie. Don't know who or what Whitney is though.
she my good sir, is a very fine specimen of a jaguar cheerleader

fulhamfever

Play in Bishops Park and piss off the locals haha

MJG

Quote from: mullers on October 25, 2013, 11:59:15 AM
The only way I can see any of this working is if the NFL had a European division. That way six of a franchises games would be relatively close. If it were ever to happen I do see a problem using Wembley for eight weekends [plus playoffs] at that time of year, so there would need to be another venue. Twickenham? The Millennium? but not the Cottage.
Bring back the London Monarchs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Monarchs