News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we all kind of okay with Richardson now?

Started by Big Martin Jol, October 24, 2013, 02:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Martin Jol

It seems to me that a lot of the fuss over the Richardson/Riise/Briggs situation has died down since the former's return from injury.

He's featured in each of our last five league matches and racked up six and a half hours on the pitch - 371/450 of Fulham's minutes played, if you want to be specific.

Obviously the left back position isn't our strongest or deepest but no longer do I look at Richardson's name on the team sheet and imagine all manner of disaster. He's doing a solid job for us.

Are we all happy moving forward or would we rather see Amorebieta, Briggs or even Zverotic given a shot?
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

alexbishop

Well we have cover if he gets injured which is the main thing. Still think we should be in the market for a better left back at some point but he is fine for now
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

God The Mechanic

Thought he was pretty disappointing on Monday, but in general he's been quite solid.

Riverside

He is the best option we have at the moment

And I expect him to improve with game time .

A few more decent crosses like that in the last minutes vs Cardiff a few less than the several that ballooned away before that !!

If no improvement we need an upgrade . But that will need to be a signing .

TonyGilroy

No.

It's Senderos we're OK with now.  He's now Chris Baird.

Richardson is still our sick note whilst Hangeland is now the club's official scapegoat.

KP_FFC

still very injury prone
and id prefer someone who offers a little more attacking wise

DukeTyrion

Richardson = best of a bad bunch.

I would prefer Briggs to play, at least there is time and hope for improvement.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: KP_FFC on October 24, 2013, 03:04:10 PM
still very injury prone
and id prefer someone who offers a little more attacking wise

Richardson is surprisingly poor going forward considering he used to be a winger in his youth. This is play the began his career as a left winger at Utd and scored twice for England. Weird.

Bassey the warrior

Admin

He's the best we've got right now, but still one of those positions that needs attending to in the summer. Actually, it's a position that we should have improved on a while back, hence the problems now.

Richardson isn't fantastic, a bit clumsy and injury prone but does a job. Wouldn't say I'm happy, just content.

ToodlesMcToot

I'm ok, right now, with Richardson at LB and its a position at which we have a decent bit of cover. I don't know what happened to him in the 2nd half on Monday though. There were more people moving past him than than there were the MJ statue (yes. I know it's gone, but it was a good metaphor and I just had to use it)

Having said that, it's a position that needs addressing in future transfer windows. I do believe it is within our means to improve at the position.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

St Eve

He is weak and hopefully we will do something in January

rusty shackleford

I still prefer Riise, but Richardson is adequate.

FFC1987

I'm surprised by some comments regarding his attacking positions. On a marker, he generally placed himself higher up the field than Riether did meaning he was attacking minded and pressed our play higher up the field essentially working his nuts off to do this. He also tried to get balls into the box which was refreshing. Don't get me wrong he's no Luke Shaw, but i've been steadily impressed with his improvement.

Northern Cottager

Is Riise still refusing to travel to away games unless he is starting? Hope he goes in Jan

Holders

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 24, 2013, 02:50:50 PM

No.

It's Senderos we're OK with now.  He's now Chris Baird.

Richardson is still our sick note whilst Hangeland is now the club's official scapegoat.

I've always been happy with Richardson when he's played.

You mean Senderinho.

I blame Ruiz actually, not sure what for but I expect I can think of something.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

He will do for now but we need a top full back next summer. I just don´t see Briggs making it. Riise will be gone soon.
Where there's a will there's a wife

tonynorton

I think we will be happy when he has played 10-15 games in a row, i agree briggs aint cutting it either he will make a good championship player. I think danny rose would be a good buy!

MrProphet

I've always been happy with Richardson the only thing that has let him down is his fitness.

His positioning is very very good especially as its not his natural position.