Main Menu

NFR - RIP Manolo Escobar

Started by The Equalizer, October 25, 2013, 11:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

You may not know the name, but without this man:

we would not have had this:

http://youtu.be/FBQndtssTcY

RIP Manolo - the singer of Y Viva Espana.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Equalizer

For some reason it's not allowing the video to embed, but it's the video of this:

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

LBNo11

...it may have been an awful song, but in 1975, as I walked along the North End Road, and down the side street of Fulham and Putney - bedecked with Fulham favours and could hear the tune blaring out from the shops and the streets I felt nothing but overwhelming pride for the team I supported..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 25, 2013, 12:12:26 PM
...it may have been an awful song, but in 1975, as I walked along the North End Road, and down the side street of Fulham and Putney - bedecked with Fulham favours and could hear the tune blaring out from the shops and the streets I felt nothing but overwhelming pride for the team I supported..!

:plus one:

084.gif

Holders

I felt pride for all the decorations and the atmosphere but it's really a shame someone couldn't have come up with a better song than that.

It all started when C*****a were playing Leeds in 1970, I think it was, when some moron composed "blue is the colour" as they didn't really have a song. Then, in 1971, one of the tabloids thought that Arsenal should have a song to counter Liverpool's. That gave rise to the equally-hideous "good old Arsenal".

Viva el Fulham came about in a similar way because someone (can't remember who) thought that we needed a song to counter the bubbles.

All fabricated and all pretty awful IMHO. I was just embarrassed for Fulham that our support was deemed so poor that someone had to take it upon themselves to write a song for us based on the dreadful pleb-fest anthem to Benidorm!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Equalizer

Quote from: Holders on October 25, 2013, 02:46:45 PM
I felt pride for all the decorations and the atmosphere but it's really a shame someone couldn't have come up with a better song than that.

It all started when C*****a were playing Leeds in 1970, I think it was, when some moron composed "blue is the colour" as they didn't really have a song. Then, in 1971, one of the tabloids thought that Arsenal should have a song to counter Liverpool's. That gave rise to the equally-hideous "good old Arsenal".

Viva el Fulham came about in a similar way because someone (can't remember who) thought that we needed a song to counter the bubbles.

All fabricated and all pretty awful IMHO. I was just embarrassed for Fulham that our support was deemed so poor that someone had to take it upon themselves to write a song for us based on the dreadful pleb-fest anthem to Benidorm!

To be fair mate, they weren't going to get Jimmy Page and Robert Plant to do it were they?

LBNo11

...if memory serves, "Good Ole Arsenal" was written by our own Jimmy Hill. Re Viva El Fulham Tony Rees  penned it being a Fulham fan and because it was the tune to a recent popular hit Y Viva Espana....
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC