watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton Statistics

Started by horse1031, October 25, 2013, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

There is no doubt that this will be one of the toughest tests that we have had over the past 2 months.  I was looking at the stats of Southamptons game against ManUre and they had 18 shots and 7 of them were on goal.  They had almost 60% of the possession and this was at Old Trafford.  We are going to have to do something special to get something out of the game tomorrow.  Still, we have not lost in 7 games to them and have drawn 5 of those games.  They probably have one of the best defenses in the prem and they can be devastating on the break and Osvaldo hasn't even got going yet.  They don't score a ton of goals(8 all year) but they have scored 50% of their goals in the last 15 minutes of games.  We have been fragile in the last part of games so that is something we need to be very careful of tomorrow.

All in all, i would be pleased with a point.

Fulham76

Quote from: horse1031 on October 25, 2013, 04:08:47 PM
There is no doubt that this will be one of the toughest tests that we have had over the past 2 months.  I was looking at the stats of Southamptons game against ManUre and they had 18 shots and 7 of them were on goal.  They had almost 60% of the possession and this was at Old Trafford.  We are going to have to do something special to get something out of the game tomorrow.  Still, we have not lost in 7 games to them and have drawn 5 of those games.  They probably have one of the best defenses in the prem and they can be devastating on the break and Osvaldo hasn't even got going yet.  They don't score a ton of goals(8 all year) but they have scored 50% of their goals in the last 15 minutes of games.  We have been fragile in the last part of games so that is something we need to be very careful of tomorrow.

I'd take a draw right now.
From what I've seen of them, they close everything down quickly & look to attack at every opportunity. Our sit back &  soak up the pressure style & hope something happens won't work.
I think they'll be too much for us.

horse1031

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 25, 2013, 04:23:45 PM
There is no doubt that this will be one of the toughest tests that we have had over the past 2 months.  I was looking at the stats of Southamptons game against ManUre and they had 18 shots and 7 of them were on goal.  They had almost 60% of the possession and this was at Old Trafford.  We are going to have to do something special to get something out of the game tomorrow.  Still, we have not lost in 7 games to them and have drawn 5 of those games.  They probably have one of the best defenses in the prem and they can be devastating on the break and Osvaldo hasn't even got going yet.  They don't score a ton of goals(8 all year) but they have scored 50% of their goals in the last 15 minutes of games.  We have been fragile in the last part of games so that is something we need to be very careful of tomorrow.

I'd take a draw right now.
From what I've seen of them, they close everything down quickly & look to attack at every opportunity. Our sit back &  soak up the pressure style & hope something happens won't work.
I think they'll be too much for us.

i'm afraid of it as well.

If we win tomorrow we will have to be organized, industrious, and we need to break with pace.  If Ruiz is hurt I would probably put in Duff because he can close teams down and works for the team.  1 or 2 wonder goals always helps :008: :008:

Southcoastffc

Have faith.  Southampton's home record is not as impressive as their away record.  Of course it won't be easy but let's hope that we give a performance that matches our potential.  049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

General

Man utd are a shadow of the team they were last season and haven't been that impressive this season. I wouldn't use statistics from games with them too authoritatively.

The Old Count

Southampton have spent 25 million in the window and are a good side with a good coach.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Parker, Sidwell and Boatang start and see us challenge them to the ball higher up the pitch.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 25, 2013, 04:57:31 PM
Have faith.  Southampton's home record is not as impressive as their away record.  Of course it won't be easy but let's hope that we give a performance that matches our potential.  049:gif
Agree re their home record. They surprise teams when away from home. I reckon we can get a positive result tomoz!  :clap_hands:  049:gif  :yay:

JackyFulham90

With Kasami , Berbatov & Bent we have enough to trouble them
The key battle is Parker & Sidwell VS Wanyama & Schneiderlin

I would take a point

Count Berbatov

Right now, anyone can come get a result at OT. I wouldn't read to much into it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"