watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov : Merged

Started by Sammyffc, October 26, 2013, 07:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

I totally understand your frustration with him . Not saying many members of FOF are the same but on twitter its embarrasing . Its got to the stage where if richardson kicks the ball out its berbatov's fault . I DO NOT UNDERSTAND . right ...

First Goal - I AGREE he let his man go and was very poor , but thats not the point. WHY O WHY was berbatov marking there biggest threat in lambert ? have i missed something . why wasn't senderos or amor getting him ? it makes no sense. Having a striker marking a striker.

Two Strikers - Right , we have two strikers , bent AND berbatov. Berbatov gets slates for everything , however he was actually tracking back alot today. but i think many fans aren't understanding these two aren't the problem. Its the midfield . We don't have anyone who can play the ball to bent and berbatov. Berbatov CANNOT score without the ball . Its simple as that , if he can't get the ball , how can people moan at him? it makes me sick . he may wonder about most of the time but his a striker , to strike at goal , not a cover for every position on the pitch which people make out . Sidwell, Parker, Ruiz, Kasami were dreadfull at picking balls out for BOTH bent and berbatov today. Which i don't understand is the strikers problems. Berbatov NUMEROUS times, waved his hands at parker pointing to his feet ( this was due to balls just being lumped anywhere over the top for bent to just chase and never get to ). i totally understand berbatov's frustration . This is what leads to him dropping back , trying to get the ball , playing it to kasami or ruiz , then running back up towards bent . By the time he gets there , someone has messed up .

Every player deserves a bollocking. Not just berbatov. Even weirder , im not a massive berbatov fan , but watching the games i can totally see where he is coming from. Its an outrage.

January is a crucial time for us to buy a CREATIVE midfielder. We are in desperate need of one because its making me feel sick watching parker and sidwell do twirls not knowing where to go as they aren't creative , but very good DM's .

Ill fully support the TEAM and will never blame one player for a atrocious team performance.

1500.gif

Logicalman

I think it has less to do with what he doesn't do in the game, than his overall attitude towards the other players. Perhaps as much a throwback to how he was last season as has been this season.

The issue is he IS  a better player than most, and he does need the service, but, as a team, we cannot afford a player that needs the kind of service he demands, and then has a hissy fit on the pitch when it doesn't happen.

Fulham_Surrey

it is psychological.  He is not handling well the step down from Man Utd.  He needs to come to grips that he is getting older and slower and adjust his name and increase his effort.

Berbasilk_111

remember when we beat norwich 5-0 on the opening day of last season, we were moving on an upward slope, then Berbatov came and ruined our club?

grandad

He is a luxury we can´t afford any more. Today for their first goal he was in a world of his own. Parker dragged him towards Lambert & it was so clear when he said "Mark Lambert" What did he do? You all saw what.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Yes, but WHY was Berba assigned to mark Lambert?

Up front he and Bent just weren't given the ball - we barely managed to get the ball out  of our own half.

westcliff white

we didn't lose because of berba we lost because we didn't function as a unit. Berba should never have been marking Lambert that was a task for either Senderos or Amorebieta. He is playing the same as last season just not scoring, bt then not many are scoring so why pick on him. Today we were poor all over, even Parker wasnt his usual self, Southampton play a high tempo pressing game, for me we should of had 3 in the centre I would of had kara in there as his calmness was what we needed. It was interesting with the half time sub that we went to a 3-4-1-2 or thats how it looked we played, but that didn't get us the control as no one tracked back wide.

Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on October 26, 2013, 08:55:07 PM
we didn't lose because of berba we lost because we didn't function as a unit. Berba should never have been marking Lambert that was a task for either Senderos or Amorebieta. He is playing the same as last season just not scoring, bt then not many are scoring so why pick on him. Today we were poor all over, even Parker wasnt his usual self, Southampton play a high tempo pressing game, for me we should of had 3 in the centre I would of had kara in there as his calmness was what we needed. It was interesting with the half time sub that we went to a 3-4-1-2 or thats how it looked we played, but that didn't get us the control as no one tracked back wide.

Kara with a team of that speed, you have to be kidding!

fulhams_finest

Berbatov has mugged us all off he gets to watch all the Fulham games for free and up close we all had to pay upwards of 30£ to watch that sh1t today

fulhamking

Good points Sammy ;). Some people want Berbatov out of the team, but keep Siddwell on...give me a break. Yes,
Berbatov was a bit poor today, but the whole team was not working. South were pushing forward, Parker did all he could, Siddwell did f.uck all as usual. Deffence is laughable. Ruiz does not work on the wing (someone should remind me where this guy does work), Kasami was running a lot, but to no benefit at all.  I would have put Karagounis on in the 65th for Siddwell. But in any case, after all, Southampton are 3rd in the league, so defeat sounded just about right.
Cheers all and bring ManU on...

westcliff white

Quote from: epsomraver on October 26, 2013, 08:57:44 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on October 26, 2013, 08:55:07 PM

Kara with a team of that speed, you have to be kidding!

Of the options on the bench for central midfield he was the most creative. Boating, kara, Parker and sidwell all lack pace, so it would not matter who we had I there
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Why  was berbatov marking  lambert cos our manager hasnt got a clue

ron

Quote from: Nero on October 26, 2013, 11:36:25 PM
Why  was berbatov marking  lambert cos our manager hasnt got a clue

...and because in Jol-land strikers defend and the midfield has to do the scoring, managers take their salaries and their players take the blame.

Simples ! 

zander

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on October 26, 2013, 08:03:15 PM
remember when we beat norwich 5-0 on the opening day of last season, we were moving on an upward slope, then Berbatov came and ruined our club?

I think losing dembele was more detrimental

ron

Quote from: grandad on October 26, 2013, 08:33:49 PM
He is a luxury we can´t afford any more. Today for their first goal he was in a world of his own. Parker dragged him towards Lambert & it was so clear when he said "Mark Lambert" What did he do? You all saw what.

Perhaps Berbatov thought Parker was just pointing out a player called Mark Lambert....?    1500.gif

EJL

Quote from: zander on October 27, 2013, 12:21:25 AM
Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on October 26, 2013, 08:03:15 PM

I think losing dembele was more detrimental

Agreed. Dembele was an anomaly, in that Jol's system actually clicked with him. Our midfield was our strongest area with Diarra playing alongside. It's been said time and time again, perhaps not to the same degree, but when he left that was our whole team destroyed.

Andy S

The problem with Berbatov is he is Lazy. He didn't want anyone telling him who he should mark and didn't do it. 1- 0. The thing is everyone knows what he is like and in all honesty that is what makes him hard to mark. A defenders natural instinct is to get behind the ball when he is being attacked.
Berbatov has to be fitted into a team that is made for him and not the other way round. Teams at our level need grafters and we haven't got enough. We were always likely to lose against Southampton but it is the manor of the loss that is the problem. It could have been 5 or 6 today

Furby

It's not just Berbatovs lack of work rate and last nights performance that has me wanting him gone, it's the fact that our play always has to go through him every game, which isn't working whatsoever. When was the last time you saw an opposing teams defenders break sweat against our forwards? They're having a cigar every week. We've only beaten Sunderland, Stoke and Palace. 2 of the 3 worst teams in the prem. and we were awful against all three, barring two worldie goals on Monday.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: fulhams_finest on October 26, 2013, 09:25:46 PM
Berbatov has mugged us all off he gets to watch all the Fulham games for free and up close we all had to pay upwards of 30£ to watch that sh1t today

Oh crikey, I didn't realise that. I thought Berba was "pay as you play", i.e. he paid to be in the team - the same thing we let Kasami do when he was on loan with Lucerne!

Jimpav

Quote from: Furby on October 27, 2013, 06:34:18 AM
It's not just Berbatovs lack of work rate and last nights performance that has me wanting him gone, it's the fact that our play always has to go through him every game, which isn't working whatsoever. When was the last time you saw an opposing teams defenders break sweat against our forwards? They're having a cigar every week. We've only beaten Sunderland, Stoke and Palace. 2 of the 3 worst teams in the prem. and we were awful against all three, barring two worldie goals on Monday.

Stoke haven't won any of their last 6 matches so I think they are down there with Sunderland & Palace in terms of quality.

The big difference is that Palace & Sunderland have changed their manager, giving them time to turn their fortunes around.