watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov playing with Ruiz

Started by DukeTyrion, October 27, 2013, 12:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

I know this has come up before, but the best players in a team do not make the best team.

I am convinced that Berbatov and Ruiz cannot be in the same team without the team losing something, similar to Gerrard / Lampard for England.

When one of them players, the rest of the team has to work hard to cover the gaps, when they both play, it's like being a man down for 90 minutes.

Thoughts?

Northern Cottager

When we find another 9 players worth their spit in the team we can then pin point these 2 as the main concern. At the minute our whole team is damp and going forward we are incredibly crap.

Humbled

bill taylors apprentice

In a way both comments above are right but IMO you have to create a team that has a plan first and we do not have that.

When we played Best and Marsh together they worked hard off the ball and we had a team all signing from the same hymn sheet. Ok it didnt last but the quality players fitted into the TEAM.

Maybe one or the other would fit into a well coached team ( like southampton ) but with a player like Bent as well, I doubt it.

reepin

Don't know if you remember them playing against Arsenal away last season. They tore them apart! That's the only game where it came together for them. Shame it only happened that 1 time.

Humbled

Quote from: reepin on October 27, 2013, 01:30:57 PM
Don't know if you remember them playing against Arsenal away last season. They tore them apart! That's the only game where it came together for them. Shame it only happened that 1 time.

1 game whoooop whooooop

Fulham_Surrey

They can play together. But need an aggressive manager to push them to move well , especially when the ball is in possession by the opposition.  My big problem with Jol is that he cannot get the best from his players. 

fulhamben

sidwell and parker combo is a far bigger concern for me. it doesn't work. we must be the only team in the world who set up with 2 dm's  who do not dominate a match or protect the back 4. really don't see the point of it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Herbie

Quote from: fulhamben on October 27, 2013, 02:01:05 PM
sidwell and parker combo is a far bigger concern for me. it doesn't work. we must be the only team in the world who set up with 2 dm's  who do not dominate a match or protect the back 4. really don't see the point of it.

I think this is the crux of it.  We're basically setting up with only 4 attacking options, only one of whom (Bent) looks to play on getting in behind their defence. 

I disagree with the sentiment that Parker and Sidders do not protect the back 4; Parker definitely has the DM spot for me. However, I think we could do with an upgrade on Sidwell for a more creative CM.  Sidders has provided a few goals for us, but playing 4-2-3-1 requires at least one of the CMs to be able to create.  In the long run, this could be a role that Kasami could fill.  He seems to have a lot of energy and also has the strength to hold his own in the middle of the park. 

Parker and Kasami in the middle, then Kaca on the left, berba or Ruiz in the hole, dejagah on the right and Bent up top. When we have the ball, Kasami pushes forward to join in the attack.

Fulham_Surrey

fulhamben, spot on, it does not work as both cannot keep possession.  both are better in DM.  Issue with us is that we got too many DM and not enough creative midfielders, hence the strikers get no service at all.

Max Headroom

Berbatov can't play with Ruiz. Period. End of discussion. Next topic please.

MOR :

Quote from: fulhamben on October 27, 2013, 02:01:05 PM

I agree with this

SimpleTactics

Quote from: Northern Cottager on October 27, 2013, 12:17:08 PM
When we find another 9 players worth their spit in the team we can then pin point these 2 as the main concern. At the minute our whole team is damp and going forward we are incredibly crap.
+1

Bassey the warrior

When we get a new manager we will see just how good the players can be.