watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: what's the weather like?

Started by SP, October 27, 2013, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Having a few days down in North Devon & it's wet & windy, good surfing conditions tomorrow morning apparantly.  Hoping London isn't taking a battering?

Burt

Cloudy but dry here in Berlin... Looks like I am missing the fun back home! Stay safe y'all...

Admin

Quote from: SP on October 27, 2013, 09:24:52 PM
Having a few days down in North Devon & it's wet & windy, good surfing conditions tomorrow morning apparantly.  Hoping London isn't taking a battering?

I'm currently in Barnstable, so prob not a million miles away from you. Had quite a bit of rain today, but it's worryingly calm at the moment. Just hoping I can get out of here tomorrow as there is only one train in and out!

SP

Quote from: Admin link=topic=33500.msg445610#msg445610 date=quote author=Admin link=topic=33500.msg445610#msg445610 date=1382909713]

I'm currently in Barnstable, so prob not a million miles away from you. Had quite a bit of rain today, but it's worryingly calm at the moment. Just hoping I can get out of here tomorrow as there is only one train in and out!

[/quote]

Staying in Port Isaac which is lovely but disapointed that I haven't met Martin Clunes yet!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SP on October 27, 2013, 09:37:59 PM
Quote from: Admin link=topic=33500.msg445610#msg445610 date=quote author=Admin link=topic=33500.msg445610#msg445610 date=1382909713]

Staying in Port Isaac which is lovely but disapointed that I haven't met Martin Clunes yet!
[/quote]

SP. I'm guessing you will be heading to Polzeath for the surf. If its too stupid to go in take a wander on the footpath out to the headland, the path ultimately ends up at Port Isaac and 'that' chippy. The place to watch the rollers crash if you ask me.
Admin. Only one train at the moment. Might be zilch tomorrow with the number of trees in full leaf along the line and we do panic easily down here. Exeter has been shite all evening and we are fully expecting trees down in the morning. Do you know GWR trains up to London and the north are on 40/50mph limits most of the way.

YankeeJim

Well, the sun is out here in LaLa land just like it is every day.  starsnstripes

Oh, and the surfing is fine in Redondo Beach.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

valdeingruo

Its brown, more brown and brown! Hot in the day super cold at night, best place in the world really.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Cravenawin

It's absolutely scorching where I am ATM. Mind you, I am in Hawaii for the next three weeks. Miss the Utd game, but guess what. I couldn't care less.

Holders

Quote from: Admin on October 27, 2013, 09:35:13 PM
Having a few days down in North Devon & it's wet & windy, good surfing conditions tomorrow morning apparantly.  Hoping London isn't taking a battering?

That would be Barnstaple then?

Whilst we're in the South West, I watched the Soton game in a pub in Redruth, Cornwall and - guess what - there was another Fulham fan in there!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BigNigeBowds

I live in Croyde and the weather really hasn't been too bad, nothing out the ordinary
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Holders on October 28, 2013, 08:22:55 AM
Having a few days down in North Devon & it's wet & windy, good surfing conditions tomorrow morning apparantly.  Hoping London isn't taking a battering?

Whilst we're in the South West, I watched the Soton game in a pub in Redruth, Cornwall and - guess what - there was another Fulham fan in there!

Did he or she own up then?

epsomraver

Quote from: Cravenawin on October 28, 2013, 03:57:03 AM
It's absolutely scorching where I am ATM. Mind you, I am in Hawaii for the next three weeks. Miss the Utd game, but guess what. I couldn't care less.

How could you?? the chance to go to Hawaii or watch Martin Jol,s Fulham and you chose hawaii fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif :005:

Shredhead

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 27, 2013, 09:58:22 PM
Quote from: SP on October 27, 2013, 09:37:59 PM

SP. I'm guessing you will be heading to Polzeath for the surf. If its too stupid to go in take a wander on the footpath out to the headland, the path ultimately ends up at Port Isaac and 'that' chippy. The place to watch the rollers crash if you ask me.
Admin. Only one train at the moment. Might be zilch tomorrow with the number of trees in full leaf along the line and we do panic easily down here. Exeter has been shite all evening and we are fully expecting trees down in the morning. Do you know GWR trains up to London and the north are on 40/50mph limits most of the way.
[/quote]Are you lot all surfers as well as Cottagers, then?
I was in Croyde the weekend before last and scored good overhead waves at Puts and Woolacombe. I'm feeling a bit battered after 2 sessions the weekend just gone at Brighton Marina. Yesterday afternoon was particularly challenging. I'm now looking forward to the wind going offshore - tomorrow probably.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

SP

Had lunch at one of Rick Stein's restaurants in Padstow today, lovely.  Then, rather serially, met Rick Stein at a book signing, he's a really decent bloke, even though it cost £25 to buy the Mrs his cookbook.

Holders

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 28, 2013, 09:57:28 AM
Quote from: Holders on October 28, 2013, 08:22:55 AM

Did he or she own up then?

Yes, he heard me moaning and shouting at the telly"!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria