News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol's solution for our aging, slow first team squad ...

Started by HatterDon, October 29, 2013, 05:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Fulham winger made available for loan

Boss hopes to send youngster out to get first-team experience

Martin Jol wants to send out Buomesca Tue Na Bangna and several of Fulham's other youngsters before the loan window shuts next month.

The former Chelsea winger made his first-team debut against his old club at Stamford Bridge in September, but hasn't featured since.

Marcus Bettinelli, Marcello Trotta and Cauley Woodrow are among the Fulham young guns gaining experience in the lower leagues.

And boss Jol wants more of his kids to get regular games elsewhere.

He said: "If you look at the left side we have Adel Taarabt, [Pajtim] Kasami and even Damien Duff can play there.

"We've got Ashkan Dejagah and Duff on the other side too. There's too many players here now to throw them in, so I would love to find something for them.

"I've got six or seven youngsters who could play in the lower leagues and do a very good job, but you need the clubs to take them.

"There's still not a lot of interest because all of these lower-league clubs are looking for older, experienced players.

"They want to keep these teams up and may feel these youngsters can't do a job for them."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-winger-made-available-loan-6247654?

sigh
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Cravenawin

Says all we need to know about how Jol works. Southampton never loaned out Ward-Prowse and Shaw as youngsters and put them in the first team at 17 years old. Look how they've progressed.

WhiteJC

perhaps Jol is being "far sighted" as he feels these players need lower league experience BEFORE they get it with us  :012: as at this rate we'll be there soon enough

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Cravenawin on October 29, 2013, 05:19:12 PM
Says all we need to know about how Jol works. Southampton never loaned out Ward-Prowse and Shaw as youngsters and put them in the first team at 17 years old. Look how they've progressed.

And where were they when Soton gave them their opportunity? The lower leagues. It seems to me that Southampton have had a very long term plan for arriving in the PL and remaining and that part of that process was developing exceptional talents within their ranks....like Shaw and Ward-Prowse. Isn't it far more likely that Shaw and Ward-Prowse are exceptions to the rule in Southampton's case rather than the gold standard of how to handle players where young talent is concerned?

And in your view, why do these quotes from Jol point to a unilateral judgement by him? Are there quotes from Kit stating these kids are all ready for the first team and that Jol is stunting their growth? Perhaps it's Kit pushing Jol to loan them out so that they can get experience beyond that of the reserve league in hopes that they could be available to help the team later in the season.

Point is that none of us, that I know of anyway, is a professional judge of footballing talent/development. None of us is seeing these players play/practice day to day. None of us is fully aware of their maturity level or priorities in their professional and private lives.

It could very well all be down to Jol's poor judgement, stubborn nature, or ignorance. But, given his CV and the respect that it's fairly obvious he's earned as a manager, I'd say it's far more likely that he's doing what he believes is best for the club and player. Why else would all of these players who've come to our team since he joined continue the refrain "I chose Fulham, in part, because of Jol"? They're all pros who had options, but chose us and him.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jmh

Quote from: Cravenawin on October 29, 2013, 05:19:12 PM
Just because some players are ready at 17 doesn't mean all will be.  Everton loaned Leon Osman out a couple of times and he didn't see significant action for their first team until he was 23, and that approach seems to have worked out well for him.  Different players are ready for the Premier League at different ages.

Burt

It would be good to have some success stories with our youth starting to cut it at a first team level.

However this has to be done carefully, at the right time. From what I hear from those who actually see our development teams live, whilst there is a lot of emerging talent they have yet to hit the stage where they are ready to break in to the first team...

Hence loaning people out to build competitive experience.

You have got to believe that the club are more in the know with these matters than we are, and that the right things are being done...

alfie

Please do not assume that i am making any comparisons but None of Wengers youngsters went straight into the first team, every single one of them went out on loan to get experience, yet some people want to throw our youngsters in without really know how they will perform, it has worked very well with Kaca and Kasami, and i believe that Trotta is now begining to show some form, as is Burn and one or 2 others.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HatterDon on October 29, 2013, 05:13:19 PM
Fulham winger made available for loan

Boss hopes to send youngster out to get first-team experience

Martin Jol wants to send out Buomesca Tue Na Bangna and several of Fulham's other youngsters before the loan window shuts next month.

The former Chelsea winger made his first-team debut against his old club at Stamford Bridge in September, but hasn't featured since.

Marcus Bettinelli, Marcello Trotta and Cauley Woodrow are among the Fulham young guns gaining experience in the lower leagues.

And boss Jol wants more of his kids to get regular games elsewhere.

He said: "If you look at the left side we have Adel Taarabt, [Pajtim] Kasami and even Damien Duff can play there.

"We've got Ashkan Dejagah and Duff on the other side too. There's too many players here now to throw them in, so I would love to find something for them.

"I've got six or seven youngsters who could play in the lower leagues and do a very good job, but you need the clubs to take them.

"There's still not a lot of interest because all of these lower-league clubs are looking for older, experienced players.

"They want to keep these teams up and may feel these youngsters can't do a job for them."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-winger-made-available-loan-6247654?

sigh

These last three quotes in bold are quite telling.

People here are wanting us to bring these young talents through to our Premier League first team. But, here we have Jol stating that he wants to get them first team minutes with lower league teams and yet those teams are not willing to rely on our youngsters. What about that would indicate to anyone that they are ready for our first team???
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Pluto

If he's to go out on loan let's at least get the right club this time. So many of our lads are at clubs where they aren't getting games or are under-performing.