watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol very relaxed

Started by Fulham76, October 29, 2013, 11:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

HD, not a lot is certain in this world, except death, perhaps taxes and definitely that you and I will see eye to eye at least once a season (even if you're always right) ..  :005:

WayneKerrins

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 30, 2013, 09:43:32 AM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on October 30, 2013, 09:33:45 AM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on October 30, 2013, 09:13:39 AM

I'm amazed that there are still a few posters who think he could turn it around. There is a miniscule amount of evidence to cling to such a notion, almost nothing.
It's just hope, desire, preference. It's not rational.

Turn around what exactly? We're not playing like Brazil because we are not Brazil, we are Fulham and our form reflects that. Are we in the bottom three? No, so I don't get where all this panic is coming from. I am simply astounded at the lack of support Jol is being given by the older and supposedly wiser heads who should know we cannot push for a top ten finish in an extremely competitive league spending what we are spending. Obviously we'll have some sticky spells with the team we've got and the manager can do very little about it.

He has good enough players though. The majority are very experienced in the premier league. The problem is Jol's tactics. I didn't go last night so I'm excluding that game but if you add up all the goal attempts we had at Sunderland, Newcastle, Chelsea & Southampton, it's less than 10. Even less if you count those on target. Cardiff came to our place & had 24 & rightly won the game. Sunderland & Newcastle had over 15 each attempts at our goal. Chelsea & Southampton had over 20. You can't allow teams to come at us like we do, (particularly with the way we're defending) & only create 1 or 2 chances per game & expect to win games. That's all down to Jol's tactics.

Very apt handle Mr Okaka, you're just Jol's type of signing.
Suggest you look forward rather than back. With the upcoming fixtures were looking at between 13 and 19 Pts come the half way point. That speaks to relegation. Please also remember that we've beaten the worst 2 teams in the league to date and had a very lucky win against a bottom 5 cert. over and above this the paucity of our playing performances in so so many fundamental respects is staggering. Don't even get me started on Jol's own visible and oral contributions.  For those that say hey what's the issue we are 14th and 1 point of the top half then, with the greatest respect, I think that is rank ignorance of the highest order.