more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Current form

Started by BedsFFC, October 30, 2013, 10:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Last 17 league games.

Won 4. Drawn 2. Lost 11. Goals for 16. Goals against 26.

Current points to game ratio is 0.82 which, if continued would give us 31 points.

In this same time, we have the lowest shots and shots on target in the league.

The whole thing feels like a sinking ship. Relegation is tangible. There's no major injury crisis, there's no McBride or Bullard to come back.
There's no fighting talk.

Undeserved victories over Sunderland and stoke just mask the inevitable. (We did deserve to beat west brom)

Defence appears unorganised, midfield provides no support and we just don't seem to have an attack.

I support fulham through thick and thin but I don't support coaching and management that doesn't work. I support fulham, not Sanchez, dicks, branfoot and now I don't support Martin jol.

Yes, it's a rant, yes, I've said it before but this is all I can do.

This is me at a dinner and dance on the Titanic and looking out the porthole and shouting look out for those bleeding icebergs and no, I don't trust the captain.

ron

The situation provides dilemmas for supporters of the club too. Not turning up, certainly for ST holders, represents a real loss in cash terms  for those tickets already bought, so to get value from investment is not really an option.
   But underlying that cash consideration, Non- ST holders (and fans from overseas who can't make games) have the option of withholding gate money or simply withholding support until things, i.e. results, get better. Sadly, by doing that, we are no better than the 'plastic' fans who switch clubs in order to follow success, and who we on this board hold in almost contempt.

Tough times. Our Titanic is heading towards the iceberg, and Captain Jol is at the wheel, thinking that ice is good in a Gin and Tonic.

FFC1987

I see what you done with the points calculation there but I might put a slight spin on it. We are roughly 1/4 of the way through this season with 10 points which is most likely 1/4 of the points we require to stay up. If we carry on this trend we will have 40 points and stay up. Not all doom and gloom.

the nutflush

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2013, 11:18:01 AM
I see what you done with the points calculation there but I might put a slight spin on it. We are roughly 1/4 of the way through this season with 10 points which is most likely 1/4 of the points we require to stay up. If we carry on this trend we will have 40 points and stay up. Not all doom and gloom.

Wow. 40 points.  Way to aim high.

BedsFFC

All I've done is take it back to the point where it seemed to turn, which was after the qpr game on April 1st.

In the next 7 games we have Man U, Liverpool, spurs, man city and Everton away. Throw in west ham away as well and I think even you might have noticed the big white pointy thing in the sea

FFC1987

Quote from: BedsFFC on October 30, 2013, 11:39:30 AM

All I've done is take it back to the point where it seemed to turn, which was after the qpr game on April 1st.

In the next 7 games we have Man U, Liverpool, spurs, man city and Everton away. Throw in west ham away as well and I think even you might have noticed the big white pointy thing in the sea

I wasn't mocking, I like it and think it makes sense. Like I was saying though, I'm only going on this season so currently we are on course regardless of what games are ahead. Once we get to the half way mark i'm sure it will change! Hopefully for the better but i won't be holding my breath :)

FFC1987

Quote from: the nutflush on October 30, 2013, 11:24:21 AM

Wow. 40 points.  Way to aim high.

With our squad and current spending, my aim was always 40 points then express yourselfs and earn a contract. If that means pushing for top half at that stage then great but survival after poor spending was my reasoning. Justified?

Forever Fulham

Thatcher loved to hear Reagan's story about the eternal optimist.  A boy is put in a room full of horse manure.  An hour later they returned and opened the door to find the boy singing and laughing. 
"Little boy, why are you so happy?"
"I know there's a pony in here somewhere!" 

FFC1987

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 30, 2013, 12:40:23 PM
Thatcher loved to hear Reagan's story about the eternal optimist.  A boy is put in a room full of horse manure.  An hour later they returned and opened the door to find the boy singing and laughing. 
"Little boy, why are you so happy?"
"I know there's a pony in here somewhere!" 

Very cute. I find myself somewhat offended by this.

However, at least the kid isn't simply throwing the dung around aimlessly....

Forever Fulham

The team is in big trouble.  We had a relatively easy early schedule and are now walking into a buzz saw.  I joke because I feel powerless to effect change that I don't believe is otherwise coming.  I wish I could be optimistic.  I'm trying.

FFC1987

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 30, 2013, 12:56:09 PM
The team is in big trouble.  We had a relatively easy early schedule and are now walking into a buzz saw.  I joke because I feel powerless to effect change that I don't believe is otherwise coming.  I wish I could be optimistic.  I'm trying.

I'd say aiming for 40 points and thinking we are 1/4 of the way there is as far optimistic as I can get to be fair. I wouldn't say i'm being a true optimist but more so than some posters when it comes to our 'impending doom' as some would call it.