watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The last few weeks in a life of a fulhamer

Started by Sammyffc, October 30, 2013, 12:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

so these last few weeks have been , interesting. When bent scored the winner vs stoke the hammy end was pumping and we all finally thought this is it , this is the time fulham change. Then we hammer palace away , once again we got all excited and thought this is are time to shine . ( despite poo performances ) . But the loss last night stuffed me abit , i could'nt make the game so i checked the score 1-0 to leicester , had a little chuckle to myself shook my head and launched my laptop. Picked it up and seen it was 3-1. I didn't even feel upset, as deep down i knew we would lose . I found it quite funny in all honesty how fulhamish fulham actually are. But it's amazed me when fulham lose how poo the next day is for us , i feel quite down , knowing my beloved club is exactly the same as its always been apart from the hodgson era.  We have always been a average team , and with out budget are squad is actually strong. Is this a curse ? were currently sitting 14th , some hard games coming up , but will it be another fulhamish season finishing below 12th ? or will the whole feeling of being a fulham fan change if we some how beat united and end up 9th 10th or 11th . I just don't know !! all i know is that are football has been poo. regardless of are 3 wins and 1 draw. In my eyes jol messed up , ill confess , i wanted him from the start and stuck by him but you can't blame him for getting these big stars in who just aren't performing. He probably thought the same as us , buzzing off the players we got for a budget. I honestly do believe we will be safe , I'm just scared that if we get rid of jol it could massively backfire. Im just so confused at the minute with what i want ... I WANT martin to succeed and make us great but it just isn't happening , I WANT players to step up to there game , which isn't happening . I WANT CHANGE , but change is scary , theres not a manger out there who i could trust with our position. Also , the one thing Jol does have in his favour is bringing in top players . This is something he is amazing at. I don't want a new manager who is going to bring in players who just aren't good , at all. Due to our low funds.

I just do not know  :012:

Logicalman

Sammy, totally agree. The strain always shows, even in seasoned fans. My way to even the adverse feelings is to understand that we are who we are, we are Fulham. We belong in the top flight just as long as we can keep treading water. The thought of being able to swim strongly keeps the belief in me that perhaps, one day, we'll punch above our weight again like we did in that glorious season under Roy. My glass always remains half-full, and will never empty.

The realist in me keeps me understanding that I am a Fulham supporter, it matters not which division we are in, I remain loyal to my life-long club, and the only difference is my opportunity to see the lads play will be affected. As for bragging rights, never worried me. I see so many plastic supporters from other clubs, and when we get into conversation I firmly believe they begin to understand that the Fulham Faithful are true to their club and beliefs, not for fame, but because we truly love the club itself, and nothing can overcome that.

jarv

Good comments. We are Fulham, no matter which division. Tony, I am considering, in a few years when about 70, retiring back home in Scotland. If Fulham slide, I will be able to travel to places like Carlisle and Darlington to watch Fulham quite easily, every cloud has a silver lining :005:
Everyone seems to be a bit more realistic (some say resigned) about our future.

Despite the gloom of recent weeks, I have tickets for the Swansea game. Only about a week ago I said I was not bothered about going to CC. Can't wait now, my once a year live game while in UK. 049:gif

Lighthouse

But playing this no flare, dull football and losing is still bad to watch whatever league we are in. Knowing that we concede late on is not Fulhamish but boring. There is no joy in watching the team. So many fans who can watch, no longer bother. Many of us stuck with only the radio end up by checking the scores only and not listening to the game because we are boring. It is not just the losing but the fact that we lack the ambition to venture forward.

It is always great to see Fulham. I miss it. But I don't miss it at the moment.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

I guess the Khan revolution might even pay dividends for those on the pond's west coast, as he will want to cash in on the current upswing in soccer interest, mainly due to the upcoming WC, and so more tours of the colonies could be on the cards.