News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Puzzled by the lack of reaction ...........

Started by HV71, October 30, 2013, 02:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

.....by the other players to Rodallega's goals. Okay I wasn't there but from what I have seen from the highlights no one seemed to celebrate with him. Seems a bit odd to me - and whilst I don't want to read too much into it - why such a lack of enthusiasm ? Did they care? Have they got something against him? We don't score that many - so I would have thought they would have been delighted for him and the team. Is there something amiss in the dressing room?

As I say I wasn't there so may have missed them going wild with excitement further down the field. Hope so . 

The Equalizer

As it goes, I'm also surprised by the lack of comment or reaction on here. I mean it's not every game that Rodallega scores a goal, let alone two of them!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Andy S

Don't be surprised it is down to all the negativity on this board from the few who keep on with the Jol out stuff. There comes a limit as to how much you want to read the same thing. Lets hope we can turn it around soon

Lighthouse

Could it be they didn't know who he was? The only time he pops up this season he has looked sharper and quicker than those above him in the pecking order. But as that is one sub and one start it could be he was a stranager to most. Still as Rodders is injured Jol can relax and go back to the Yawn team. I mean the dream team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 30, 2013, 02:48:22 PM
Could it be they didn't know who he was? The only time he pops up this season he has looked sharper and quicker than those above him in the pecking order. But as that is one sub and one start it could be he was a stranager to most. Still as Rodders is injured Jol can relax and go back to the Yawn team. I mean the dream team.

Completely agree and i'm glad someone else thinks Rodders hasn't had the support from his manager and given anytime even though he looks like he has the work ethic and scores the odd goal. I think the worst thing was Jol was challenging Hugo to score into double figures this year, a somewhat impossible task when you don't get game time!

Furby

Quote from: Andy S on October 30, 2013, 02:41:18 PM
Don't be surprised it is down to all the negativity on this board from the few who keep on with the Jol out stuff. There comes a limit as to how much you want to read the same thing. Lets hope we can turn it around soon

Most are negative on here because at this moment in time we'd really be clutching at straws to take positives out of Rodders scoring twice. We've been so poor for close to a year now, but let's be positive because one of our strikers who won't get a look in above Berbastrop, or Bent has scored twice. Do you think that's a turning point for our season now then??

RaySmith

It's because we lost, and again leaking a goal in the last minutes -if we'd  won we would be celebrating Rodders and Kara's goals.

Re the team not celebrating much- it's because we still had a lot to do to get something from the game after each of Rodders goals.

If we'd have won I'm sure there would have been a lot of celebrating with the fans.

HV71

To be honest I wasn't really referring to the reaction on the forum but to the players on the pitch. I know we still had a lot to do when he scored his second but there seemed little or no reaction to his opener either. Surely the other players first reaction should have been " fantastic we have taken the lead on the road ! " but none of it . So why ? What is wrong with team spirit ? I can't fathom it out  - it doesn't add up.

RaySmith

I don't think there is anything suspicious about it - the team must have felt very tense and anxious, losing to Leicester  they knew would be seen as terrible after last Saturday.

I guess the celebrations were muted knowing there was still a lot to do- but they would have been full on at the end, I'm sure, IF we had won.

grandad

I don´t like all the kissing & cuddling that goes on these days. Just a manly handshake as they used to do is all that´s necessary.
Where there's a will there's a wife