https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New manager has to have ties to Fulham

Started by George G, October 30, 2013, 04:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: George G on October 30, 2013, 06:05:41 PM
Quote from: grandad on October 30, 2013, 05:39:20 PM
We are having a dreadful time with the fanatical Jol Outers. Were you not around when the Coleman Outers were about. Are they the same platoon I wonder? Maybe one or two were Dicks Outers.

I am not a fanatical Jol outer in the slightest. This is the first time I have actually thought a change in manager might be needed. I am always one who believes managers should be given time. I never wanted Coleman out and would quite like his back because of his passion for Fulham.

Totally with you there George.

Cookie was a great servant to the club as both player and manager. His downfall, from my perspective, was his pally act with some of the squad. I still believe a manager/coach can be friends with players byt strictly at the club, outside fraternising should be out.

fulham traveller

tony pullis anyone? he has never been relegated in his career, or are we not that desperate yet

Deanothefulhamfan

Is John Collins not managing a low league swiss club, if so that is a big jump in level...

I honestly don't care who comes in, as I think whoever they are will improve us.... Some more so than others

The Enclosurite

Quote from: fulham traveller on October 31, 2013, 05:39:09 AM
tony pullis anyone? he has never been relegated in his career, or are we not that desperate yet

If Pulis is appointed I will be shouting Pulis Out! from day one.  Don't want him anywhere near our club.
¡COYW!

RaySmith

Perhaps Fulham need a manager who deals in basics before anything else - whose main concern is not conceding and solid defending.

Two of Roy's first signings were Brede and Schwarz. He made us sound in defence before anything else.

So perhaps a Pulis or Allardyce type is  is what we need, and is necessary to keep Fulham as a mid table Prem side on the funds available.

alfie

I am not in any Jol in out shake it all about camp whatsoever, but i do find it amusing that people seem to think that any of the numerous different names mentioned will come in and be our saviour, this happened once, there are no guarantee's this would happen again, i think almost all of the names mentioned have been sacked from various managerial position because they have failed in their tasks, yet we seem quite happy to take them on.
What happens if whoever comes in fails, are we going to go through the same campaign to get the manager sacked.

As much as i understand that maybe Jol and his tactics are not working, but then again nor are the players, i am sorry but i firmly believe that the players we have are not or no longer good enough. There has been a lot of talk that Jol broke up a successful Hodgson team, but in truth how many of Hodgson's team are still playing in the premiership, teams evolve/change or whatever you wish to call it, but sometimes it just does not work, if you cannot get your 1st choice players you have to like us sometimes settle for 2nd best.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

Quote from: RaySmith on October 31, 2013, 07:39:34 AM
Perhaps Fulham need a manager who deals in basics before anything else - whose main concern is not conceding and solid defending.

Two of Roy's first signings were Brede and Schwarz. He made us sound in defence before anything else.

So perhaps a Pulis or Allardyce type is  is what we need, and is necessary to keep Fulham as a mid table Prem side on the funds available.

Either of those and I would rather support someone else or not support anyone at all. Their style of football is of the dark ages and somethig I detest
Every day is a Fulham day

Harold Shand

Quote from: westcliff white on October 30, 2013, 05:30:35 PM
Quote from: Harold Shand on October 30, 2013, 04:56:45 PM
Quote from: George G on October 30, 2013, 04:39:43 PM
If we are to get a new manager in, I would like it to be someone who has been with Fulham before either as a player, coach or manager.

The reason for this, is I feel we need that passion back amongst the fans. We lost our long standing chairman in the off-season and all our beloved players from the Hodgson era are gone, bar a few (Duff, Hughes, Hangeland). We almost need to get a bit of our identity back.

I would love to see Chris Coleman back actually, especially as Al Fayed has now gone. I understand Cookie did not like the way he was treated. Sacked after being given next to nothing then the following season Sanchez got a huge kitty- something I still don't understand to this day.

So what do you guys think, and if you agree what other names can you think of?

My top 3:

1.Coleman
2. John Collins,
3. Danny Murphy (Preferably as first team coach under one of the above)
If we are to get a new manager in, I would like it to be someone who has been with Fulham before either as a player, coach or manager.

The reason for this, is I feel we need that passion back amongst the fans. We lost our long standing chairman in the off-season and all our beloved players from the Hodgson era are gone, bar a few (Duff, Hughes, Hangeland). We almost need to get a bit of our identity back.

I would love to see Chris Coleman back actually, especially as Al Fayed has now gone. I understand Cookie did not like the way he was treated. Sacked after being given next to nothing then the following season Sanchez got a huge kitty- something I still don't understand to this day.

My top 3:

1.Coleman
2. John Collins,

Sanchez didn't get a big kitty, that's a myth.

Net spend was about £5 million.

I can't think who he sold but Sanchez spent just over 6 mill on Kamari, around 3.5 on Healy, his only good signings were Hughes for 2 million ish and barid can't remember what we paid for him.

In total he spent close on 13 million, but incoming I can't remember certainly don't think it was 8-10 million.

But it reminds me how bad he truly was.

I don't care if the new guy (if there is one)  has ties to Fulham, as long as he can coach the best out of the players and motivate them to want to wear the white shirt and get better results then that's good enough for me.

He spent about 23 million in total and pulled about 18 million back.

Can't believe a Fulham fan doesn't recollect this.

We can't complain about lazy journalism when our own fans make the same mistakes.

I'm quite shocked at this.

JIMMY D

Do you think Mr Khan has the money to get Super Guus Hiddink? Why not? Lets try and get one of the best!

Buffalo76

Quote from: fulham traveller on October 31, 2013, 05:39:09 AM

Are you serious??? NO WAY. The guy's a footballing thug.

westcliff white

Quote from: Harold Shand on October 31, 2013, 09:20:06 AM

My top 3:

1.Coleman
2. John Collins,

My top 3:

1.Coleman
2. John Collins,

I can't think who he sold but Sanchez spent just over 6 mill on Kamari, around 3.5 on Healy, his only good signings were Hughes for 2 million ish and barid can't remember what we paid for him.

In total he spent close on 13 million, but incoming I can't remember certainly don't think it was 8-10 million.

I don't care if the new guy (if there is one)  has ties to Fulham, as long as he can coach the best out of the players and motivate them to want to wear the white shirt and get better results then that's good enough for me.

We can't complain about lazy journalism when our own fans make the same mistakes.

I wouldnt say I am lazy I just try to forget the truly abysmal days under his management.

But the players signed in the summer of 2007 were Hughes 1,320,000; Davis 5,192,000; Kamara 7,920,000; Baird 3,960,000; Healy 1,980,000; Konchescky 2,640,000; Cook 3,300,000; Liejer unknown; Bouazza 3,960,000; Keller Free; Kuqi Loan; Murphy Free; Seol Ki-Hyoen 2,750,000; Stefanovic 1,320,000 a total of £34,342,000.

Those he sold were Crossley Free; Collins Free; Helguson 1,760,000; Brown 1,144,000, Queudrue 3,300,000; Knight 4,136,000; Diop 4,400,000; Rosenior 1,672,000 a total of £16,412,000

This is what i can find on the internet, that makes a deficit of just under 18 million or there abouts. if i have missed any let me know. For me he was a total disaster only won 4 of his 24 game sin charge, when he some how kept us up he only won 1 game out of 5 with 1 draw and 3 losses. i think overall in all competitions his record was 4 wins 8 draws and 12 losses, not sure how that compares to our other managers after that many games but reckoning for the money spent it is one of the worst

MasterHaynes

My top 3:

1.Coleman
2. John Collins,

My top 3:

1.Coleman
2. John Collins,

Not a supporter of Sanchez but when you look at the Nett spend and the players he bought in Murphy, Hughes, Baird we got out moneys worth from these three.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Harold Shand on October 31, 2013, 09:20:06 AM

My top 3:

1.Coleman
2. John Collins,

My top 3:

1.Coleman
2. John Collins,

I don't care if the new guy (if there is one)  has ties to Fulham, as long as he can coach the best out of the players and motivate them to want to wear the white shirt and get better results then that's good enough for me.

Blagged this from the web. Prices look about right but not 100% sure
8-)

Season 07/08                               
Players In                                           Players Out  
Diomansy Kamara        £6,000,000       Heidar Helguson    Signed                   
Chris Baird                    £3,025,000       Michael Brown      Signed                   
Paul Konchesky         £2,000,000       Franck Queudrue   £2,000,000               
David Healy            £1,500,000       Zat Knight             £3,500,000               
Lee Cook               Signed           Pape Bouba Diop   Signed                   
Nathan Ashton          Free             Liam Rosenior        Signed                   
Hameur Bouazza         £3,000,000       Michael Timlin         Free                     
Kasey Keller                   Free             Bjorn Runstrom      Free                     
Dejan Stefanovic       £1,000,000       Carlos Bocanegr   Free                     
Ki-Hyeon Seol          Signed                               
Danny Murphy           Signed                               
Brede Hangeland        £2,500,000                           
Leon Andreasen         £2,000,000                           
Toni Kallio                    Signed                               
Erik Nevland           £1,850,000                           
Jari Litmanen          Free                                 
Eddie Johnson          £3,000,000                           
Mark Schwarzer         Free                                 
David Stockdale        £600,000                           
Zoltan Gera            Free                                
Andranik Teymourian    Free                            
Alex Nimely   Signed                   

Total   £26,475,000

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Harold Shand

So you have already shaved 8 million off Westcliff White's figures (Lord know's where he got them from).

Plus Brede & Nevland were Hodgson signings.

Which is another 4.5 million off.

Stockdale wasn't signed by Sanchez either.

At this rate I'll have him making a profit.

Eddie Johnson come after Sanchez left anall.

Bassey the warrior

I don't care whether they have any ties or not, if they're good enough that's fine by me.

westcliff white

Quote from: Harold Shand on October 31, 2013, 01:03:40 PM
So you have already shaved 8 million off Westcliff White's figures (Lord know's where he got them from).

Plus Brede & Nevland were Hodgson signings.

Which is another 4.5 million off.

Stockdale wasn't signed by Sanchez either.

At this rate I'll have him making a profit.

Eddie Johnson come after Sanchez left anall.

Firstly your missing Steven Davis, and I got 95% of mine from a website called transfer markt, and I only looked at players bought and sold in the summer did not include players sold by or bought by Roy, I didn't trust Wikipedia to be right as idiots like me can write anything not there. If u look for the players signed that summer and then go to transfer merit that's how I got the numbers. Maybe a typo but I do t think so

mullers

I'm not going Saturday. I don't care what happens at the moment. We Might win. We might lose. We might get a couple of brilliant goals, there might be some controversy. I've never slagged the team for losing, only for playing piss poor football. Other than the Arsenal game we have been boringly predictable at best. Kasami's goal is the best thing since Karagounis hit a couple of blinders in January. I want to care about the club I've loved for so many years but, well, the cat needs feeding at five o'clock and at least she makes me laugh.