watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Weird place to bump in to a fellow supporter

Started by Burt, October 30, 2013, 09:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

There I was, walking in the large, mainly deserted gardens of Schloss Charlottenburg here in Berlin with Mrs Burt and de kinder when we bump in to another family, the mum of which had a Fulham coat on...

Small world.

An afternoon visit to the holocaust memorial and museum also put all the football and managerial goings on in to their proper perspective. Harrowing stuff, but well worth doing.

jarv

In the small suburban town I live in America, was at the checkout with my fod shopping. I had a Fulham sweatshirt on. The young kid helping (he was about 16) said "awesome, Fulham. I love that team. I have been to Craven cottage once and can't wait to go again" Now I think about it, that was during the Hodgson years. He might not be so keen now.

Artful Dodger

Reminds me of when I was in Vancouver in 2008 visiting the Capilano Suspension bridge and there on a bench was inscribed, FULHAM FC. Martin & Bozena, Slovakia 2008! Who they are, I have no idea or why they would be supporting Fulham being from Slovakia, but there you go!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Hazey

Last weekend I was in a small village in Timor-Leste called Los Palos and as we were driving down the street a teenage guy had the Fulham Dabs kit on.......I wound down the window and said Come on Fulham!  In return I received an angry stare and grunt....the Mrs suggested we find our compound for the night quickly!

I am thinking he may have received his top in a package of "dead white man's clothes" (called so as the only possible reason someone would throw out good clothes was if they were dead) and not from his first trip to The Cottage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lospalos
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

westcliff white

I bumped into someone at the Belgium v Wales game earlier this month who was a fulham fan. the other time it has happened and probably more interestingly was on holiday last year in Turkey. I went to get some drinks with my son and when I came back there was a guy around 5 feet away from my wife as she sun bathed staring at her (she was laying face down on the sun bed), he had a fulham top on. Still told him to clear off tho
Every day is a Fulham day

Tempest

Not so much a Fulham supporter but anyone running the Himalayan 100 mile stage race, day 3, the Everest marathon day, you'll see kids wearing Fulham shirts on the mountain. Well, hopefully, gave out the shirts 5 or 6 years ago, gave out 6 shirts, always amuses me that the runners the year after would see these random Fulham shirts among the Man United and Chelsea ones.
Live in Falmouth!

St Eve

Met a fellow fan in Bermuda years ago when we were in the old 4th division. His response was "so you are the other fan"

cmg

The Equalizer

I was strolling around Rodney Bay in St Lucia a couple of years back and saw a sight to behold, beyond the reds of the obligatory Man United and Arsenal shirts. Some chap walking around in a Fulham shirt!

Happy days!

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

keith

I wore my Fulham shirt in Rodney Bay, but that was in 1998.

The Equalizer

Quote from: keith on October 31, 2013, 03:14:55 PM
I wore my Fulham shirt in Rodney Bay, but that was in 1998.

You seem to have started a trend.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

keith

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.