If we can see it, then why..

Started by Admin, October 30, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Quote from: mangoputney on October 31, 2013, 11:00:44 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on October 31, 2013, 09:43:14 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 31, 2013, 09:07:54 AM
Quote from: mangoputney on October 31, 2013, 09:01:43 AM
They appear to have a lot of faith in there being three worse teams than us & that we'll also chance it on a pound land budget

How many of the club will remain should we drop???

As things stand Palace, Sunderland, Stoke and Norwich are certainly no better than us so that may just be a plan. Not a good one of course.

Hard to think that Khan bought the club intending, or willing to allow, it to decline.

Relegation need not be a disaster - it depends on the financial health of the club and the determination of the owner to get it back up. For an American owner relegation means that the club becomes internationally invisible - the last thing he'd want.

My tuppence worth is that: -

* Khan has made statements about improving on the 12/13 finish as defining 'success'
* Jol's contract is up next summer
* if we fail to improve on last years league position then Khan has a factual reason to not offer Jol (& the back room staff) new contracts
* the plan assumes that Khan has received advice that we are good enough to survive and he believes it.  Unlike the Jaguars, FFC could be relegated and his investment will diminish
* whilst we sit above the bottom 3 the 13/14 strategy is working so Jol stays

Don't say I agree with this, or that I have a personal line to Mr Khan.  Just my guesses

I think your spot on, which means a turgid season of football

Think the club need to think about its ST holders... If we don't invest / remodel / new coach / manager next summer after staying up, I'm tempted not to renew as it's been dire

My dad has said exactly the same thing

The Bronsons

I didn't renew this year. Not entirely football reasons - I have two kids going through university this year and savings needed to be made - but sitting in the Hammersmith End last last season made the decision easier than it might have been.

RidgeRider

Quote from: The Bronsons on October 31, 2013, 06:30:04 PM
I didn't renew this year. Not entirely football reasons - I have two kids going through university this year and savings needed to be made - but sitting in the Hammersmith End last last season made the decision easier than it might have been.

Good point, we've spent so much energy on how dire we are right now we forget how dire we were last season. Only a good start and and a bit of life in the middle kept us from going down because we had two long spells of pointless football.

Cheers for having two kids in university....my day is coming to be in the same boat.