watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fundamental Coaching concerns

Started by Skatzoffc, October 31, 2013, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Lamby posted a Ray Lewington thread a while back, but I'd like to revisit it.

To blame individual players for losing games is, imo, negative and damaging to morale.

I still see the team's malaise as a fundamental coaching problem.

When Ray Lewington went to Hodgson's England set up, we lost a stalwart Fulham man. He had been caretaker a couple of times, knew the whole club inside out and obviously knew his stuff on the training ground.

Tbh, I don't even know who does the day to day fundamental training now, although I think one of Jol's relatives may be involved. Whoever it is should either be replaced, (as they haven't got a clue with defending corners), or the club need to get in someone who does know their stuff to help the current staff.

The defenders we have are decent enough and have served us well in the past.
They don't suddenly become crap defenders.

IMO, this a training pitch problem. Training should be motivating. A "playing as a team" ethic needs to return.
That appears to have been lost since RL went.

Did anyone hear anymore after the Mulensteen went elsewhere?
Are we still looking at bolstering the coaching side?

COYW!

049:gif

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

TonyGilroy

Really bad ownership would be - we need coaching assistance, let's get Meulensteen, oh - he won't come, let's not bother then.

The lack of a coaching appointment MAY mean that the club is looking for a Jol replacement who would of course bring in his own team. That may be wishful thinking of course.

the nutflush

Guus Hiddink would do the whole lot himself.  Take training (the team will never train harder and know each others game inside out). Wear the suit and do the pointing on matchday (he wont stand for any Berbatov arm flapping and pouting and wouldnt hesitate to point him to the bench).  He would also tell his players where to sit on the team bus.

Furby

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 31, 2013, 09:11:43 AM

Really bad ownership would be - we need coaching assistance, let's get Meulensteen, oh - he won't come, let's not bother then.

The lack of a coaching appointment MAY mean that the club is looking for a Jol replacement who would of course bring in his own team. That may be wishful thinking of course.

I'm in agreement with your logic TG. Getting in another coach to assist Jol with him moving closer to the exit door every week wouldn't make sense at all. I read that was one of the reasons Meulensteen turned us down as there was no guarantees he'd be kept on if Jol went...........Obviously I also read he was offered multi millions of pounds to become the Qatar Football Association's technical director!!

There has to be some movements/phone calls/meetings going on in the background as we speak with potential new managers as our board can't have their heads in the sand to our current situation.

TheManOnTheBus

But why would Meulensteen  want to be No2 at Fulham when he has already been No2 at Manure. Was never going to happen: a step down.

RaySmith

Quote from: the nutflush on October 31, 2013, 09:49:59 AM
Guus Hiddink would do the whole lot himself.  Take training (the team will never train harder and know each others game inside out). Wear the suit and do the pointing on matchday (he wont stand for any Berbatov arm flapping and pouting and wouldnt hesitate to point him to the bench).  He would also tell his players where to sit on the team bus.

But someone like that would never come to Fulham with the players we have, and the budgetary constraints he would have to work under.

I find it hard to believe that Fulham do not have top quality coaching staff, and the obvious defensive errors aren't worked upon. Plus, there is the highly experienced nature of most of our players.

So, I think it's more of a confidence problem, and also that some of our players just aren't up to the very high standard demanded of the Prem - be it age or other reasons.

the nutflush

Quote from: RaySmith on October 31, 2013, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on October 31, 2013, 09:49:59 AM
Guus Hiddink would do the whole lot himself.  Take training (the team will never train harder and know each others game inside out). Wear the suit and do the pointing on matchday (he wont stand for any Berbatov arm flapping and pouting and wouldnt hesitate to point him to the bench).  He would also tell his players where to sit on the team bus.

But someone like that would never come to Fulham with the players we have, and the budgetary constraints he would have to work under.

I find it hard to believe that Fulham do not have top quality coaching staff, and the obvious defensive errors aren't worked upon. Plus, there is the highly experienced nature of most of our players.

So, I think it's more of a confidence problem, and also that some of our players just aren't up to the very high standard demanded of the Prem - be it age or other reasons.

Yes he probably won't.  But Im just pointing out the fact that we need someone who is more hands on on the training pitch.  Someone who places a high priority on things like team fitness, tactics/set plays, and team discipline.  Because at the moment the muppet we've got shows no inclination to address these deficiencies.

Pluto

Michael Lindemann is head coach. I have to admit I'm not totally convinced of his competency, especially when it coems to the techincal side of the game as I believe he is from a fitness background. Though saying that a fair few of our players look don't exactly look fit either.....no excuse for that at this stage of the season.

Undoubtedly we need to bring a new face in. It's a shame we didn't get Meulensteen as he would've been the perfect fit.