more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worrying stats

Started by Furby, October 31, 2013, 10:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Here's an interesting worrying stat.

http://www.statsbomb.com/2013/10/10-points-evil-regression-fulham-striker-per90s-wk-9/   (Scroll down to number 6)

Even outsiders are worried for us.

filham

This is the big worry, it is clear game after game we are not getting near our opponents goal, even in that lovely win at Palace the only shots on target in the 1st half were the two wonder goals.
Ruiz/Berbatov/Bent are not producing the goods. Couple this with a leaky defence, especially from corners and it must be realised all the ingredients for relegation are in place.

Pluto

The woeful number of shots we have is just a symptom of our overall ineptitude in attack this season. Most of the time we can't seem to get anywhere near the opposition penalty area and we look like we have no plan whatsoever in attack.

We have problems across the board in attack. For a start very few of our players have the pace and strength to stretch defenses and beat their man (only Kasami has looked competent in this respect this season), no one can pick a pass except Ruiz and he's mostly played out of position and is too easily marked out of the game due to his poor pace & strength, and inability to retain the ball. For a striker Berbatov plays nowhere near the opposition penalty area, giving us no focal point in attack, and lacks the determination to chase down every ball and win physical battles. Bent is simply unfit and off the pace.

Fulham1959

I don't understand the graph.

What is PDO and why is the vertical scale negative ?  Are these net deficiencies (against the opposition in each match, cumulatively) or purely Fulham shots ?

filham

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 31, 2013, 10:59:13 AM
I don't understand the graph.

What is PDO and why is the vertical scale negative ?  Are these net deficiencies (against the opposition in each match, cumulatively) or purely Fulham shots ?

I couldn't understand the graph but then we don't really need a graph to remind us of how bad we have been in attack all season.

Furby

PDO A teams scoring% + Save%. League Average is 100

The graph is at a minus due to our deficit of shots on goal to shots on our goal.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Furby on October 31, 2013, 11:14:35 AM

The graph is at a minus due to our deficit of shots on goal to shots on our goal.

Thanks  -  still not entirely clear, though.  Do the letters PDO stand for anything ?

In my book, graphs should each have clearly labelled axis together with explanatory notes where necessary as to what the graph is meant to show.  But, then again, I went to school when we did calculus and used log tables.

Surely the coaching staff must use the wealth of statistics freely (or at a cost) available these days.  Or am I being too naive / logical / sensible ?

the nutflush

Jol doesnt look at stats.  Hes too busy kissing Berbas bot bot.

Furby

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 31, 2013, 11:40:43 AM
Quote from: Furby on October 31, 2013, 11:14:35 AM

Thanks  -  still not entirely clear, though.  Do the letters PDO stand for anything ?

In my book, graphs should each have clearly labelled axis together with explanatory notes where necessary as to what the graph is meant to show.  But, then again, I went to school when we did calculus and used log tables.

Surely the coaching staff must use the wealth of statistics freely (or at a cost) available these days.  Or am I being too naive / logical / sensible ?

Haha I'm not totally certain but I think it's percentage deficit on target?? Which is why ours is above average to shots in total. And why they're saying we can't rely on that for the rest of the season.

HatterDon

Every time we play, I have a little game I play with myself. It's called "How long before a Fulham player touches the ball in the opponent's penalty area?" I've only missed the League Cup matches this season, but I think there's only been 1 or 2 matches where the answer HASN'T been about 25-30 minutes in. Even if we seem to be dominating possession and/or moving the ball about nicely, we don't seem to put any pressure on the defenders we're playing against. A lot of this is down to Berbatov, who -- since Christmas -- has been playing closer to the center circle than the penalty area, but it has been a feature of MJSF since the Dutchman arrived.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel