watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell want's 2 more years

Started by bigalffc, October 31, 2013, 08:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

•Midfielder Steve Sidwell, 30, has rejected an initial offer of a one-year contract extension at Fulham as he wants a two-year deal.
( Daily Mirror )

I think he would be good in the Championship!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

ToodlesMcToot

Don't see why we should be giving multi-year deals at that age. He's a fine squad player, not a starter.

I say one with a club option for a second.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Travers Barney

His performance at Southampton warranted two years...but as regards an extended contract?

coyw
We are the whites

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on October 31, 2013, 09:02:44 PM
Don't see why we should be giving multi-year deals at that age. He's a fine squad player, not a starter.

Not a starter?
He's started every prem game this season.

Nero

Shouldn't we be leaving contract talks for when the new manager arrives he might not fancy him and then its money wasted

HatterDon

If we don't sign him until he's 32, our current leadership will just replace him with somebody even older who doesn't know the league.

As for "fine squad player, not a starter," he's been our most consistent positive force throughout the Jol Abortion that has been 2013.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SimpleTactics

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 31, 2013, 09:12:22 PM

Not a starter?

that says more about how bad we have been rather than him playing well

fulhamking

Quote from: SimpleTactics on October 31, 2013, 10:20:31 PM

Not a starter?

Jesus Christ. Says a lot, when you see comments saying that stuff about Siddwell. He is, if not the worst, one of the worst midds in the Prem. One of the huge reasons of Fulham bad results, innefective attacking possibilities, less goals (yes it is not Berbatov or Bent;s fault if they dont score goals, it is Siddwell who seriously F.UCK all almost every game). The last pass is the crucial part of the attack. I beg you, please oh please, watch the Fulham games since the beggining of the season, and dont focus on why Berbatov isnt scoring, just focus on how Siddwell is playing. Just that...
Cheers

ToodlesMcToot

Not a starter?

Yes. I've watched the games and I know he starts.

I gave my opinion on the matter which is what I figured was the purpose of starting this thread.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

I can only imagine the 'it's all Sidwells fault' is a rather amusing little wind up. Without Sidwell I fear we would be in an even deeper 'wel'l that Sids. He deserves the two year extension unless Khan is going to put more money into the club which he wont as he wants it to be self sustaining.

So our best midfielder both going forward and defending we have DESERVES BETTER.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bill2

Really good players with only a year left can be forceful in negotiations as they can walk when loads of other clubs come info them. Steve S is not in that category so to be fair the Club is in a strong negotiating position. Offer him a year with the option of a second if he is good enough and doesn't get a handful of red cards and he scores more than a dozen goals.

WhiteJC

Jimpav

Sidwell is the best English red haired player that we have. I won't let anybody say otherwise.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamking on November 01, 2013, 10:30:57 AM
Quote from: SimpleTactics on October 31, 2013, 10:20:31 PM

Not a starter?

Jesus Christ. Says a lot, when you see comments saying that stuff about Siddwell. He is, if not the worst, one of the worst midds in the Prem. One of the huge reasons of Fulham bad results, innefective attacking possibilities, less goals (yes it is not Berbatov or Bent;s fault if they dont score goals, it is Siddwell who seriously F.UCK all almost every game). The last pass is the crucial part of the attack. I beg you, please oh please, watch the Fulham games since the beggining of the season, and dont focus on why Berbatov isnt scoring, just focus on how Siddwell is playing. Just that...
Cheers

What a total load of tosh, watch the games, I was at them, were you? Re Sidwell's request for two years, All he is asking to be in line with Parker at the same age so why is that so hard to understand?

The Equalizer

Bit of a mixed bag this one. He's been solid enough this season, but I'd rate him on par with Dickson Etuhu as a player. He's got the heart for it, but not the ability. I think people rate him as a lot better than he is simply because everyone around him has been so crap.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc