watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from ManU

Started by terryr, October 31, 2013, 09:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I wasn't sure I was going to do this this week.
I've been a bit down -hearted as of late given the past week of results. I just wanted to avoid the outpouring of misery we all seem to puke when we have a bad run and results look bleak.
I also know that I often put my foot in in it from time to time ( I grew up in Canada now live in the UK, so sometimes say stupid things like goal tender instead of goal keeper and I feel even worse- the inevitable vitriol is painful)
Actually I just wanted to remember how great it felt post CP....that was good. I will taking my place in the Riverside stand on Saturday and hope for the best.
I'm sure there will be more ManU stuff tomorrow as we get closer and I will update end of play tomorrow night.
049:gif

"De Gea
Rafael Evans Vidic Evra
Carrick Giggs
Nani Rooney Kagawa
RVP​

Think we'll see that line-up.....though I'd start Adnan and drop RVP but he won't be dropped."

"adnan will probably be a unused sub. Would like to see him start away to Sociedad"

"---------- De Gea -----------
Rafael Jones Vidic Fabio
------ Carrick Cleverley ---
Nani --- Kagawa --- Adnan
---------- Rooney -------------

Hernandez, Zaha and hopefully Fletcher to come off the bench."

"De Gea

Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Jones Januzaj

Rooney

RVP​"

"You can spot the Rooney lovers a mile away :D "

"With the dropping of RVP when none of ye wanted to drop Rooney last year when he was playing the same way RVP is now. Even though RVP is still our top goalscorer at the moment."

"I've no idea how we're going to line up. Hernandez deserves to start, as does Januzaj. Where does that leave van Persie and Shinji?

Play them instead of defenders, since our defence is rubbish and mostly pointless anyway.

DDG

Carrick Fellaini

Rafa Rooney Shinji Evra

Nani RVP Januzaj

Hernandez

We'll concede about 6 goals, but it's okay, because we'll score 10, at least."

"3 weeks in a row we've played at 3pm on a Saturday, Sky not interested in us any more then?"

"Didn't you get the memo? We're poo now."

"I know we're poo, still got a lot of fans though."

"The good thing about Fulham is that Sidwell and Parker aren't exactly going to swan through any midfield, even ours."

"Probably the best time to play Fulham we could ask for.

Results have been wobbly, manager under pressure and they have just been beaten by a lower league team in the cup.

Fans will soon get on their backs if we take control early on."

"2 wins, 2 losses and a draw in the last 5. Not too bad when you consider the circumstances of our losses but never been an easy place to go. We've done well since Jol has come in so that bodes well"06/07: 5-1 (H), 2-1 (A)
07/08: 2-0 (H), 3-0 (A)
08/09: 3-0 (H), 4-0 (A) FAC, 0-2 (A)
09/10: 0-3 (A), 3-0 (H)
10/11: 2-2 (A), 2-0 (H)
11/12: 5-0 (A), 1-0 (H)
12/13: 3-2 (H), 1-0 (A)

Not bad, just 2 defeats in the last 7 seasons."

"Remember we had two players sent off, Scholes was one I think... Murphy, the scouse p****, scored and we got spanked.

Think Rooney was the other, nothing but bad memories about Fulham away"

"

"I'm sure I remember Craven Cottage being one of our easiest away fixtures over the last four or five seasons? It's just a vague recollection, so feel free to find the actual results and make me look silly."

"We won 0-5 there not so long ago. I have a good feeling we'll score a few on Saturday too."

"Ugh. Craven Cottage has been tough at the best of times. Not going to be easy at all"

"3pm KO. Sadly we won't have the same entertainment if they do.

For this game I'd go for the jugular again with a forward thinking line up.

DDG
Raf Jones Evans Evra
Fellaini Carrick
Valencia Rooney Januzaj
Hernandez

Hopefully we see something like that, or maybe more as a 4411 with the same players. Hernandez has to keep his place after the last week and sadly that means RvP on the bench. For subs, I'd love to see Fabio, Zaha and Welbeck getting a run out in the league."

"Will the lights go out this time?"

"Fulham are due a result at home to United after being mauled in their last two, but at the same time they are awful and dont look like doing much.

I am backing United to concede as the defence is poor, but as shown in the last two games the attack is great so 1-3.

"I'm quite confident of us winning on Saturday and I can rarely say that with our performances this season or even in the last year or so. Fulham are a poor side and I feel my early prediction of them being a dark horse for relegation this season could be justified.

They are very much a 'form side'. For the most part, I only see them picking up points when they hit of a good vein of form and vice versa; they will struggle to pick up points when things aren't going well. I say that, because they possess far to many 'luxury' or 'confidence players', particularly in attacking areas.

Berbatov, Ruiz, Taarabt and Kasami are very much players that like to play at their own pace and despite being capable of brilliance they are all far too often inconsistent or erratic. Even with Bent, it's as if they are playing with ten men as his hold-up play is non-existent. Jol is possibly trying to counteract having luxury players, by having a gritty, hard-working central midfield with Sidwell and Parker, but it's not working to well.

I'm assuming Berbatov will play as the link-man for Fulham, just off of Bent as he has all season and if that's the case, I am confident our midfield won't struggle much at all, seeing as he doesn't apply any pressure on the opposition or contribute defensively. We shouldn't have much problem coping with Bent despite our defensive frailties, as he is in poor form and it looks like his movement isn't even what it was.

For those reasons, I think we should take the initiative and play a very attacking side. I hope Moyes has the same impetus to attack, as - without being disrespectful - there really isn't anything to fear from Fulham.

de Gea
Rafael - Jones - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Fellaini
Januzaj - Rooney - Kagawa
Hernandez

Subs: Lindegaard, Smalling, Fabio, Cleverley, Valencia, Nani, van Persie"

"ItsEssexRob said: ↑
Fulham are due a result at home to United after being mauled in their last two, but at the same time they are awful and dont look like doing much.

I am backing United to concede as the defence is poor, but as shown in the last two games the attack is great so 1-3.
Berbatov's taken a hammering in the local West London press lately so maybe, if he plays, he'll figure he owes us one."

"Moyes wont have the balls to start Hernandez instead of RVP."

"Something like

Fellaini-Carrick
Nani/Valencia-Kagawa-Januzaj
Rooney

Would be cool"

"We really need to win this as we haven't won twice in a row in the league yet. Hopefully last week's comeback win have rejuvenated the players' desires to win"

"I expect no surprises with the front six: Carrick, Fellaini (who hasn't played in a while), Valencia/Nani, Rooney, Kagawa, RVP. Will be interesting to see the back line, Vidic needs games, Rio won't play IMO, Evans was rested on Tuesday.

Despite Cleverley's and especially Hernandez' showings against Norwich I can't see them starting this one. Hernandez will surely come on though, he deserves game time. Reckon Adnan will come off the bench as well.

3-0 United, first time in ages I'm very confident, we built some momentum recently (unbeaten in six in all competitions) and a win would set us up nicely for the game against Arsenal."

"Fulham are absolute dog poo so I fully expect us to go behind early and struggle to a 1-2 win."

"The way well leave our shakes start behind is by stopping the shakey football. We beat stoke but it was a horrific display. We defended like absolute clowns. We can eek out another result against Fulham and results are important but if we are to really push on it's about getting the football right."

Admin

Thanks once again for this "Fulham are absolute dogturd" Yep, just about sums us up that.

Part of me hopes we beat them now for that comment, but I know defensively we won't keep them out.

Northern Cottager

Mauled in our last two? Didn't they beat us last year 1-0 with an 85 th minute goal after we had god knows how many cleared off the line. No ones scared of Man Utd this season.

Man United have more fans than any club on the planet that haven't seen Old Trafford or even Manchester and as far as support goes watch Match of the Day for their updates. Bunch of cretins on the whole.

terryr

I just post what they say.
I don't edit it.
It hurts.
Yes it does when we don't think we can make them eat it on the day.
It is what it is.
Terry

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Admin on October 31, 2013, 11:04:18 PM
Thanks once again for this "Fulham are absolute dogturd" Yep, just about sums us up that.

Part of me hopes we beat them now for that comment, but I know defensively we won't keep them out.

To be fair right now its hard to deny that we are awful.

Count Berbatov

I try really hard to stay away from United related threads. I am a big fan of Kagawa. Hope to see him play. Janusaj is also something special.
Hope we see a beautiful game of football this weekend

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

The Bronsons

Thanks TerryR, always an interesting read regardless of how painful and accurate some of the comments are.

Twig

Agree, thanks Terry R and we need to be more tolerant of the odd lapse into "Canglish".

Some of their comments aboutr our form may be painful and accurate but despite being firmly in the Jol out camp I desperately want us to spank them senseless.

fulham traveller

easy man utd win, we have the worse manager ever, wish al fayed was here, he would of sacked jol, and got in poyet

jarv

Thanks Terry R. Fulham not playing so well lately but  :kettle pot: good time to play Manu right now as someone on your thread said about Fulham. Ferguson didn't like coming here because we always seem to be able to step things up a bit against you lot from Bournemouth, Cambridge, Hastings etc. :005:

horse1031

Says it all really....

"The good thing about Fulham is that Sidwell and Parker aren't exactly going to swan through any midfield, even ours."

"Probably the best time to play Fulham we could ask for.

Results have been wobbly, manager under pressure and they have just been beaten by a lower league team in the cup.

Fans will soon get on their backs if we take control early on."

Bill2

Quote from: TerryR on October 31, 2013, 09:07:50 PM

To be honest I don't really care what the other team fans are saying about us and what they post on their own website is up to them. So TerryR please don't bother posting any Man U fans views/thoughts on the match.  The only thing I am interested in is what Fulham fans are saying.

Burt

Keep it coming Mr Terry, always interesting to see the view from the opposition regardless of how we are doing.

I don't think there will be too many surprises on Saturday...

SimpleTactics

when one of their usernames is itsessexrob thats all i need to know about the support from United.