watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship team

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, November 01, 2013, 07:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

Ok let's say the worst does happen and we get relegated, would our team be good enough to come back up?

I would see us losing the following players through either being sold or contract expiry.

Kasami, Berbatov ,Bent ,Taarabt ,Ruiz ,Hangeland, Steklenberg, Hughes ,Duff, Riise , Sidwell , Karagounis

That would leave us with something like this

Gk - Stockdale / Etheridge
RB - Reither / Zverotic
CB - Burn / Senderos / Amboreita
LB - Richardson / Briggs
LM - Kaca / Mesca
CM - Parker,  Boateng, David
RM - Dejagah / Mesca
ST - Trotta / Rodallega / Woodrow

Not a bad team on paper, obviously we would need some additions , but I think we would have a very good chance of coming straight back up if we had these sort of players still with us, who could you see leaving in the summer and what chances do you see us having of bouncing straight back?

DukeTyrion

________________ Stockdale _______________

Zverotic ___ Senderos ___ Amborieta ___ Briggs

Dejagah ____ Boateng ___ Kasami ___ Kacaniklic

___________ Rodellega ___ Trotta ___________

Not a disaster of a team, probably enough for the play offs.

jarv

Deano, are you one of the Sidwell bashers? You left him out, that's a bit mean. Championship is probably where he actually belongs but he has been the best player this season. Don't forget 7 defeats at the end of last season when he was out suspended. He was missed. Who knows what will happen if relegated but there should be enough quality left, purchase a few decent championship type players with bags of energy (probably too late and cost too high to get Jordan Rhodes) and good times could return to the cottage.

Deanothefulhamfan

Jarv you won't hear anything negative from me regarding Sidwell. think he has been brilliant this season. Ok him and Parker don't seem to be the best partnership as they are too similar, but he can only do what he can.....

If you check my post again I have Sidwell as one of the players to leave us this summer ( his contract is up )

FFCAli

Remind me what happened last time we played a Championship team.....

grandad

Why don´t you pick a League 1 side & a League 2 side while you are about it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deanothefulhamfan

We outplayed them but ultimately lost.... Different situation completley though in all fairness.

TheManOnTheBus

The two Ks will be off. Quality young players. 

Burt

If we did drop I hope it will give more chance for some of the younger ones we would ordinarily loan out on the basis that they are "not ready for premier league action" the chance to make their mark.

Deanothefulhamfan

+1

I would like to see some youngsters play this season - maybe not the next two games.... but they would at least bring hunger / pace / and determination.

SimpleTactics

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 01, 2013, 12:39:04 PM
We outplayed them but ultimately lost.... Different situation completley though in all fairness.

no we didnt

jarv

Mr. Burt. I agree, in fact, given all the good reports about loanees, it could be very positive getting all those youngsters on the pitch.
It might be fun again going to the cottage. 092.gif

Deanothefulhamfan

Sorry Simple I missed this game, as I was in Macau losing all my money. But I did speak to my friend who went, and also read some match reports which suggested a draw was more than what we deserved.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I think Brede will stay. He's Fulham through in through and does a lot for the club we do not see, he will feel it's right to stay.

-------------------Stockdale
Zverotic---Hangeland-----Senderos----Richardson
Dejagah----Sidwell-----Boateng-----Kacaniklic
------------------Kasami
-----------------Rodallega

That team would comfortably get promoted.