more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League 'swing' 08/09 -> 09/10

Started by ImperialWhite, May 09, 2010, 09:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A67942290

A table based on the difference in points between this season and last season.

1. Tottenham +23pts
2. Man City +21
------------------------
3. Blackburn +13
4. Sunderland +12
------------------------
5. the dark side +7
6. Arsenal +7
7. Stoke +6
8. Aston Villa +6
9. Bolton +2
10. Everton +2
------------------------
11. Hull -1
12. Man Utd -1
13. Fulham -3
14. Wigan -5
------------------------
15. West Ham -12
16. Portsmouth -18
17. Liverpool -19

Interesting. Our league position might look poor compare to last year, but it isn't that Europe has cost us points, it's that everyone else around us has improved. We were only one win away from matching last seasons points tally - we lost so many places cos City and Spurs went crazy, Birmingham weren't crap, and midtable sides like Blackburn/Sunderland also made huge improvements.

Makes me suspect that we won't reach the dizzying heights of European qualification for a little while.

RidgeRider

This IS interesting IW...thanks.

I think our season campaign was compromised by our desire to reach further into the Europa League and our continued success in that tournament, and making it reasonably far into the FA Cup. We have a small side with moderate talent and with all the games, team management did not have the training time to prepare properly for matches in the Prem many weeks, so I don't think our standing in the Prem is indicative of how good a team we are, more likely it had to do with how important the Prem was.

I do agree that the table does clearly show the improvement of Blackburn, Sunderland, Man City and Spurs but Liverpool, Portsmouth and West Ham also went just as far the other way to balance things out. We are a better side than Birmingham, Sunderland and Blackburn on any given week.

I think had we just focused on the Prem, we would have ended up just behind Everton this season if not right with them.

Tom

The only team I care about is Fulham and we were effected by Europa and that is why we were down in points. Nothing to worry or panic about.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

And we had unbeliveably bad luck with injuries.

Tom

Fulham for life!