https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

From where I was sitting

Started by Peabody, November 02, 2013, 06:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Two of the United goals were offside

CanadianCottager

Unfortunately not, Riether and Senderos were caught out by some spectacularly timed runs by Van Persie

Walsh

1 was offside, not too sure about the other one.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Peabody on November 02, 2013, 06:55:22 PM
And the other was a foul! I'm really glad you saw it as it seem that most others are convinced we were just sh@te!

Fulham76

049:gif
Quote from: Peabody on November 02, 2013, 06:55:22 PM

From where I was sitting we looked hopeless, again. Defending was a joke!
We only came to life when the game was dead & burried, (just 22 mins, which is another embarrassment to our club). How we can't be motivated to play Man Utd is beyond me.

HatterDon

I agree, mr. grandad, and we were sitting a LONG way apart.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SP

There's an interesting comparison with RVP yesterday & the disallowed goal by Berbatov vs WBA.  Both decisions were tight but my limited understanding you are either onside or offside, there is no slightly offside, hint of offside or a suspicion of offside.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: SP on November 03, 2013, 01:29:54 PM
There's an interesting comparison with RVP yesterday & the disallowed goal by Berbatov vs WBA.  Both decisions were tight but my limited understanding you are either onside or offside, there is no slightly offside, hint of offside or a suspicion of offside.

Apparently the rules have changed. According to MOTD it is "any part of the body that can score a goal in front of the defensive line" is deemed to be offside. At least when its a Fulham goal.

So for Berbatov, his arm was offside, (although I would have thought if he'd scored with that it would be handball).

With the Man utd goals, they had a lot more than that offside. But as it's Man U, the goals were given.

Nice to see that vain, musclebound, Fulham hating ignoramous, Probert having a good laugh and a joke with Rooney et all.  :031:

049:gif

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Junichi

Usually when I open a Peabody thread, I expect to get a joke, unfortunately the only funny thing is the absolutely shocking refereeing we were subjected to on saturday.

Andy S

Anyone who has run the line in a match would tell you that they would all be difficult to call. Van Persie & co practice these all the time and the speed of these guys is amazing. You would need to be in line with these guys to make an exact decision

jarv

Andy, absolutely right. I have run the line (and refreed) at lower standard games and running the line is really difficult. Requires much concentration (not to watch the game but to watch last defenders)