watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Things to cheer us up

Started by Big Martin Jol, November 02, 2013, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Martin Jol

• We had more shots/shots on target than Man Utd today.
  • Whatever happens tomorrow we're not in the bottom three.
  • Kasami, what a player.
  • Hangeland might be back for next week, leaving us Senderos-less.
  • We're ahead of Mark Hughes' Stoke.
  • We're not Norwich.
  • We still get to play Norwich twice this season.
  • We're averaging a point a match. Thirty eight points might keep us up?

That's all I can think of, feel free to contribute. Don't be a stuck record.

• Jol will be gone in the morning.

That would be an example of being a stuck record.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Travers Barney

We are the whites

RaySmith

I think we were unlucky today- some controversial United goals, along with more dire defending-

and a good penalty shout and some good chances that might have gone in in on another day in the second half, in which we were the far better team - and in which the team showed a very good attitude.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: RaySmith on November 02, 2013, 09:21:09 PM
I think we were unlucky today- some controversial United goals, along with more dire defending-

and a good penalty shout and some good chances that might have gone in in on another day in the second half, in which we were the far better team - and in which the team showed a very good attitude.

At 1-0 when Berba was slotted through we could of changed the whole game... Instead we let them run down the pitch under zero pressure and walk it in.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on November 02, 2013, 07:09:56 PM

Hangeland and Amrborieta cannot play together as they are both left sided centre backs. Odds are Senderos will partner one of them

The Rock

Their second goal was VERY clearly offside. Clearest one I've seen in years. I was watching it, but even without the replay RVP's arm to his shoulder was about a foot offside, as well as his boot and ankle upon replay.

Do arms and legs not count for offsides? I thought it was any body part, but I must be wrong.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rock on November 02, 2013, 10:04:51 PM
Their second goal was VERY clearly offside. Clearest one I've seen in years. I was watching it, but even without the replay RVP's arm to his shoulder was about a foot offside, as well as his boot and ankle upon replay.

Do arms and legs not count for offsides? I thought it was any body part, but I must be wrong.
any part of the body that can legally play the ball, so arms don't count
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

things to cheer me up is surely even jol must see now that we cannot play with a combo of sidwell and parker in the middle

nose

Quote from: Northern Cottager on November 02, 2013, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on November 02, 2013, 09:21:09 PM

At 1-0 when Berba was slotted through we could of changed the whole game... Instead we let them run down the pitch under zero pressure and walk it in.

and we were three on two against their defence and berba turned the wrong way instead of getting the ball into the danger area quickly, like they do.....   berba has been poor this season he needs to be rested for a couple of months

Bassey the warrior

I don't see why Hangeland returning is a positive, he's been woeful, worse than Senderos.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on November 02, 2013, 10:07:42 PM
things to cheer me up is surely even jol must see now that we cannot play with a combo of sidwell and parker in the middle

Don't get your hopes up.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rock on November 02, 2013, 10:04:51 PM

Any body part you can legitimately score with, so not arms but definitely legs. Not seen the goal yet.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Moose on November 02, 2013, 10:12:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 02, 2013, 10:07:42 PM

Don't get your hopes up.
surely he cant persist with this dead horse.

the nutflush

Quote from: DukeTyrion on November 02, 2013, 09:37:09 PM
Quote from: Big Martin Jol on November 02, 2013, 07:09:56 PM

Hangeland and Amrborieta cannot play together as they are both left sided centre backs. Odds are Senderos will partner one of them

If we want to be serious about avoiding relegation we can never play Senderos again.  How many chances to we need to give him?  So hopelessly out of his depth.  Ruiz needs a rest.  We need to see more of Taarabt.