watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Same old Man Utd favouritism

Started by Bassey the warrior, November 03, 2013, 04:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Just seen the game highlights. I was reluctant to watch it for obvious reasons. Defensive errors involved in all three goals, however the errors made by the linesman were far worse. Second goal Van Persie was offside, it was marginal though so whilst I feel they need to get them right I'll forgive him for that. However the third goal was very very clearly offside, there was clear daylight between Van Persie and the last man.
Very very poor and ruined the game really.

SP

:plus one:

The icing on the cake being the commentators summary at the end of the game when he advised the Lino had got all 3 decisions correct.

EJL

Lee Probert couldn't stop laughing and joking with Rooney and a few other United players.

MrProphet

Quote from: EJL on November 03, 2013, 05:31:51 PM
Lee Probert couldn't stop laughing and joking with Rooney and a few other United players.

Probably about our defending

leonffc

Proberts the most anti Fulham ref ever!!

BUT after reading posts yesterday I thought all the goals were dubious.
The first was onside IMO but Berbatov had one chalked off for exactly the same against WBA.
The second Parker ballsed up by slipping / getting caught again and was not fouled.
The third I Thought Reither played him on.
No complaints. We have bigger issues than that cock Probert at the minute

Logicalman

Quote from: leonffc on November 03, 2013, 05:56:50 PM

The first was onside IMO but Berbatov had one chalked off for exactly the same against WBA.
The second Parker ballsed up by slipping / getting caught again and was not fouled.

You must have been watching the same game as I did.  :plus one:

jarv

That picture says it all, what a defensive screw up. My high school girls team hold a better line than that. Seriously.

ffcbulgaria

Ball not yet kicked, Riether moving forward while RVP toward our goal. Close call in any case but if we got one of the 3 decisions in our favour vs WBA like we got all 3 in Man Utds favour yesterday it could have well been a different story so far.

NogoodBoyo

Tony Gale was the assistant commentator on the NBC live screening here in U(N)SA.  In his review of each goal, he did not think Probert got any of the calls wrong.  Unfortunately, I sort of agree with him, although each call was tight as a tick on a dog's arse at the margins.  And I didn't want to believe him either.
Nogood "ticked off, isit" Boyo

Logicalman

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on November 03, 2013, 09:11:54 PM
Ball not yet kicked, Riether moving forward while RVP toward our goal. Close call in any case but if we got one of the 3 decisions in our favour vs WBA like we got all 3 in Man Utds favour yesterday it could have well been a different story so far.

How about this one, the ball has been kicked and is on it's way forwards ....

DJinNJ

The first two were too close to suggest there was any bias at play. I'm still not sure about the first one, the second was probably just barely offside. But when it's that close, I would expect the linesman to let the play go on. Third was onside by a mile due to Riether. (BTW, any supposed bias Probert has against us wouldn't have had any bearing on those calls.) The foul on Parker could have been called as there was contact, but the fact that he also slipped made it look like he brought himself down. Hardly a travesty that he decided to play on.

Deanothefulhamfan

I play right back at the moment, and as a full back you should never be behind your Central defender commanding the line when playing offside. I beleive that is actually a key role when playing full back when you play such a high line.....Both Amboreita and Senderos have actually good positioning in the photo's above - Identical line, and not too much of a gap between each other.

Parker slipped for the second one and ultimately gave them the ball in a very dangerous position.

The first I thought was offside, but in marginal situations like that the attacking team are supposed to get the advantage. If this was the other way round our striker would have been offside, this is just one of the disadvantages of playing a big club, they get the marginal decisions

valdeingruo

Quote from: jarv on November 03, 2013, 08:40:15 PM
That picture says it all, what a defensive screw up. My high school girls team hold a better line than that. Seriously.

Could we invite them over and watch your girls score a few against our first team?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

JBH

The fact is at 1 - 0 down Parker was fouled by the little cheat and Probert played on then there looked also to be an element of off-side in the scoring of the 2nd goal which put us  down, our players rected angrily to both decisions lost concentration and we then went further behind almost immeadiately.

So even though some of it was down to poor defending it was also down to a poor performance by Probert which sadly is not the first occassion we have seen his poor display at the Cottage.  :028:

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Logicalman on November 03, 2013, 06:38:50 PM

You must have been watching the same game as I did.  :plus one:

Fair enough. I didn't notice Riether. Wasn't clear on MOTD.

F(f)CUK

For twenty minutes or so we were made to look like a pub team.  The only debatable goal was the second one and for offside rather than a foul on Parker.  However, this was not clearly offside, and this is just one of those decisions that happen when things are not going for you.

At least we looked better in the second half and the fact that the team did not go off to choruses of Jol out or boos shows that chanting against Jol is actually all about performance rather than results (although linked).

The over-riding message from MoTD was that I want Danny Murphy back in some form of coaching capacity.  I want someone to instill pressing from the front and a team presence.

Logicalman

Has Danny finished and achieved his coaching credentials yet?

David Allen Crankshaw

If we had been the team scoring the goals they would all have been given offside.

Bill2

From my looking at the replays first goal was very marginally offside but I have seen them given. The second was at least a foot offside the lino was blind to miss that one. However, I thought Parker was fouled by Januvic (or whatever he is called) as he was all over Parker. Still what can you expect from Probert, he thought if he allowed man u to get a big enough lead he wouldn't have to send a Fulham player off.

Bill2

Quote from: DJinNJ on November 04, 2013, 02:44:39 AM
The first two were too close to suggest there was any bias at play. I'm still not sure about the first one, the second was probably just barely offside. But when it's that close, I would expect the linesman to let the play go on. Third was onside by a mile due to Riether. (BTW, any supposed bias Probert has against us wouldn't have had any bearing on those calls.) The foul on Parker could have been called as there was contact, but the fact that he also slipped made it look like he brought himself down. Hardly a travesty that he decided to play on.
Very magnanimous I am not sure Ferguson/Wenger or even Moyse would have been so generous had they gone the other way.