watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation odds

Started by The Old Count, November 03, 2013, 08:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Palace and Sunderland remain favourites.  Fulham, Hull and Cardiff are joint third favourites for the drop at Ladbrokes.

I just did a recky on the remaining fixtures and can't see us getting more than 26 additional points.

Will 36 be enough in a competitive Prem this season.  Probably not.

I may be in a pessimistic mood but I am begining to think we are going to be relegated.

Clearly the board don't agree.  I hope they are right.

Admin

Quote from: The Old Count on November 03, 2013, 08:23:15 PM

Palace and Sunderland remain favourites.  Fulham, Hull and Cardiff are joint third favourites for the drop at Ladbrokes.

I just did a recky on the remaining fixtures and can't see us getting more than 26 additional points.

I may be in a pessimistic mood but I am begining to think we are going to be relegated.

There are always the odd games where you pick up points where you least expect to, i.e last season away to WBA and Swansea. Add that 6 to to the 36 you've come up with and we're on 42, which will just about be enough. I understand your concerns, we're pretty dire right now and on paper, look odds on to go down but, I 50/50 at the mo. We've got the quality, it's whether we can turn it around or not.

The Old Count

Quote from: Admin on November 03, 2013, 08:46:07 PM

There are always the odd games where you pick up points where you least expect to, i.e last season away to WBA and Swansea. Add that 6 to to the 36 you've come up with and we're on 42, which will just about be enough. I understand your concerns, we're pretty dire right now and on paper, look odds on to go down but, I 50/50 at the mo. We've got the quality, it's whether we can turn it around or not.

I have, up 'till now, thought we'd just be OK. We've been in relegation form for a year now and badly need an improvement which there is no sign of at the moment.
Realistically, as the weeks go by, it looks worse and worse for us.

Admin

Quote from: The Old Count on November 03, 2013, 08:53:48 PM

I have, up 'till now, thought we'd just be OK. We've been in relegation form for a year now and badly need an improvement which there is no sign of at the moment.

We fell into the bottom 3 under Hughes around about Xmas time if you remember, with a 3-1 loss at home to West Ham. We were dire up until that point so keep the faith.

Logicalman

Quote from: Admin on November 03, 2013, 09:05:56 PM

We fell into the bottom 3 under Hughes around about Xmas time if you remember, with a 3-1 loss at home to West Ham. We were dire up until that point so keep the faith.

So what you're trying to tell us is that Jol will turn it around after xmas?

HatterDon

What people never mention when pointing out the "bottom three after losing to West Ham" is that Hughes had been missing Zamora and Johnson due to injuries. We were depleted in the midfield and in attack due to injuries. This is NOT the situation with Jol.

As soon as Hughes got his strike force back, we moved up the charts to our second highest finish in history. Who is going to come back from injury to take us up to 8th under Jol?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

DJinNJ

I'm guessing you missed Norwich, would be shocked if they weren't third favorite.

Deanothefulhamfan

Palace are gone already in my eyes. That leaves two spots

Sunderland are looking incredibly weak this season, and I fully expect them to go down.

So it is us, norwich, stoke, west ham, cardiff and Villa for the other spot imo. Hull have shown they will have enough to stay up this season

I think Norwich or even west ham are more likely than us. 36 points will probably be enough but it will be ever so close.

The Old Count

Quote from: DJinNJ on November 04, 2013, 02:24:11 AM

I'm guessing you missed Norwich, would be shocked if they weren't third favorite.

The odds were from Saturday.  Norwich were 4th fav to drop.

Roberty

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 04, 2013, 04:08:27 AM
Palace are gone already in my eyes. That leaves two spots

Sunderland are looking incredibly weak this season, and I fully expect them to go down.

So it is us, norwich, stoke, west ham, cardiff and Villa for the other spot imo. Hull have shown they will have enough to stay up this season

I think Norwich or even west ham are more likely than us. 36 points will probably be enough but it will be ever so close.

Clubs seem to have worked out a way to play Swansea and their form has taken a turn for the worse - they also have the distraction of playing in Europe - so maybe they will join the list?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

Quote from: HatterDon on November 04, 2013, 02:22:41 AM

Palace and Sunderland remain favourites.  Fulham, Hull and Cardiff are joint third favourites for the drop at Ladbrokes.

Will 36 be enough in a competitive Prem this season.  Probably not.

Clearly the board don't agree.  I hope they are right.

What people never mention when pointing out the "bottom three after losing to West Ham" is that Hughes had been missing Zamora and Johnson due to injuries. We were depleted in the midfield and in attack due to injuries. This is NOT the situation with Jol.

As soon as Hughes got his strike force back, we moved up the charts to our second highest finish in history. Who is going to come back from injury to take us up to 8th under Jol?

We have not seen much of Hangeland (if he seems to pick up an injury during each international break), Hughes or Dejagah and maybe Taarabt will be fit to play at some point.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Skatzoffc

Palace and Sunderland will drop.
I think Norwich are in a mess. As a result I think Hughton will go before Yol. Depending who they get in they could drop.

Stoke are terrible. I think the crowd will be on Mr Ambition's back before xmas. Cant wait! Lol.

I have a bet on WBA going down and, if they repeat last year's catastrophic 2nd half of the season dip, they will drop too.

Hull are poor & will be down there as well by xmas. Big nose will start to blame everyone from the players to the tea lady once the results dry up.Then he'll be off leaving them for relegation as he always does. Lol

I think we'll be alright, but only just!

049:gif

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

TheManOnTheBus

I think we will be alright.  Showed a much better spirit at least over the last couple of games (Leicester and Man Utd). 

FFC1987

'Hull have shown enough this season to stay up'

I believe people at this stage had confidently said the same about Blackpool so it isn't quite cut and dry yet. Not that I don't disagree but there are plenty of teams who will struggle who we haven't mentioned.

Andy S

Thankfully matches are played on the football pitch and not on paper. There is a lot to play for yet. There is also the factor of teams being safe and not playing to their potential. I don't think we are going to be in that position this season

Furby

I think December will be the biggest telling point of how we'll do. Norwich and Hull after Christmas.

cottage cheese

We can go on about teams being below us and but what's scary is that if we were to play Hull, Aston villa or West ham next week they would beat us...

Sunderland and Palace are down I feel and its between us and Norwich.

jarv

Bookies are right (when setting the odds that is). I think there is a group of about 6 battling it out for what seems to be one relegation spot right now, but Fulham look to be the worst right now.
For me, given that it appears no matter how Fulham perform, Jol will be around for a while yet. I don't see any of the basics getting better.
Plan B.   Survival tactic...buy in January which then begs the question "how much of the owners money will Jol waste next"?

Needs are a good centre back and a pacey striker. There is enough quality in the rest of the squad to do well but as any Sunday league player knows if you don't have a decent centre half and centre forward you are in trouble.

I was hoping Cardiff would lose to Swansea so we might see McKay up for grabs.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: jarv on November 04, 2013, 12:04:05 PM
Bookies are right (when setting the odds that is). I think there is a group of about 6 battling it out for what seems to be one relegation spot right now, but Fulham look to be the worst right now.
For me, given that it appears no matter how Fulham perform, Jol will be around for a while yet. I don't see any of the basics getting better.
Plan B.   Survival tactic...buy in January which then begs the question "how much of the owners money will Jol waste next"?

Needs are a good centre back and a pacey striker. There is enough quality in the rest of the squad to do well but as any Sunday league player knows if you don't have a decent centre half and centre forward you are in trouble.

I was hoping Cardiff would lose to Swansea so we might see McKay up for grabs.

That's a valid point Jarv
I think McKay will be gone soon too.

As we cant agree who we can get in, (out of the dearth that is available), I'd like to see what managers these teams, (ie Cardiff/Norwich), will go for.

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Deanothefulhamfan

FFC 1987.... I have seen them twice this season and In my opinion they are a decent enough side to stay in this division... I have seen a few teams including us who are worse than they are this season. Bruce seem's to have them organised imo