watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just a quick update on Diarra..

Started by Jamie88, November 05, 2013, 09:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie88

I just noticed a couple days ago he has tweeted that he denied any contact from Panathanaikos/other teams and that he is continuing his rehab at the club. Wondering whether people would still welcome him back. Would he make a noticeable difference?

I for one hope we can get him back, for me never made a mistake, was strong and had composure with whatever situation he was in.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Triple the quality of Steve Sidwell. We shouldn't rush him back, but we could do with him ASAP.

Burt

Jamie88

Quote from: Burt on November 05, 2013, 09:44:53 PM
How long is he out for?

He's not listed on physioroom.com...

He won't be on there as he isn't contracted to the club
He played 90 mins for the U21's in Sept but had a 'setback' regarding both his ankle and his knee. The idea was if he could play three full matches in the U21s he would be rewarded with a contract. Unfortunately it just seems he is turning into a bit of a Hargreaves, although I'd still want him back if he could just string a few matches together.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Burt on November 05, 2013, 09:44:53 PM
How long is he out for?

He's not listed on physioroom.com...

I ***THINK*** for a week or two. He had a knock on his ankle playing for the U21s a month or so back, and was placed on a month long rehab schedule. I seem to remember Jol saying he wants Diarra to play 3 games in a row before earning a contract, so I doubt we'll see him this year. Hopefully for the start of 2014.

HatterDon

If he ever comes back -- which is doubtful -- he won't last 180 minutes before he's crocked again. He's a waste of money and a waste of hope.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

Seem to recall reading this past week that we'd ended the working relationship and that there was no contract forthcoming.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Northern Cottager

The last thing we need is Diarra. Quality player but injury prone is an understatement. We seriously don't need another crocked over 30 in our squad.

FFC1987

Quote from: HatterDon on November 05, 2013, 11:51:03 PM
If he ever comes back -- which is doubtful -- he won't last 180 minutes before he's crocked again. He's a waste of money and a waste of hope.

Ruined my dreams :(

David Allen Crankshaw

jelmo

DOnt want himn back in our squad. Have enough over 30's as it is. If he comes back then we are less likely (even though it is a remote possibility as it is) to get a younger replacement in January

God The Mechanic

Quote from: jelmo on November 06, 2013, 02:00:45 PM
DOnt want himn back in our squad. Have enough over 30's as it is. If he comes back then we are less likely (even though it is a remote possibility as it is) to get a younger replacement in January

But when fit he is probably 4/5 levels above any other midfielder in the squad.  Or at least he was before his last bout of injuries.  Why would you not want that?  It's all well and good thinking about the future with the kids and young players, but if there's a guy now that can help not get the team relegated then that's a good thing.

ToodlesMcToot

He was a huge find for us early on. But......I think his body is doing its best to tell him that enough is enough and telling us to look elsewhere.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jelmo

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 06, 2013, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: jelmo on November 06, 2013, 02:00:45 PM

But when fit he is probably 4/5 levels above any other midfielder in the squad.  Or at least he was before his last bout of injuries.  Why would you not want that?  It's all well and good thinking about the future with the kids and young players, but if there's a guy now that can help not get the team relegated then that's a good thing.

because Id rather not watch another past-it has-been represent my team when we already have enough of those already. Especially in midfield. Parker, Karagounis, Sidwell, Boateng and now Diarra... Even if he was a younger player i probably still wouldn't think he was the player we needed as its well known that this team needs a creative influence with pace and energy... Not another DM. We have enough trouble creating chances as it is.

I wouldnt be too surprised if we get Diarra in though as it fits with our policy of spending no money and crushing fans' expectations.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: jelmo on November 06, 2013, 02:32:59 PM
because Id rather not watch another past-it has-been represent my team when we already have enough of those already. Especially in midfield. Parker, Karagounis, Sidwell, Boateng and now Diarra... Even if he was a younger player i probably still wouldn't think he was the player we needed as its well known that this team needs a creative influence with pace and energy... Not another DM. We have enough trouble creating chances as it is.

I wouldnt be too surprised if we get Diarra in though as it fits with our policy of spending no money and crushing fans' expectations.

How is he necessarily a has been?  Just because he's old doesn't mean he can't do a damn good job.  He's younger than the likes of Xavi and Pirlo who are still dominating their respective leagues.  Yes, he's not as good as them and more injury prone, but this is Fulham we're talking about not a Barca or Juve; or Spain or Italy.

Yes it would be great for a young kid to come in and do a great job, but the likelihood of that is slim.  If you have a player of Diarra's ability at your disposal and don't use him then you're insane.

Diarra has the nous, the ability and the desire to drive from midfield.  Something that has been missing since Dembele left.  If he can come in and do that for 6 months while teaching some of the kids and helping them progress to first teamers next year then that's an absolute win.

bigalffc

if fit and willing he would be an upgrade on current incumbents of our shirt
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

filham

In our situation you have to clutch at any straw that is available to you If Diarra could get fit and somehow help  us to achieve seven wins and nine draws from our remaining 28 games then giving him a chance will be worthwhile.

F(f)CUK

I went to the training ground last week in relation to the club's nominated charity for next year and there was someone there who I didn't recognise. I took photos of the day and it has dawned on me that it was Diarra. He had been training with the first team. The bad news is that one of the reasons I didn't recognise him is that he has put on a few pounds. He does not look match fit.

FFC1987

If fit and its a huge IF, he could be the difference in our season in my personal view. Not saying without him we will go down, but he will certainly add something to our current CM woes....and the physio team will be kept busy!