watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland

Started by The Old Count, November 07, 2013, 08:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

I know it was against a less strong Southampton but Sunderland passed the ball around and moved it forward quite well.

It's a bit worrying as they seem to be improving.  Weren't they supposed to be one of the 6 or 7 clubs 'worse than us'?

And isn't it a pity when you feel you have to look at other team's deficiencies rather than our own strengths when trying to make a judgement on whether we will stay up or not.

epsomraver

FFC1987

Quote from: The Old Count on November 07, 2013, 08:39:54 AM

I know it was against a less strong Southampton but Sunderland passed the ball around and moved it forward quite well.

It's a bit worrying as they seem to be improving.  Weren't they supposed to be one of the 6 or 7 clubs 'worse than us'?

And isn't it a pity when you feel you have to look at other team's deficiencies rather than our own strengths when trying to make a judgement on whether we will stay up or not.

I'm sure people looked at the Palace result and said something quite similar.

The Old Count

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2013, 11:17:42 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on November 07, 2013, 08:39:54 AM

I'm sure people looked at the Palace result and said something quite similar.

I was referring to how they played rather than the result. 
The Palace result flattered us as did the win at Sunderland for that matter.

Deanothefulhamfan

082.gifSouthampton made 10 changes for yesterday, Think about our performance against a weakened Everton side. We played good football but it doesn't mean we are a good footballing side

Sunderland have still lot's to do to before people say they are improving imo. 3 points from 9 Since Poyet took over

nose

and after the game gus Poyet was very clear in what needed to be done to achieve success and how he was going to achieve that. Watch sunderland improve!
We lost the chance to take on a top manager in favour of keeping a really poor one.

The Old Count

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 07, 2013, 11:54:17 AM
082.gifSouthampton made 10 changes for yesterday, Think about our performance against a weakened Everton side. We played good football but it doesn't mean we are a good footballing side

Sunderland have still lot's to do to before people say they are improving imo. 3 points from 9 Since Poyet took over

Three points from nine is a point a game.  Better than we've managed in the last year.

Deanothefulhamfan

Not enough to stay up though TOC

Burt

Looks like we will be joining them on the way down then  :dft011:

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Showing why I wanted Gus Poyet here. Although they do have the players to pull off that kind of football, they have a nice bunch of central midfielders in Seb Larsson, Ki Sung Yeung, Jack Colback, Craig Gardner. They also have nice width in their side with Adam Johnson and Emanuele Giaccherini.

To be fair, their squad is pretty much suited to Gus Poyet with the style of players at his disposal.

FFC1987

Quote from: nose on November 07, 2013, 12:16:11 PM
and after the game gus Poyet was very clear in what needed to be done to achieve success and how he was going to achieve that. Watch sunderland improve!
We lost the chance to take on a top manager in favour of keeping a really poor one.

Let's forget about the farce of a performance when they went down to 9 men by half time. Let's wait a little before we find a saviour out of Poyet, egg on face moments are probable to occur here.

Quote from: The Old Count on November 07, 2013, 12:18:45 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 07, 2013, 11:54:17 AM

Three points from nine is a point a game.  Better than we've managed in the last year.

We could argue that looking at our last 4 league games we got 6 from 12... 10 points from 30 is how many points per game?

Burt

Current form (typically looked over a 6 game cycle) shows 6 points from 6 games... Two wins, four losses.

FFC1987

Quote from: Burt on November 07, 2013, 12:37:08 PM
Current form (typically looked over a 6 game cycle) shows 6 points from 6 games... Two wins, four losses.

So its correct in asserting that Sunderlands 3/9 is something we have failed to do in the past year..... Maybe being pedantic here but its again throwing incorrect statements out there for the inclination to be negative.

Twig

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 07, 2013, 12:46:38 PM
Quote from: Burt on November 07, 2013, 12:37:08 PM

So its correct in asserting that Sunderlands 3/9 is something we have failed to do in the past year..... Maybe being pedantic here but its again throwing incorrect statements

So please give me just one inclination to be positive?

FFC1987

I'm not asking people to be positive, just don't be overly negative using incorrect information. It paints a better picture for Jol+ arguments which ultimately contradicts the point you were trying to make.