News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First game in years I'm not looking forward 2!

Started by JIMMY D, November 07, 2013, 09:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

Sad that I don't really care about this Liverpool game. What has happened to me? Don't even want to waste my time watching the game. And it's not about winning or loosing. It's about the team not playing with heart... Sad year to be a Fulham fan. Hope they play with tempo and guts.

Admin

I have supported Fulham through thick and thin over the years, going back to the dark old days of Torquay, well my first ever game was Newport County at home, 83-84ish?? I was 7.

Anyway, been up and down the country smashed 5-2 at Burnley, 4-1 at Northampton in the cup, the pain of missing out on promotion through the playoffs at the hands of Bristol Rovers, but at the same time had some really, really good special times with Fulham.

Like above, it's the attitude that's getting to me. Not that I don't care, I do, but it's breaks my heart to watch that team put in zero effort week after week. I personally can't stand Martin Jol, and what he has done to that squad is criminal.

I went away to Chelsea because I had to meet family, but I too have also stopped going, not because I don't care, but because it's pains me to see what I'm seeing.

I used to look forward to Saturday's, win lose or draw but these days it just seems to be dross after dross, after dross.

S & S running at Senderos is not going to be fun and something I will not be following on Saturday.

nose

Oh dear!
No matter how poor we were in a previous match and how much i critises the players/manager I always look forward to the next game, begrudge the international break and close season and am sufficiently foolishly optimistic we will be invincible in the next game as KO approaches.

Never don't look forward to the next one, even if you worry for our welfare.

Admin

Quote from: nose on November 07, 2013, 10:39:36 PM
Oh dear!
No matter how poor we were in a previous match and how much i critises the players/manager I always look forward to the next game, begrudge the international break and close season and am sufficiently foolishly optimistic we will be invincible in the next game as KO approaches.

Come on Nose, so you're telling me that you're looking forward to Saturdays game against Liverpool, with the Premier Leagues most 2 inform strikers running at Senderos & Co? Previous years we used to just pick ourselves up after a defeat, dust ourselves off and just got on with it. Even if it was United or Liverpool, we'd still fight to the death, or at least take it to them. These day's, games like this are lost before we even turn up.   

Aaron

Wish I had your optimism Nose.. I sadly won't be watching and have Sturridge as captain in my fantasy team.

I can't bring myself to watch again while that prat is in charge.

Matt Inglis

Beforehand with games like this, after a few terrible results.. I would think to myself: "we'll probably nab a point, it's the fulhamish thing to do"
I don't think that at all now. I'm looking forward to the match, but I'm not expecting anything
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

JIMMY D

fulham traveller

Northampton in the cup

I thought we lost 3-1 not 4-1 when terry angus played for them

Admin

Quote from: fulham traveller on November 07, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Northampton in the cup

I thought we lost 3-1 not 4-1 when terry angus played for them

You could be right, it was at their old ground with the cricket ground to the left. They were a division below at the time I think, and the team were booed when they came up to clap the away fans. Farrell got our only goal I think.

PokerMatt

I have to admit I feel the same way.

We used to go into games against the likes of Liverpool and United with nothing to lose - nothing's changed there of course - but knowing that we'd give it a damn good go and on our day could get a result.

Now, I don't even expect us to give it a go. I fully expect us to get utterly drubbed on Saturday and, yes, I'd rather not watch it if I have the choice. Why would Saturday be any different to last week?

I hate that I feel like this. Never in my Fulham supporting life have I actively chosen to do something other than watch the game, but now it just feels like a waste of two hours if I do.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Admin

Blimey that was bad day, I remember then celebrating as if they'd just knocked out United or something  fp.gif Great video KCat, brings back some memories that.

nose

Quote from: Admin on November 07, 2013, 10:52:14 PM
Quote from: nose on November 07, 2013, 10:39:36 PM
Oh dear!

Come on Nose, so you're telling me that you're looking forward to Saturdays game against Liverpool, with the Premier Leagues most 2 inform strikers running at Senderos & Co? Previous years we used to just pick ourselves up after a defeat, dust ourselves off and just got on with it. Even if it was United or Liverpool, we'd still fight to the death, or at least take it to them. These day's, games like this are lost before we even turn up.  

i look forward to every game.... even though my head says we will get a right, royal spanking, my heart says, we can do it despite everything!  
I guarantee you i am looking forward to the game as i do every game.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I was looking for something else  a game I remember .......................and found it  065.gif
have to say my something else is far better than what you are talking about

Someone tried to convince me that Chelsea never played in red ........................I have just won £20.00 and I will enjoy collectiong it .....as it is from a Spurt  064.gif

cheer yourselves up guys !!!!

Fulham v Chelsea 1975

Logicalman

Quote from: nose on November 07, 2013, 11:47:47 PM
i look forward to every game.... even though my head says we will get a right, royal spanking, my heart says, we can do it despite everything!  
I guarantee you i am looking forward to the game as i do every game.

Totally agree there nose.

I watch every game, I shout and curse, I get depressed when we play as we have been, because I want us to do so much more and better. But when game day comes around, my day is organized so that I can sit down and watch the game, Fulham shirt on, beer in hand.

Nothing will wane my want to watch the lads play, even last week when I knew we were in for a thumping, I still had that little bit of anticipation, and hope when the whistle sounded, and, like every other time, I shout "Come On You Whites" as the game kicked off.

Everyone to their own I guess.

JDH101

Quote from: Admin on November 07, 2013, 10:31:07 PM
I have supported Fulham through thick and thin over the years, going back to the dark old days of Torquay, well my first ever game was Newport County at home, 83-84ish?? I was 7.

Anyway, been up and down the country smashed 5-2 at Burnley, 4-1 at Northampton in the cup, the pain of missing out on promotion through the playoffs at the hands of Bristol Rovers, but at the same time had some really, really good special times with Fulham.

Like above, it's the attitude that's getting to me. Not that I don't care, I do, but it's breaks my heart to watch that team put in zero effort week after week. I personally can't stand Martin Jol, and what he has done to that squad is criminal.

I went away to Chelsea because I had to meet family, but I too have also stopped going, not because I don't care, but because it's pains me to see what I'm seeing.

I used to look forward to Saturday's, win lose or draw but these days it just seems to be dross after dross, after dross.

S & S running at Senderos is not going to be fun and something I will not be following on Saturday.

I remember calling up clubline for updates on the Burnley game. Didn't we go a goal up and had something like 15 corners? I remember Don McKay or whichever muppet was in charge back then, on the end of season video saying how unlucky we were to lose, even though we lost 5-2!!!

premFlem

I think the vast majority on this messageboard at least have lost confidence in Jol and therefore Fulham.  I look forward to the day hopefully sooner than later that confidence returns.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: JIMMY D on November 07, 2013, 09:32:03 PM
Sad that I don't really care about this Liverpool game. What has happened to me? Don't even want to waste my time watching the game. And it's not about winning or loosing. It's about the team not playing with heart... Sad year to be a Fulham fan. Hope they play with tempo and guts.

I was going to start a thread like this myself.

I don't get to craven cottage much now because i live overseas. But even watching all games on tv was something i looked forward. This week though i may not bother tuning in, not because we may lose, but because the standard of our football and lack of effort is depressing and far from entertaining.

Oakeshott

"I personally can't stand Martin Jol, and what he has done to that squad is criminal."

Admin.

Spot on. The man is both incompetent and destructive. But one day he will go, and hope (which, rather than expectation, is what has always been the essence of being a Fulham supporter) will be re-born.

Some here argue for Jol on the basis of who else is there? My answer is (almost) anyone else, because the day someone else takes charge is the day when we can once again have hope for the future. Imagine the change in atmosphere if, for example, Danny Murphy was in charge for our next home game, and Jol just a bad memory!

cottage cheese

Going to the rugby so like a few Im not even going to bother checking my phone. A few years ago I would have been sat on my mobile updating it like mad.

will assume another woeful performance and maybe 1 shot on goal for us. Sad times that I just dont care anymore...