watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hoddle

Started by JDH101, November 09, 2013, 05:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

Was replying to another post about who could come in and do better than Jol and I suggested Hoddle. The more I think about it the more I think he would be the perfect fit for us, and us the perfect fit for him. So I wanted to start a thread on it.

I think in the short term he would install some confidence in the senior squad, I'm sure he would be able to bring in a gem or two in January and long term, I think he could bring on our very good youth team prospects and get the best out of them in the senior team.

I always like it when a Manager has taken some time away from management to study the game. Tigana did it before he joined us, I feel like Woy too but I am not 100% sure about that last one. They are able to put things in perspective, scout players around the world and work on their coaching and tactics.

I honestly thing Hoddle could come in and do a similar job Woy did for us. Save us from relegation then kick on and become a top 10 team, making the Cottage a fortress again.

Thats my two cents. I'm bored of replying about how bad we are under Jol. This post made me feel good!

win-dup

Quote from: JDH101 on November 09, 2013, 05:48:57 PM
Was replying to another post about who could come in and do better than Jol and I suggested Hoddle. The more I think about it the more I think he would be the perfect fit for us, and us the perfect fit for him. So I wanted to start a thread on it.

I think in the short term he would install some confidence in the senior squad, I'm sure he would be able to bring in a gem or two in January and long term, I think he could bring on our very good youth team prospects and get the best out of them in the senior team.

I always like it when a Manager has taken some time away from management to study the game. Tigana did it before he joined us, I feel like Woy too but I am not 100% sure about that last one. They are able to put things in perspective, scout players around the world and work on their coaching and tactics.

I honestly thing Hoddle could come in and do a similar job Woy did for us. Save us from relegation then kick on and become a top 10 team, making the Cottage a fortress again.

Thats my two cents. I'm bored of replying about how bad we are under Jol. This post made me feel good!

I'd settle for Hoddle's mum.

Fulham Tup North

093.gif  I would be surprised if enough people would forgive him for his comments on the Disabled.
Or did that just get swept under the turf?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

JDH101

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on November 09, 2013, 05:51:13 PM
093.gif  I would be surprised if enough people would forgive him for his comments on the Disabled.

People forget the moment you win football games. That was a long time ago. We'e all made mistakes. Martin Jol more than others ; )

Nero

Quote from: JDH101 on November 09, 2013, 05:52:51 PM
093.gif  I would be surprised if enough people would forgive him for his comments on the Disabled.

People forget the moment you win football games. That was a long time ago. We'e all made mistakes. Martin Jol more than others ; )

The FA don't seem bothered

Fulham76

Quote from: JDH101 on November 09, 2013, 05:48:57 PM

I'd prefer Ronald McDonald to Jol, but Hoddle isn't a bad shout.

Pluto

Lets go all out to get him in. A decent technical coach is exactly what we need and he'd bring a good coaching team with him too. Couldn't give a monkeys about a couple of poorly worded comments he made 13 years ago and has since apologised for. The FA have forgiven him so let's let bygones be bygones. I'm more worried about the comments Jol serves up every week to be honest.

Furby

I'd rather listen to Hoddle and Waddle's 'Diamond Nights' than hear another word from Jol.

chiefo

Not a bad shout and agreed about being bored about how bad we are under Jol.

chiefo

Another thing, how ironic if it is Hoddle following Jols comments last week about Bryan. Would at least get better out of him I would hope.

The Old Count

YES YES YES.

Hoddle would be ideal. Get him in now.

And I'm the one who received a right royal slagging off for suggesting Steve Clarke before we hired the present incumbent.

Vermeer

Hoddle would be a great appointment with his tactical nous and classy confidence, he strikes me as a very perceptive bloke. Would he need an assistant who shakes a fist and shouts~ a down to earth motivator, in contrast to Hoddle's elegant vision? Maybe someone like Holloway ~ not Holloway as such but someone like him. Would that be a combination to take us forward?

Fulhampete

Hoddle has been left behind. Football has moved on since his day. Even at his height he was very limited. Surely some of the things he has said indicate how lacking in intelligence the man is, being compared with Ruiz can hardly help his cause.

kevinhudson

After the terrible Cardiff home game, I had a few pints with some Fulham pals and we all discussed Jol in/out situation. I told them my ideal management would be Hoddle manager with Stuart Pearce as his number 2. I am sticking with that. Its been a long time since we played any decent football and time for a change.

Burt

Welcome to the board Kevin...

Whilst not disputing his vision and love for football "how it should be played", I am not sure about the Glenn Hoddle thing. His work has been increasingly with academy arrangements, he has not managed a professional team for years now.

DukeTyrion

Hoddle is weird, I would rather have players practicing before a match, rather than going to some voodoo fortune teller.

There are many many great managers out there, but I think the days of Hoddle being one of them has long gone.

epsomraver

093.gif  I would be surprised if enough people would forgive him for his comments on the Disabled.

He didn't make the comments, get your fact straight

nose

no to hoddle and his whinning croaky voice. he would match jol for ineptitude.

before england hoddle was excellent during and after a disaster.

The Old Count

At the world cup we were cheated out of the Argentina match by a dodgy ref.  we had beaten France well in Paris just before the tournament. We were quite unlucky not to at least reach the final.

Had Hoddle stayed we would most likely have kicked on.

Arsene Wenger rated him as one of the best young managers.

Not only does he work with his academies but he also advises a couple of Spanish teams on coaching.

How bad can he be for us.  He is brilliant at getting the best out of players. Hoddle with Pearce or Murphy.

Hey, but what do I know.  I never wanted Jol and got a right slagging for it at the time.

bog