watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol: Betting Sack Race Suspended

Started by supersimmo123, November 09, 2013, 08:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Unfortunately I fear this is because the bookies are more intelligent that our board..

I fear he's going to be here after the international break, I so.. sooooooo hope I'm wrong though.

Matt Inglis

False hope I suppose. Simply many football fans recognising what Khan should do right now. Doesn't mean Khan sees it sadly.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

ron

Admin

Sky Bet make Jol 2/5 from 5/6 to leave Craven Cottage after another lifeless display left his side hovering perilously close to the relegation zone.

The firm's Chris Spicer said: "Owner Shahid Kahn has made very few changes to Fulham since his acquisition of the London club and he is likely to be growing tired of a dire set of performances by the first team."

the nutflush

Im starting to see tweets that say so. Nothing on official news sites yet. Anyone know something?

ross_bamping

Don't ever say that, until concrete. You got me happy there.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Burt

Not the most reliable of sources, that Twitter thingy.

Haven't seen anything official or through the slighly more reliable news media.

Although I just spotted this in the Metro, posted an hour ago:

Just what does Martin Jol need to do to get sacked by Fulham?

By most people's standards, he'd have been ousted a while ago, and by the patient person's standard, the 4-3 defeat to Leicester City would have been his last with the club.

But no, Jol has had the good fortune to reign over two further losses, two further gutless performances, two further displays of utterly embarrassing proportions.

Jol being Jol, though, he has the good humour to carry on through the strain.

It was put to him, post Liverpool, that his side concede an unnatural amount of goals from set pieces. His witty retort? We don't concede them in training.

The only problem there is, of course, he isn't joking. That is his genuine response to what is, let's face it, an ever concerning problem with our defence.

It doesn't stop there, though. The excuses continue to reel off his tongue, as if he is missing the part of his brain that tries its darnedest to avoid humiliation.

'It's not the end of the world,' he said, as though his team's ineptitude really didn't matter. 'On the ball we looked okay for the first 20 minutes,' he continued.

It would be funny if it weren't all so real.

Yet, it is, and nothing is being done about it. There is no word, not even a whisper, that Jol's job is under any kind of threat. But why? What has he done to deserve such inerrable backing?

He's resided over the steepest regression the club has endured since Lawrie Sanchez.

We were frequent visitors to the top half before he arrived, capable of holding our own against the bigger boys – the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United, both of whom have breezed past us at a canter over the last two weeks – and now we are relegation fodder. Incapable of scraping together a decent performance that can last a full 90 minutes.

I can plea all I want with Shahid Khan, though, and it will get me nowhere.

We will just have to put up with it a little longer.

Lewis J

We do need Khan to shoot the trigger on Jol . Every owner likes to hire their own manager

fulhamphil

Stop beating yourselves up Fulham fans. The madness of 'King Martin' is coming to an end. Joe Bernstein goes big in the MoS saying Jol is set for a crisis showdown with Khan. Had this come from any of the comics like the Star or People you could take it with a pinch of salt, but Bernstein is one of the longest serving hacks in the game.

Never like making rash predictions but tweeted at HT sit back for Jol's final 45 minutes in charge. The current espn blog posted early Sat evening http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/fulham?cc=5739
spells out the only option open to Khan. Look out Swansea and beware the 'dead cat bounce.' Kit Symonds will be in charge for the next game with a new boss installed by early December.

Martin Jol, your career in top flight football management is over!   :hook:

RidgeRider

Quote from: fulhamphil on November 10, 2013, 12:55:37 AM
Stop beating yourselves up Fulham fans. The madness of 'King Martin' is coming to an end. Joe Bernstein goes big in the MoS saying Jol is set for a crisis showdown with Khan. Had this come from any of the comics like the Star or People you could take it with a pinch of salt, but Bernstein is one of the longest serving hacks in the game.

Never like making rash predictions but tweeted at HT sit back for Jol's final 45 minutes in charge. The current espn blog posted early Sat evening http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/fulham?cc=5739
spells out the only option open to Khan. Look out Swansea and beware the 'dead cat bounce.' Kit Symonds will be in charge for the next game with a new boss installed by early December.

Martin Jol, your career in top flight football management is over!   :hook:

Well done  065.gif

JIMMY D

No joke how is he not sacked today. What are you waiting for Mr  051

Danitar

Monday morning that's what they're waiting for.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Danitar on November 10, 2013, 08:31:57 AM
Not according to the BBC this morning. His job is not under imminent threat and we are targeting the 'lesser' clubs to get points. That's ok, since we did a great job against Burton and Leicester......
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

supersimmo123

He won't get sacked until after the Wet Spam game

the nutflush

Quote from: Artful Dodger on November 10, 2013, 09:19:59 AM
Quote from: Danitar on November 10, 2013, 08:31:57 AM
Not according to the BBC this morning. His job is not under imminent threat and we are targeting the 'lesser' clubs to get points. That's ok, since we did a great job against Burton and Leicester......

Wow so we are waiting for Palace and Sunderland to visit us?  Well thats six points.  That puts us on 16.  I thought Martin's ambitious target was 40?  Please....

fp.gif

Berserker

What Jol says to the BBC doesn't necessarily mean what is going to happen.

Sent from my GT-I9505
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Berserker on November 10, 2013, 09:36:14 AM

Sent from my GT-I9505
That's true, the chances of getting points against the lesser teams is only marginally more than against the better teams. And as there are only 2 or 3 teams below us, what does that make us??
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Berserker

Quote from: Artful Dodger on November 10, 2013, 09:39:57 AM
Quote from: Berserker on November 10, 2013, 09:36:14 AM

Sent from my GT-I9505
That's true, the chances of getting points against the lesser teams is only marginally more than against the better teams. And as there are only 2 or 3 teams below us, what does that make us??

Relegated : (

Sent from my GT-I9505
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.