watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How good is Stekelenburg

Started by The Swan, November 09, 2013, 10:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

In the five games he has played (four league and one cup) he has conceded fourteen goals. I am not saying that he was at fault for all of them but could Stockdale have done any better.
The Swan

the nutflush

If it wasnt for Steks saves today we would have lost about 9 -0.  Our heavy losses are nothing to do with our keeper. 

SP

Wouldn't surprise me is Steke requested a transfer in January. Who could blame him?

the nutflush

He looked thoroughly pissed off with the defence after the second goal went in.  I cant imagine how he felt after Richardson gifted them the fourth. 

PaulJ123

He was very impressive today, his handling is a lot better than Stockdale. Deserves a better back 4 really

God The Mechanic

Thought he was a shining light today, way above anyone else's performance.  Which is damning really.

btings

It's impossible to say because he is getting zero help from anywhere.

ross_bamping

Probably saying to Suarez, 'get me away from this dump'. If Stock was in goal for the last 4 games, god knows how many.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Lewis J

He's definity Fulham's and Hollands number one GK. When you have the likes of Senderos and Richardson in defence . It doesn't fill the Gk up in confidence . Hangeland and Reither are big misses . Need them back ASAP 

bill taylors apprentice

If you have any doubts about him because of the goals conceded you are barking up the wrong tree

JDH101

He's probably our best player. Other than Ruiz obviously... ;)

Enter the Frei

played 6 games hasn't he? And conceded 1 goal in the first 2 didn't he? Probably our MOTM in 3 of the games he's played as well.

The only game where I'd argue he made mistakes was Leicster other than that he was arguably our MOTM against Liverpool, Sunderland and Southampton.

the nutflush

We would never have beaten Sunderland without him.  So theres three points right there.  Him and Kasami have been the only ones to show anything this season.  The rest you can raffle. 

HatterDon

well, someone on here was blaming Stockdale for us having the highest number of shots against us. I wonder what he'd make of Liverpool getting 32 shots at us today

For the record, I thought Stek was excellent today and absolute crap against United.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on November 10, 2013, 04:17:03 AM

well, someone on here was blaming Stockdale for us having the highest number of shots against us. I wonder what he'd make of Liverpool getting 32 shots at us today

For the record, I thought Stek was excellent today and absolute crap against United.

Perfectly put.

Deanothefulhamfan

Steklenberg has had two decent games imo and that was yesterday,and sunderland not seen anything to suggest he is better than stockdale, we have conceded considerably more goals with Steklenberg in goal as well.... Our defence looks more unorganised than ever though so quite hard to judge really.

MJG

Did well yesterday and is a good GK. But I dont think having him or Stockdale in goal makes a jot of difference result wise at the moment.
I still think that 5M on a GK when Jol had a limited budget and Stockdale at the club was a waste of resources which could have been better used elsewhere. Similar to the way Jol is pissing away 5-6M on two one year loans who did not kick a ball yesterday.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MJG on November 10, 2013, 07:49:03 AM
Similar to the way Jol is pissing away 5-6M on two one year loans who did not kick a ball yesterday.

Who would/could you have bought for £5-6million though?  Including wages...

MJG

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 10, 2013, 07:58:56 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 10, 2013, 07:49:03 AM
Similar to the way Jol is pissing away 5-6M on two one year loans who did not kick a ball yesterday.

Who would/could you have bought for £5-6million though?  Including wages...
I would have tartgeted one key player who was going to be 100% starter if it had to be a loan. My preference would have been 2-3M on a younger player who we could sell in  the future. Before you say it they are out there, you just need to scout a bit harder than ex players or the ex club you managed.

Riverside

Quote from: PaulJ123 on November 09, 2013, 10:55:44 PM
He was very impressive today, his handling is a lot better than Stockdale. Deserves a better back 4 really

Deserves a back 4 ! He has had one in the last 2 games .