watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

dembele

Started by stokesy, November 09, 2013, 10:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokesy

Manchester united interested in signing Fulham wonder kid mousa dembele and he cant get a game with us

Max Headroom

He is just turned 17...... He has been playing with the under 21s for less than a month...... A bit of patience

the nutflush

We will sell him to someone before he plays in the first team...unless we get a new manager with a bit of vision.

Max Headroom

I think u may be right..... And there is Roberts coming up behind too!

Danitar

A load of rubbish considering Fulham u21 have played man utd not so long ago. I think someone's trying to add 2+2 and actually coming out with 5. A non starter for me, as long as the boy is getting playing time he should be happy. And face it if we go down at least he would probably start for us next season as our current squad will all be long gone

the nutflush

Quote from: Max Headroom on November 09, 2013, 11:07:40 PM
I think u may be right..... And there is Roberts coming up behind too!

He looks very talented.  Not the sort of player Martin wants at Fulham.  Get rid of him immediately Martin.  

Burt

From David Kidd at the Sunday People, who knows his stuff...

Manchester United are on the trail of teenage Fulham sensation Moussa Dembele – after he scored a wonder goal against their Under-21 side, write Dave Kidd and Tom Hopkinson in the Sunday People.

Dembele, the 17-year-old almost-namesake of the former Fulham star now playing at Tottenham, chose the ideal time to impress  the champions' top brass last month.

David Moyes' No.2 Steve Round was at the Under-21 match at Craven Cottage to witness Darren Fletcher's latest comeback from illness – and he saw Dembele turn in a hugely impressive display in a 2-2 draw.

Phil Neville and Nicky Butt were also present and gave glowing references on the youngster to Moyes.

United scouts have been following the pacey France youth international forward ever since.

Dembele was snapped up from Paris Saint-Germain's academy last year in a coup for the west Londoners' youth system and is on a pro contract, meaning United would need to pay a significant transfer fee to nab him.

Several Football League clubs have enquired about taking Dembele on loan, but Fulham believe he could soon be in Martin Jol's first-team squad.

United are also among a number of sides monitoring the progress of highly-rated 20-year-old Oldham defender James Tarkowski.

And they are keeping tabs on Mexico youngster Ivan Ochoa, who played in Friday's Under-17 World Cup Final loss to Nigeria.

cmg

Progress. It was Crewe this morning. Next stop...Carlisle.

King_Crud

Quote from: stokesy on November 09, 2013, 10:59:50 PM
Manchester united interested in signing Fulham wonder kid mousa dembele and he cant get a game with us

and he'd be a starter at Man U?

Logicalman

Quote from: King_Crud on November 10, 2013, 12:43:16 AM

Probably in the U21s, so where's the change then?

King_Crud

Quote from: Logicalman on November 10, 2013, 12:46:15 AM
Quote from: King_Crud on November 10, 2013, 12:43:16 AM

Probably in the U21s, so where's the change then?

exactly, I don't get the point of the original post of this thread

Logicalman

I agree to a point. The news that United are interested is right, but the apparent anti-Jol comment at the end tends to spoil the news, or perhaps he believes he should be in the full squad perhaps?

Arthur

Let's not forget why Dembele's here: he left PSG because he felt that his chances of breaking into the starting XI would be curtailed at such a high-profile club.

It would require a change in his thinking to want to join Manchester United. With us, ahead of him, basically, he has Berbatov (gone at the end of this season), Bent (on loan - unlikely to be signed permanently) and Rodallega; at Old Trafford, there would be RVP, Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez with whom he'd currently have to compete. He will surely conclude that first-team opportunities over the next few seasons are likely to arrive sooner and be more frequent here.

Indeed, whilst it's true that most 17-year olds are not ready to play in the PL, this is largely owing to their not being physically able to cope. Dembele looks as if he might be an exception to this rule. Jol's persistence with Berbatov has contributed significantly to his current perilous position; if we have a new man at the helm, he may decide that our options in attack are so limited as to throw in Dembele sooner rather than later.

MJG

You also have Trotta and Woodrow in front of him as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Arthur

In terms of being older, yes. However, neither has yet to prove that they are PL standard (whereas the three aforementioned strikers have). There is no compulsion on the Club to offer Trotta or Woodrow a shot at the first-team ahead of Dembele on the basis of this.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Manchester United will be looking at him, but that's standard to be that good and that dominant than Marcello Trotta. I don't think he'd leave to a team where the chances of him breaking through is lesser than here and I don't think we'd sell him; when in a few years he could be worth multimillions.

There were stories about Patrick Roberts last year but alas, he's still here and set to sign professional terms. It's a non-story as in that he won't leave, but they will be looking, but that comes from having one of the most talented 17 year old strikers in the world.

NogoodBoyo

Didn't that nice FOFER who bumped into Mackintosh report that the Fulham management rate Roberts ahead of Dembele?
Nogood "asking but what does Mackintosh know, isit" Boyo
P.S. Sorry, Logic - it just slipped out like.

the nutflush

I just read that Liverpool are interested as well.  Brendan Rodgers lining up a January bid.  Just sayin...

FFC1987

Love the thought process that if Jol stays, we have extremely talented youngsters who will either leave or simply not play....EVER.

I don't rate Jol at the moment but come on, let's be rational. As others have pointed out, (Dembele)he's getting good game time and progressing well at a comfortable pace, not being forced into things.

Why would he want to leave us when we have no strikers who realistically will stay long term apart from Trotta and Woodrow. Would you join the likes of Man United or Liverpool when you see the likes of Rooney, Hernandez, Sturridge and Suarez in front of you, and thats not including the fringe players. He's commented on being happy with us so let's not worry too much.

I can't help but think people will blame Jol for absolutely anything.

God The Mechanic

"Bordeaux adopted a llama called Serge, who was taken on a tram ride around the city by a group of men who had just left a nightclub, as their mascot for their match against Nantes."

It's a slow news day, I really wouldn't put too much weight on one story.  Hell, Josh Pritchard is mentioned in the BBCs gossip column.