more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dont Panic 09 November 2013

Started by Dave s, November 10, 2013, 12:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave s

Hi All,

Theres been a lot of negative vibes and talk about Martin Jol lately. I think its time to get behind him and the team.

Its easy to say yeah lets sack him and get some new players in. Yeah but who? look at Sunderland, look at Palace. Lets be honest, they're gone. SAF couldn't keep them up! Who's going to want to leave a bigger club and join us?

If we all get behind them we could stay up at least.

Our no1 goal now is to hang in there, get through this stage and stay up.

Bassey the warrior

I'll bet we pay better than most of the midtable clubs in the Bundesliga, Primera Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1. That alone, plus a show of ambition for the future from our new owner could attract either a big name or an up and coming talented manager from abroad. We can't really afford to give Jol more time and just hope he turns it around, we have to put a stop to this run now.

Logicalman

The issue I have with what you say, is that whatever Jol is doing is not working and hasn't been all season, so the chances he will keep us up is very slim to none based on the position we find ourselves in, with just 10 pts from 11 points, suggests we not reach the usual barometer of 40 pts for safety, imho.

The Bronsons

Well done for starting yet another thread about Jol rather than posting on an existing one.

Jol out by the way. My dog could do a better job, and she's nuts.

Logicalman

Quote from: The Bronsons on November 10, 2013, 12:41:59 AM
Well done for starting yet another thread about Jol rather than posting on an existing one.

Jol out by the way. My dog could do a better job, and she's nuts.

This one was a little different than the usual Jol abuse, so I thought I would give it a little time to see if it grew legs or a beard, and I think the latter is indicated, it will get merged.

Dave s

Ok then who should replace Jol?
Names please?

Logicalman

Quote from: Dave s on November 10, 2013, 12:47:19 AM
Ok then who should replace Jol?
Names please?

Dave S, as you are a newbie on here, I need to just fill you in regarding recent threads on the MB that you might have missed out on.

Concerning Jol In Jol Out argument, there is a plethora of such threads to read up on, as there are also the same number concerning which manager/manageress should replace him, as well as the usual 'My Dog/Cat/Child/Grandmother' prospects suggested.

I suggest you might take a gander at, and reply on those, as this thread will not be going much further in that respect mate.

Dave s

Them threads just ended up with crap suggestions like all the old ex-chelsea W managers like Hoddle, Di Matteo etc and worse like Zola. Thats why I started this.

If anyone wants to throw in a new and realistic name then please do :)
If not then keep it going, agreed :)

Dave s

And for all you Di Matteo fans, remember this. When he went up the steps to pick up the Champions League trophy he turned round near the top to Abramovich and said "Yeah I did it"

alexbishop

I've been backing the team and 'getting behind the boys' for the last year of absolutely embarrassing football. This is not just this season's problem. This has been going on since 1st September 2012 (that miserable performance against West Ham). We have all been so patient but now our patience has run out.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Twig

Quote from: Dave s on November 10, 2013, 01:15:17 AM
Them threads just ended up with crap suggestions like all the old ex-chelsea W managers like Hoddle, Di Matteo etc and worse like Zola. Thats why I started this.

If anyone wants to throw in a new and realistic name then please do :)
If not then keep it going, agreed :)

I am sorry Dave but some of "them threads" included extensive lists of names including some well argued options.  They were not all "crap".

This is just the old "there is no one out there to replace Jol" non argument warmed over yet again. Boring.......................