watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can this go on?

Started by Longterm, November 10, 2013, 11:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longterm

I have been proud to be a fan since the mid 60's, yes that is a long time and has taken me on a journey of footballinging fantasy few could have foreseen. The same can be said of where we are today! Who could have foreseen the unbelievable performances this season has sent? We sign some players of quality (Parker and Bent) and some more journey men orientated bodies. None the less we can field a team on the day that should be the envy of at least half of the league, but what are we seeing? No game this season has seen Fulham play well, not even the game at Palace where initially we looked second best to what is a very poor side, wins against Sunderland and Stoke hardly a sign of quality where in both games for long periods we were second best. I have never been a fan of Mr Jol, but his CV is pretty good and I hoped he would carry on what Roy Hodgson had carefully put together. Yes we lost players but doesn't everyone who is not in the top 4 - 6 teams? When you watch the team play can you see a plan A, never mind a plan B. The insistence on playing Berbatov (a quality player) and Ruiz (an expensive misfit) in the same team is hard to understand. They both have their moments but neither is a battling player who will dig in when the team is under pressure. Yesterday was always going to be difficult but I expected more character and fight and even more Darren Bent as the lone forward. Chances were going to be few and far between so someone who has a high hit rate was what was needed not a very creative but flawed stroller. In the last two games Jol has spent more time sitting on the bench than directing traffic and urging the players to greater effort this should tell us everything. A man of principal Jol should be given the opportunity to depart before things get worse, if that is possible. Loyalty is one thing madness another.

premFlem

some managers mature like a fine wine with age some turn to vinegar Jols the later.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away