News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Given that Jol will most likely be with us on Saturday..

Started by Matt Inglis, November 10, 2013, 11:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Inglis

It would really make me proud to be a Fulham fan if we could all just forget our problems and really get behind our team on Saturday.
Bar another 10 minute, 3 goal extravaganza from the opposition I think the best thing for the players right now would be to have a buzzing Craven Cottage really getting behind them.
I just worry that if we, as fans of the club, go into the match against Swansea with such a negative attitude as the one rightly shown on this board, that our players will find no motivation to go and attack this Swansea side.
The players must feel seriously under pressure, the front players especially know the fans are not happy with what they are producing and may be lacking in confidence.. So let's go and show them what they are really a part of as Fulham players.
I have witnessed some incredible Fulham crowds, and I would really love to see one now.

Don't back the manager, but back the players. If Martin Jol can't motivate them then I say we take it upon ourselves. Come on you Fulham, let's not give up too early.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Matt Inglis

ross_bamping

No matter how bad the manager is, it is no excuse for the players to put in lackluster performances every week. They should know were on their back, why should we applaud a team that puts in rubbish performances week after week. Kasami, Parker and Riether are the only players who deserve credit. The rest of the team have been lazy or useless. Would you applaud someone who did a bad job?
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

theotherdembele

Quote from: Matt Inglis on November 10, 2013, 12:06:26 PM

If Jol hasn't gone now. I don't think he will if we lose on Saturday.
[/quote]

Definitely won't if we win though

Matt Inglis

Quote from: ross_bamping on November 10, 2013, 12:06:33 PM
No matter how bad the manager is, it is no excuse for the players to put in lackluster performances every week. They should know were on their back, why should we applaud a team that puts in rubbish performances week after week. Kasami, Parker and Riether are the only players who deserve credit. The rest of the team have been lazy or useless. Would you applaud someone who did a bad job?
I will not be applauding them for the job they have done so far. I will be trying to encourage them to turn a corner. This is a winnable game, and if we jeer and boo our own players we will be less likely to prevail, in my opinion.

ross_bamping

Quote from: Matt Inglis on November 10, 2013, 12:10:33 PM
I will not be applauding them for the job they have done so far. I will be trying to encourage them to turn a corner. This is a winnable game, and if we jeer and boo our own players we will be less likely to prevail, in my opinion.

I'm not saying boo them, just a bit more of a mulled atmosphere. Show our frustration. Sing for the club, not the players.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Matt Inglis

Quote from: ross_bamping on November 10, 2013, 12:13:35 PM
Quote from: Matt Inglis on November 10, 2013, 12:10:33 PM

I'm not saying boo them, just a bit more of a mulled atmosphere. Show our frustration. Sing for the club, not the players.
That's fair enough. Last time I was able to go to the Cottage was Cardiff and the team were booed off at half time and the goalkeeper was jeered. It doesn't help anything.