News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When was the moment this mess all started for you?

Started by EJL, November 10, 2013, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enter the Frei

The turning point where I actually think it was the time for Jol to go was after Cardiff at home? It feels weird saying that considering we won our next two games, but that was the final straw in terms of the fans reaction to a game IMO. Turning point in terms of our performances? Sunderlands been mentioned, but again in terms of the reaction to Jol it was probably the 7 game losing streak we had towards the end of last season. We could of pushed on into the top half when we hit 40 points, but the end to last season bar Swansea really set the tone for Jol to be under pressure at the start of this season no matter who we signed or what happened in the summer.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: MJG on November 11, 2013, 01:36:28 PM
September 1978 Stoke at Home.
My dad took me to the game and all this hurt this is his bloody fault.
Made me chuckle that.

Burt

Agree with the comments about the Sunderland game... Until that point, we had been playing pretty well and all seemed set fair for a good season.

The game soon after at Loftus Road was the shocker of the season though, I have never seen such an appalling display in our top flight years.

And ever since then, all seems to have gone Pete Tong. No decent run of form, no consistency in terms of our performances, and play that is pretty mediocre. Good performances have become the exception, rather than the norm.

SmithyFFC

100% when Danny left, he wasn't just the captain, he made the entire team tick and I'm sure he was very vocal and positive in the dressing room. Without him we have very little inspiration on or off the pitch.
FTID

robert

Ironically just after we'd won a match,the penalties win over Burton Albion.However,I recall being ashamed to be a Fulham supporter because of our display and honestly felt they deserved to win it.It doesn't matter what Jol does now even if we have a winning streak-he must go!

the nutflush

Quote from: Forever Fulham on November 11, 2013, 06:31:01 AM
Dempsey's performances and production papered over Jol's ineptitude early on.  Dembele gave us a dribbler who could keep possession  while penetrating with pace up the middle--he often got stripped at the end, as he tended (back then) to dribble one bridge too far, but the penetration kept the opponents off balance.  And Murphy, though aging and slowing, could still distribute with the best of them.  And he had a way about him that made teammates push themselves a little harder than today's lot does.  There was a nucleus of players who had been through something special together, had bonded, and played above expectations.  Zamora showed that Jol has no man management skills.  Jol is insecure, petty, and doesn't know how to handle each player differently to be effective.  He has exhibited no skill at arranging rosters and formations and game plans for specific opponents and their playing styles and key personnel.  Instead he brags about his ability to bring talent to the Cottage.  He growls inanities and circular statements which, when drilled down, mean very little.  He has shown no capacity for adaptation and growth; no ability to change.  He makes negative comments about players in public.  Who does that and expects to keep the locker room?  He got a make work job for his brother, which must have irked the other coaches. 

This.

Spot on.

Enter the Frei

I actually think coming into the club at the time he did Jol had a really difficult job to do. The team at the time was a succesful one, but one where a lot of players needed to be moved on/replaced with little funds made available to him.

nose

Quote from: Enter the Frei on November 12, 2013, 04:39:07 PM
I actually think coming into the club at the time he did Jol had a really difficult job to do. The team at the time was a succesful one, but one where a lot of players needed to be moved on/replaced with little funds made available to him.

Come on, the job was easy. The squad although ageing a bit was experienced, settled and with a great work ethic. All he nneded to do was introduce a couple of younger players. instead He instantly fell out with the majority of the key senior pros, he fell out with Ray, He doesn't get the best out of a the pretty good squad we have now. He presists witha very poor ruiz and a sadly out of form berba.

the problems are of his own making.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: nose on November 12, 2013, 04:44:31 PM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on November 12, 2013, 04:39:07 PM

Come on, the job was easy. The squad although ageing a bit was experienced, settled and with a great work ethic. All he nneded to do was introduce a couple of younger players. instead He instantly fell out with the majority of the key senior pros, he fell out with Ray, He doesn't get the best out of a the pretty good squad we have now. He presists witha very poor ruiz and a sadly out of form berba.

the problems are of his own making.

I didn't say he'd made a good job of it, but a lot of key players like Zamora, Schwarzer, Murphy, AJ etc. had to be moved on in the near future when he took the job. He's had little money to replace them and hasn't done so effectively, but he's also moved us on from the Hodgson team which was something that needed to be done.