News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When was the moment this mess all started for you?

Started by EJL, November 10, 2013, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

I know a few people would say "when Jol was appointed", due to doubting him since the start, which obviously isn't wrong, but for those who think our downward spiral started at a certain point -- e.g. a match, an injury, a signing -- when was that moment? For me, it was when Hangeland got sent off against Sunderland. Before the red card we were cruising, and I have no doubts that we would've gone on to win the game. That sending off just seemed to change everything, and we've been completely awful ever since apart from the odd job saving result.

Admin

I knew damn well we'd struggle this season. Not just down to Jol, but purely based on how much we had invested this summer on players, especially whilst others around us strengthened. It was only a matter of time before losing Dempsey and Dembele' took it's toll, and failing to replace either with quality was only going to head one way. I think for me, it was the time we opted to sign Karagounis, then resigning him the following season showed our intentions. I said to my old man, I think this is our last season in the top flight.     

Matt Inglis

Quote from: EJL on November 10, 2013, 04:14:15 PM
I know a few people would say "when Jol was appointed", due to doubting him since the start, which obviously isn't wrong, but for those who think our downward spiral started at a certain point -- e.g. a match, an injury, a signing -- when was that moment? For me, it was when Hangeland got sent off against Sunderland. Before the red card we were cruising, and I have no doubts that we would've gone on to win the game. That sending off just seemed to change everything, and we've been completely awful ever since apart from the odd job saving result.
I agree that did seem to be a turning point. The lowest low was the loss to Reading. Perhaps after a while people just learnt how to beat a Jol Fulham, and found it was really very easy.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Furby

Losing to Sunderland at the Cottage last season. Hangers has been awful since then too.

Matt Inglis

You could put down giving Hangeland the armband as a turning point, really.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

nose

apart from day one... away to wisla and his chronic team selection and reasoning proved he was useless

SP

Quote from: Furby on November 10, 2013, 04:25:43 PM
Losing to Sunderland at the Cottage last season. Hangers has been awful since then too.

Someone posted a couple of years ago asking what would we do without the ever reliable Brede.  Well now we know, & we never imagined the answer would be Big Phil.

fulhamben

the second we sold the dems without replacing them. not fussed about our current position, cos I knew as soon as window shut that we wouldn't finish out of the bottom 5.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

mabster

simplyfulham

Murph being allowed to waltz out of the club without much of a fight.

That was it for me.

It pulls together a few factors; the break up of the old team, the loss of one of our most influential players, the subsequent failure to replace one of the most technically gifted players in midfield and a vital cog in terms of our pattern of play. I'm sure there are more signals on the same lines you can point to.

alexbishop

mess? What mess? We'll be fine according to Jol. My biggest aspiration in life is to be fine...let's all just be fine together. YAY
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

fulhamben

Quote from: simplyfulham on November 10, 2013, 04:44:14 PM

That was it for me.

It pulls together a few factors; the break up of the old team, the loss of one of our most influential players, the subsequent failure to replace one of the most technically gifted players in midfield and a vital cog in terms of our pattern of play. I'm sure there are more signals on the same lines you can point to.
? we offered him a new contract but he got greedy. and judging by the way he flopped in the lower leagues we got that one spot on

JDH101

Quote from: The Enclosurite on November 10, 2013, 04:22:25 PM
QPR away.

Agreed. I had never seen such an inept performance from a professional team. Now we see it every week!

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on November 10, 2013, 04:47:50 PM

That was it for me.

? we offered him a new contract but he got greedy. and judging by the way he flopped in the lower leagues we got that one spot on

He didn't get greedy, he wanted 2 years instead of 1, it was nothing to do with the money. He left for Blackburn purely for playing time as Jol told him, he'd be a bit part player for the coming seasons. He was never a lover of Jol either and left the club whilst Jol was on holiday.

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on November 10, 2013, 05:00:53 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 10, 2013, 04:47:50 PM

That was it for me.

He didn't get greedy, he wanted 2 years instead of 1, it was nothing to do with the money. He left for Blackburn purely for playing time as Jol told him, he'd be a bit part player for the coming seasons. He was never a lover of Jol either and left the club whilst Jol was on holiday.
wanting a 2 year deal over one is greedy. he could have stayed for the year and then been given another one if he warranted it.

MJG

Sometime during January when it was clear he was not bringing the youth into the team and he went and loaned players we did not need or use. None of those loans made sense to me when we had players already in squad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Twig

NogoodBoyo

His public denigration/humiliation of Kasami after his missed penalty against Chelsea followed by similar treatment dished to Frei and Kaca in the press countered by his effusive praise for "his boys" Berbatov and Ruiz.  It was cumulative destruction of the morale of a good squad.
Nogood "can't treat youth and codgers that way and succeed as a manager, isit" Boyo