watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackburn Scenario

Started by Buffalo76, November 10, 2013, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Anyone with any sense or the slightest knowledge of proper football will agree that Jol is finished. Although look how long those clowns at Blackburn kept Keane for. By the time they got rid of him it was way too late. I hope Khan doesn't prove to be as bad an owner as the Venkys. We need Jol sacked and we need him sacked NOW.

General

Only thing to mention though is points wise the league is a lot closer - there is 4 points between us at 10th place. That said though, we are in a rut and if I´m being honest I put it down to Shahid Kahn more than I do Jol.

As an owner you need to put pressure on players and managers to keep results going in the right direction, not make them feel like they have a job no matter what - where does the drive come from then if that happens?

Whilst we have played Man Utd, Liverpool and Southampton in our last three games it´s still not good enough to go into games expecting to draw or ´hopeful´of getting a/some points. And it´s definitely not good enough to be shipping goals in the manner we are... saying I wish our set pieces were defended properly when we´re talking about a profession of which set pieces are a huge part of it and in regards to players who have been playing in and around the top of the game being unable to defend properly stinks of something very peculiar.

Yes, the blame can be tagetted at Jol and yes he´s very inept/useless at being a manager right now (its a result business) but it just seems like he doesnt care, possibly because he doesn´t have to.

General

10 points between 4th space and us too... hardly a thing.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

No. Kean was the Venky's man. Kahn should have no qualms about getting rid of Jol and I would hope he would be more informed than the Venky's. Apparently they were unaware of relegation.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: General on November 10, 2013, 06:55:36 PM
10 points between 4th space and us too... hardly a thing.
That would be some crumb of comfort if we could see where our next points were coming from.
We are playing like a team that not only lacks confidents but also lacks ability.  There is no 'team' ethos and it looks like 11 individuals most of the time.  I could suffer all of this if there was effort and a little desire, but they look like they just do not care.  And to be fair why should they, clearly the Chairman / Chief Exec / Manager & Captain don't.  Take the money and move on.  Why should they care about the mess left behind?  It won't effect them one iota.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

EJL

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on November 10, 2013, 07:06:39 PM
No. Kean was the Venky's man. Kahn should have no qualms about getting rid of Jol and I would hope he would be more informed than the Venky's. Apparently they were unaware of relegation.
Perhaps all the Jaguars get-togethers at the beginning of the new ownership, with Jol, Mackintosh and Hangeland all being so impressive when speaking out in Florida, has put Khan in a difficult situation. As far as we know, he's had a good working relationship with the former two from the off, and he knows very little about the sport. That's why sometimes it's good for a new owner to get his own guys in right at the start. If he had done, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Admin

If anything, I think the take over has come one season to late. We were desperate for investment this season, not for someone to sit back and say that they will review things for a year, and then make their mark. On the other hand, what was Mackintosh doing advising Khan that the current plan was good enough to run with? We all knew that squad was getting old and needed a revamp of at least 20-30 million.

I'm not sure if Mackintosh was trying to earn brownie points, or Khan had specifically said he wasn't making funds available, but I think in the change over, we've been caught with our pants down and didn't expect others around us to strengthen like they did.

This. coupled with Jol's bad management of things has caused us big problems.   

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Macintosh may be fine on the financial side of things, but does anyone have any idea about how much he actually knows about football? If he believed that washed up Scott Parker and Darren Bent would solve all of our problems, then obviously not.