more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lets just get hiddink in...

Started by General, November 11, 2013, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

And stop wasting our time.

He's by far the best available manager and has a great calibre.

Oakeshott

There is no conceivable chance that a manager of his calibre would come to an, at best, middle-of-the-table club like ours, with no chance of other than an occasional go at the lesser European competition.

aFFCn_Fan

I suspect the theory with Hiddink is not that he joins us for a few seasons, but rather sees this season out by avoiding relegation. And then a new manager appointed in time to get us ready for next season.
@hincharoo

The Old Count

Quote from: Oakeshott on November 11, 2013, 09:55:52 AM
There is no conceivable chance that a manager of his calibre would come to an, at best, middle-of-the-table club like ours, with no chance of other than an occasional go at the lesser European competition.

Everything is possible.  It depends on the strength of the proposition. Our wonderful club has a lot to offer.  Would he be interested in a project.....Pochettini / Southampton wise.

It never hurts to ask.

the nutflush

Quote from: The Old Count on November 11, 2013, 10:17:55 AM
Quote from: Oakeshott on November 11, 2013, 09:55:52 AM

Everything is possible.  It depends on the strength of the proposition. Our wonderful club has a lot to offer.  Would he be interested in a project.....Pochettini / Southampton wise.

It never hurts to ask.

As I said on another thread, if Anzhi Whattsamacallit can lure Hiddink I'm sure we can if our owner gets serious about spending some money.

lamby

Quote from: General on November 11, 2013, 09:50:53 AM

There is no way he will come to us - we are leading into a World Cup. This is his cash cow, some country will pay him crazy money for a few months work (Australia thought about it). 

the nutflush

Quote from: lamby on November 11, 2013, 10:29:28 AM
Quote from: General on November 11, 2013, 09:50:53 AM

There is no way he will come to us - we are leading into a World Cup. This is his cash cow, some country will pay him crazy money for a few months work (Australia thought about it). 

And Hiddink thought about going back to Australia.  That means he would be willing to take on a basket case like Fulham.

nose

I think Hiddink, if really available could be lured. Money and the prospect of turning round an ailing side should be enough to tempt anyone.
Of course other offers may come in for him so we can't say a better opportunity will not arise but i think Fulham might just suit his ego.

FFC1987

Quote from: nose on November 11, 2013, 10:41:46 AM
I think Hiddink, if really available could be lured. Money and the prospect of turning round an ailing side should be enough to tempt anyone.
Of course other offers may come in for him so we can't say a better opportunity will not arise but i think Fulham might just suit his ego.

I'd be extremely pleasantly surprised.

the nutflush

Quote from: nose on November 11, 2013, 10:41:46 AM

In some ways its the perfect project for Hiddink.  I remember what he did for Australia to get them to the world cup and overachieve as they did with an average squad.  He sure can turn around a rabble.  Make them work hard.  The players will never train harder.  They will be drilled and drilled until player movements become second nature.  I remember hearing about Hiddink's training methods from Tim Cahill and Archie Thomson who were in the Australian squad in 2006.  They said he flogged them...absolutely flogged them.  But they were fitter than ever.  They were hungrier than ever and they got the best out of themselves.  This is the sort of stuff we need at Motspur Park.  I would love to see it happen even if its just to see the look on Berbatovs face at training. 

bog

Spot on! I have been banging on about him for ages. A true class act. And bring Danny Murphy back as his number two with long term he to take over.

092.gif

PaulJ123

Dreaming here, but would love it

Khan who knows absolutely nothing about football would be unwilling to spend that amount on a manager though

SmithyFFC

Yeah, lets get Hiddink in, or if he's unavailable, we'll go for Mourinho, or Ferguson, or Hodgson, or Ancellotti.  fp.gif
FTID

Deanothefulhamfan

Best manager out there without doubt.... No international team will change their manager if they have qualified for the world cup. That's just asking for trouble