watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coleman sacked

Started by The Swan, May 04, 2010, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Chris Coleman sacked by Coventry. If Roy was to leave for Liverpool would we have Chris back as our manager.
The Swan

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: theSwan on May 04, 2010, 08:44:16 PM
Chris Coleman sacked by Coventry. If Roy was to leave for Liverpool would we have Chris back as our manager.
I still think he's a legend , but no.

Burt

I agree with Mr FFC, but only because he is bigger than me and I like his avatar...

Shame about that - he was a manager in developmental mode, a prospect for the future etc. so I hope this has not done too much damage.

Fernhurst

Watched Coventry lately and thought they were a bit like we were a few years ago - good some days - awful others!

When I watched our first goal against the "happy slappy ammers" I thought......

Is this really Fulham I'm watching????

The sharpness of the passing and the coolness of the finish was more........ top 4 like!!!!

It's wonderful ..... but can't see it getting any better than this.... soooooooooo.....ENJOY  :54:

Burt

A mixed reaction from the locals...
http://forums.iccoventry.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18750&sid=511eb76673f47464f52b07e0b048417f

The consistent theme seems to be that he was hampered by a lack of money.

Sound familiar??

McBridefan1

So that's the way the cookie crumbles then.

Burt

It does take the biscuit...

NogoodBoyo

Cookie - great player, lousy manager.  More science and art in a petrie dish than in his managerial game. 
Niogood "and a Welshie to boot" Boyo

Jimpav

Cookie was never going to set the managerial world alight but you can't knock him to hard for keeping Coventry safe.

He kept us up and would have continued to do so had he have been allowed to stay on.

There are plenty worse managers than him Nogood.

LBNo11

...loved the player, great defender, huge committment and was prepared to show how he would fare dropping three divisions. He saved us from relegation when Tigana had lost interest but was hampered in keeping the team he inherited, and in replacing and building a team by the most austere time ever under Mr Fayed.

As is often the case in this scenario, lack of funding led to consistently poor results and so he was sacked and the new manager given shed-loads of money. For that I felt sorry for Cookie, as had he had access to even half of that money LS had he may have made a better fist of it. However, he insisted that he and Steve Kean were a package, and Kean was his downfall, along with the tactics of desperation.

Lack of funding at Coventry was the reason they appointed him in the first place, and two years down the line, still no funding and they take a turn for the worse - so he gets sacked again.

I hope he gets a job with a team that backs him financially, just so that he gets the chance to show what he could be capable of.

That said, Coleman as a replacement for Mr Hodgson - Never in a million years...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

McBridefan1

Quote from: LBNo11 on May 05, 2010, 11:32:13 AM
...loved the player, great defender, huge committment and was prepared to show how he would fare dropping three divisions. He saved us from relegation when Tigana had lost interest but was hampered in keeping the team he inherited, and in replacing and building a team by the most austere time ever under Mr Fayed.

As is often the case in this scenario, lack of funding led to consistently poor results and so he was sacked and the new manager given shed-loads of money. For that I felt sorry for Cookie, as had he had access to even half of that money LS had he may have made a better fist of it. However, he insisted that he and Steve Kean were a package, and Kean was his downfall, along with the tactics of desperation.

Lack of funding at Coventry was the reason they appointed him in the first place, and two years down the line, still no funding and they take a turn for the worse - so he gets sacked again.

I hope he gets a job with a team that backs him financially, just so that he gets the chance to show what he could be capable of.

That said, Coleman as a replacement for Mr Hodgson - Never in a million years...

Now that I have half decade of football behind me, looking back I think he had some great players and we really should have done better... I mean look at all he had to work with...
Mark Crossley
Moritz Volz 
Zat Knight
Ian Pearce
Liam Rosenior
Steed Malbranque
Michael Brown
Mark Pembridge
Luis Boa Morte
Brian McBride
Collins John

Subs           
Tony Warner
Heidar Helguson 
Tomasz Radzinski
Phillippe Christanval
Niclas Jensen

on second thought maybe he was a miracle worker.