Started by Berserker, November 12, 2013, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Apparently training with us...wow
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

the nutflush

They grow up quick dont they?  Im trying to get my 20 month old son to kick a ball.  All he wants to do is throw stuff.  Got an incredible arm for someone his age.  I'm thinking major league baseball. 

Rhys Lightning 63

This could just be a way for his over-rated no good father to wangle his way into management. If David Beckham manages this club, I'm upping sticks and converting to Chelsea
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

the nutflush

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 12, 2013, 12:47:33 AM
This could just be a way for his over-rated no good father to wangle his way into management. If David Beckham manages this club, I'm upping sticks and converting to Chelsea

Relax mate. 

God The Mechanic

2+2 does not = a billion!

ToodlesMcToot

He's going to be an MLS club owner. I don't think management is in his future.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Pluto

Bit harsh. Beckham is a legend in my view. Dignified, speaks with class, a true professional, genuinely loves the sport, family man and a true ambassador for the game. Witness his recent interview where he is questioned about Ferguson's comments- absolute class act. Or how about donating his entire wages to charity last season? Streets ahead of the likes of Rooney, Ashley Cole and Giggs.

Also people forget how good a player he was- he may not have had the athelticism, all round ability and footballing brain of some of the best players of today, but in terms of actually kicking a football he was unbelievable- one of the greatest of all time in that respect.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with everything Pluto has said

valdeingruo

Quote from: Pluto on November 12, 2013, 01:43:03 AM

Bit harsh. Beckham is a legend in my view. Dignified, speaks with class, a true professional, genuinely loves the sport, family man and a true ambassador for the game. Witness his recent interview where he is questioned about Ferguson's comments- absolute class act. Or how about donating his entire wages to charity last season? Streets ahead of the likes of Rooney, Ashley Cole and Giggs.

Also people forget how good a player he was- he may not have had the athelticism, all round ability and footballing brain of some of the best players of today, but in terms of actually kicking a football he was unbelievable- one of the greatest of all time in that respect.

:plus one:   Went to the MLS to try and do some good for the sport, dontating wages and time to charity? Class guy, if he went for his coaching badges dont you think the world would know of it? His future is being the charming face of an MLS franchise.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

sunburywhite

Very harsh
Look at the passion he showed when he played for England
The game against Greece where he carried the team through and scored with that free kick to get us to the 2002 World Cup
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

JHaynes Paperboy

Always thought that you were an idiot, this post confirms it!

aFFCn_Fan

So we've got Mourinho and Beckham's kids training with us...and people are worried about our academy. 

051 is obviously looking to build an All Star team of the future.  :hook:
@hincharoo

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on November 12, 2013, 08:27:18 AM
Always thought that you were an idiot, this post confirms it!

Have to agree with JHaynes Paper boy, you'd fit in well at Chelsea, close the door behind you please

Nero

Now if his son cant hit a corner passed the first man do we play him next game?

Berserker

Well I'm proud he is training at our club
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

leonffc

Little beckham has been training with Chelsea, Man UTD and now us in the last month if the press are to be believed.
Either dad is hawking him around clubs trying to get trials or he's been in the area and pulled strings to get the boy simply enjoying hob knobbing it at Prem clubs.

Twig

I don't really care whether young Becks is training with us or a kid from my street.  Potential is all I care about.
However I totally disagree with your personal attack on his father. You are entitled to y our opinions of his footballing talent (personally I rated him) but how are you qualified to comment on him as a person?

Northern Cottager

Beckham was and is a fantastic role model throughout the majority of his career. If he went into management I don't get the issue? If you promise to go support Chelsea, I'll buy you your season ticket.

supersimmo123

I he has half the talent of his old man he is better than our first team already!

Riverside

If he has any of his father in him he will bring a work ethic to the club that has clearly been missing !