more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham eye Di Matteo and Petrescu!!

Started by South Aussie, November 12, 2013, 01:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 12, 2013, 12:26:16 PM
I asked this on twitter and got no reply but do the club have any quick, energetic full backs in the youth system? If we had say Tom Huddlestone esque passer in the middle with say Parker/Sidwell, we might well be linking the play from the defenders to the CM's to the attack but we are far too static and have far too many grafting spectators in our team....Especially in the middle which is the vital component IMO.
Josh Passley is the best Full back we have in the U21's. He gets up and down the pitch well and is quite strong at that level. Has been one of the best players over the last couple of games.
have seen him play CB & RM and dont like him there.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on November 12, 2013, 01:30:25 PM
I asked this on twitter and got no reply but do the club have any quick, energetic full backs in the youth system? If we had say Tom Huddlestone esque passer in the middle with say Parker/Sidwell, we might well be linking the play from the defenders to the CM's to the attack but we are far too static and have far too many grafting spectators in our team....Especially in the middle which is the vital component IMO.
Josh Passley is the best Full back we have in the U21's. He gets up and down the pitch well and is quite strong at that level. Has been one of the best players over the last couple of games.

Are we talking quick when it comes to getting up and down?

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 12, 2013, 02:04:43 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 12, 2013, 01:30:25 PM

Are we talking quick when it comes to getting up and down?
More powerful than quick. Has a lot of energy. He's not going walk back like Riether does (tin hat on)

Neil D

Quote from: Berserker on November 12, 2013, 08:55:01 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on November 12, 2013, 08:49:11 AM
With Brooklyn Beckham training with us, will we see headlines like:  Fulham eye Victoria Beckham.

I beleive she is very thin so maybe invisible to the normal eye in natural light

Indeed - if she ever went missing it's because she turned sideways...

Aaron

Quote from: Fulham Joe on November 12, 2013, 10:10:27 AM
My first choice would be Di Matteo no doubt about it.
100% success record in the champions league, what more do you want?

This is a joke right?  People seem to bring up this stat like it means something..  He picked up the baton when all the hard work was already done, he didn't build that team.

He also had the benefit of being able to shadow his predecessor in the role to the point where all he really needed to do was say "Same as last week lads." to be pretty sure of the result.  If Abramovich had left AVB where he was he'd have gotten exactly the same result anyways.  He only binned him to pave the way for the glorious return of the Special One.

I'm not saying Di Matteo is a bad choice, I quite like him, he's certainly preferable to Jol, but to say "he won the Champions League, he must be good" is a bit like saying that Michael Carroll lad must have been a financial genius because his bank balance was once considerably bigger than mine.. He just got a lucky ticket is all.  His achievement at Chelsea isn't even a 50th of what Roy achieved here in my opinion..

You'd be doing much better to look at what he did with the Baggies to get an accurate benchmark and he wasn't all that impressive frankly.

David Allen Crankshaw

The thought of Di Matteo at our club would make a bad season even worse. Considering the number of manager jobs available since he was relieved of his duties at Chelsea other Premiership don't seem to be rushing to aquire his services.

PaulJ123

NO TO DI MATTEO!

The amount of times I've had to write a similar reply to a post like this is crazy.
Sacked from WBA, got lucky at Chelsea (not only in the manner of victories they had, but to even have the chance to get the job in the first place). If he was still out of work now after the WBA sacking, would any of you want him? No.

Winning the Champions League was a huge achievement for him, but say he lost in the final vs Bayern, or vs Barca, would he be linked with all the prem teams that crop up, again No.

I'd much rather we take a gamble on someone else than get him.

Chutney

Petrescu has a fantastic record as a manager and is one of the best managers in russian football. I also like the idea of going for a manager who is already currently employed as often, the managers out of work are so for a reason. Would be very happy with this appointment

C O Y W

Nero

Quote from: Chutney on November 12, 2013, 03:51:51 PM
Petrescu has a fantastic record as a manager and is one of the best managers in russian football. I also like the idea of going for a manager who is already currently employed as often, the managers out of work are so for a reason. Would be very happy with this appointment

Has he ever been sacked it doesn't look like it from the above, only think the chaps got going against him is ex chelsea but that can be forgiven if he gets us moving in the right direction

Aaron

Quote from: Chutney on November 12, 2013, 03:51:51 PM

Some fairly impressive stats on the face of it there.. I have no idea who half of those Romanian clubs are, but I always rather liked Petrescu as a player.  5 clubs in 3 years though?  Admittedly he seems to have been pretty solid since then.

nose

He may be brilliant, but who knows what these sides were like before he arrived,
He hasn't really stuck anywhere for that especially early on so that is also a concern.

I would think, unless somebody really knows him, he looks like a gamble.... di matteo would likely be a disaster, his stewardship at WBA is most relevant and not that impressive.

rusty shackleford

Id give Pet Rescue a stab anyway, cant be worse than Jol

Chutney

Quote from: nose on November 12, 2013, 04:35:49 PM

He may be brilliant, but who knows what these sides were like before he arrived,
He hasn't really stuck anywhere for that especially early on so that is also a concern.

I would think, unless somebody really knows him, he looks like a gamble.... di matteo would likely be a disaster, his stewardship at WBA is most relevant and not that impressive.

Hodgson had hopped from club to club before we appointed him, and was also relatively unknown. Petrescu is also currently employed and has never been sacked, any manager out of work probably is for a reason.
C O Y W

Jack Fulham

Aaron

Actually.. Is he too big for us?

Managing in the Russian League is hardly a second-rate job these days.. Would he want to take a paycut to come and try and save an aging, unfashionable team from relegation in the Premier League?

Sammyffc

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 12, 2013, 04:48:56 PM
Id give Pet Rescue a stab anyway, cant be worse than Jol

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: 064.gif

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Neil D on November 12, 2013, 02:19:48 PM
Quote from: Berserker on November 12, 2013, 08:55:01 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on November 12, 2013, 08:49:11 AM
With Brooklyn Beckham training with us, will we see headlines like:  Fulham eye Victoria Beckham.

I beleive she is very thin so maybe invisible to the normal eye in natural light

Indeed - if she ever went missing it's because she turned sideways...

Maybe we should get her a white shirt so she could ghost into the box. That said, when we play The Scum I'm sure John Terry would still be able to spot her  :005:

God The Mechanic

Petrescu is one of those rare Chelsea players that I actually quite like - along with Zola and um... Barney?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Aaron on November 12, 2013, 06:12:48 PM

Managing in the Russian League is hardly a second-rate job these days.. Would he want to take a paycut to come and try and save an aging, unfashionable team from relegation in the Premier League?
Who said anything about a paycut? It's not like Dinamo Moscow are a Champions League team that splashes out £50 million on new players annually.
Besides the PL is a better league. They are a mid table club in an inferior league. I don't see why he wouldn't come.

Aaron

Quote from: The Moose on November 12, 2013, 08:27:56 PM
Quote from: Aaron on November 12, 2013, 06:12:48 PM

Who said anything about a paycut? It's not like Dinamo Moscow are a Champions League team that splashes out £50 million on new players annually.
Besides the PL is a better league. They are a mid table club in an inferior league. I don't see why he wouldn't come.

For some reason I had Dynamo Moscow Ice Hockey Club in my head.. Their colours and lettering in the logo etc are very similar to Zenit I confused the two in my brain.