watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK - He Hasn't Been Sacked

Started by TonyGilroy, November 12, 2013, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

But the silence from the club is deafening.

The uproar among supporters is such that a statement of support for Jol is way overdue unless, of course, active steps are being taken to bring in a replacement.

Getting rid is the easy bit - finding the right man to replace him much harder. I don't mind time being spent on that and in the absence of support from Khan I think that must be what is now happening.

FFC1987

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 12, 2013, 08:52:39 AM

But the silence from the club is deafening.

The uproar among supporters is such that a statement of support for Jol is way overdue unless, of course, active steps are being taken to bring in a replacement.

Getting rid is the easy bit - finding the right man to replace him much harder. I don't mind time being spent on that and in the absence of support from Khan I think that must be what is now happening.

The club might feel that having said last week they backed him, they didn't feel it relevant to say it again after an away defeat to Liverpool? Just playing devils advocate here obviously.

TonyGilroy

I think the present uproar is such that the club has to say loud and clear that Jol has Khan's support, will be given funds in January and will see out the season.

Or, of course, get sacked.

Letting things drift would be the worst possible option.

FFC1987

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 12, 2013, 09:27:28 AM

I think the present uproar is such that the club has to say loud and clear that Jol has Khan's support, will be given funds in January and will see out the season.

Have they not already said they'd back Jol already though?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 12, 2013, 10:30:08 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 12, 2013, 09:27:28 AM

Not since it went pear shaped at Southampton and the message boards went into melt down.

If he still has Khan's backing it needs to be stated loudly now in spades and all I hear is silence.

Have they not already said they'd back Jol already though?

FFC1987

Ah ok. I thought I read only last week that the club (Khan) was backing him in the foreseeable future.

fulhamfever

My mate asked if I wanted to go watch Fulham next weekend at the Cottage but I refused as I dont want to waste my time or hard earned cash watching them as long as that Jol is in charge.

H3Matt

Quote from: fulhamfever on November 12, 2013, 10:46:23 AM
My mate asked if I wanted to go watch Fulham next weekend at the Cottage but I refused as I dont want to waste my time or hard earned cash watching them as long as that Jol is in charge.

You're lucky you've got the choice. Some of (maybe most of) us have bought season tickets and have to "waste our time" watching every game. Don't get me wrong, I dread going to the Cottage now. Never look forward to a game, my Dad doesn't come often due to shift work but he's coming to the Swansea game and he doesn't really want to go anymore...

Joe McDonald

Quote from: H3Matt on November 12, 2013, 11:06:07 AM

You're lucky you've got the choice. Some of (maybe most of) us have bought season tickets and have to "waste our time" watching every game. Don't get me wrong, I dread going to the Cottage now. Never look forward to a game, my Dad doesn't come often due to shift work but he's coming to the Swansea game and he doesn't really want to go anymore...

Don't go then.  Empty seats might just spark club management into making a decision...

SKSW6

Quote from: Joe McDonald on November 12, 2013, 11:11:43 AM
Quote from: H3Matt on November 12, 2013, 11:06:07 AM

Don't go then.  Empty seats might just spark club management into making a decision...

It's easy to say when you've not paid upwards of £500, plus it's still the club you love if not the management and team.

7787fulham

Although that is the easy option and may speak volumes its not always that easy when you have paid the amount of money some of us have paid and the empty seats doesn't always work just look how long it took blackburn fans to get shot of steve kean and they didn't turn up for ages.

Burt

For memory the last endorsement of Jol came in the wake of the rosy glow prompted by our win at Selhurst Park.

At the moment it feels like the period just before Cookie left. The club are being quite coy, there is clearly something going on, the team are all at sea, the supporters aren't a happy bunch, and we have just lost 4-0 (I seem to remembe with Cookie we lost by the same scoreline against Blackburn at the Loftodrome).