watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Flying in for Swansea game....which pub pre game to meet some of you old timers

Started by jarv, November 12, 2013, 12:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

I used to live in Putney so know the area quite well. I said old timers in the subject, thought old gits might be a bit rude.

I have tickets already, sent to my mates flat. He informed me yesterday, saying the tickets are safe, no burgler will take them, more like to leave Southamption tickets in sympathy.  (He is a saints fan).

the nutflush

Oh.  I saw the thread title and thought it must be Mr Khan but he will probably stay home and watch it in Florida. 

Northern Cottager

Quote from: jarv on November 12, 2013, 12:24:46 PM
I used to live in Putney so know the area quite well. I said old timers in the subject, thought old gits might be a bit rude.

I have tickets already, sent to my mates flat. He informed me yesterday, saying the tickets are safe, no burgler will take them, more like to leave Southamption tickets in sympathy.  (He is a saints fan).

You should leave them in an envelope on the front door step with a crisp £50 note inside and hope someone takes them! Chances are they'd take the money and leave the tickets.

jarv

yup, the old jokes are the best...first prize, a ticket to Fulham game, second prize 2 tickets.

LBNo11

...jarv, I will be coming along, only as 'sipwell' and 'FC Silver Fox' (French Connection) are making their way over from the continent. I no longer drink alcohol so don't know which watering holes are used pre-match, but I will happily meet you in any pub/bar - except the Golden Lion of course...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Peabody

Oh no, we are not back to the days when people used to say " i was walking past Craven Cottage, when someone came out and dragged me in", are we?

epsomraver

SP

Quote from: Peabody on November 12, 2013, 06:56:44 PM
Oh no, we are not back to the days when people used to say " i was walking past Craven Cottage, when someone came out and dragged me in", are we?

Indeed we are, they also used to say something along the lines of 'Craven Cottage, where the Fulham players race up & down the pitch in their wheelchairs?'

jarv

There is also the one...I called to find out when the game kicks off and they said when can you get here.

LBNo11

...I remember the great plagiariser David Frost announce live on TV in the form of a breaking news 'newsflash' that Fulham FC had just paid a record fee of £150,000 on a new supporter...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Shredhead

I recommend the Bricklayers Arms for real ale. Go down to the Bridge, turn left and first left again
The Spotted Horse in the High Street and The Rocket - a Wetherspoons near Putney Bridge are good.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Shredhead on November 12, 2013, 10:38:54 PM
I recommend the Bricklayers Arms for real ale. Go down to the Bridge, turn left and first left again
The Spotted Horse in the High Street and The Rocket - a Wetherspoons near Putney Bridge are good.

Bricklayers had some awesome choices last time out. One of them affected my ability to deal with bright light when we left for the game.

The Rock

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 12, 2013, 11:31:28 PM
Quote from: Shredhead on November 12, 2013, 10:38:54 PM

Bricklayers had some awesome choices last time out. One of them affected my ability to deal with bright light when we left for the game.

064.gif

There is something about that place - maybe cuz it's tucked away or because the real ale is that good - I been there not even in game day as they keep it really fresh. I think that place is special.

But I'd go to the "big places" first to see the Fofers.

Berserker

Well I think think I've persuaded Mr B to go to the pub to meet all the flying in FOFer's, especially Mod LB.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Shredhead

I'll be in the Brick with a Jack (friend of friend) biting my tongue while drinking ale.  A neat trick.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

The Rock

I wish I were coming to town, because LBno11 is a wealth of knowledge and bezerker is no slouch judging by the last time I saw him at Rockwells. Excited for you all. Bring home the points please.