A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol / Pulis

Started by sumofallparts, November 12, 2013, 04:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep Jol or appoint Pulis. It is that simple.

Jol
48 (71.6%)
Pulis
19 (28.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: November 17, 2013, 04:07:28 PM

epsomraver

Quote from: Peabody on November 12, 2013, 04:34:05 PM
If Pullis were to be appointed, then my nearly 70year association with FFC would come to an end

I second that MR P, Sutton United here we come

Classic94

Neither. I'd rather give up on football.

cmg

Quote from: Classic94 on November 12, 2013, 05:34:31 PM
I'd rather give up on football.

Appointing Pulis would be exactly that.

LordNelson

From Wikipedia:

Pulis has a reputation within the game for achieving solid results on small budgets and also maintains the proud record of never being relegated as a manager. Throughout his managerial career Pulis has used the long ball style of play.

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

ScalleysDad

Just in case anybody from the Club is listening it will be two more season tickets in the bin and no renewal if Pulis arrives. If Jol stays it will be pretty much the same really ......................

Buffalo76

If that animal is the only real choice as a replacement things at the Cottage are in a far worse state then we thought. What an absolute joke that would be. He's everything that's bad about football.

alfie

This is the situation we are in now, leaving aside Jol's tactics or whatever, if he was under the impression from MAF that funds would be available and then told that was not the case and he had to get cheap players at the end of their careers or loanees in then Jol has had a rum deal. I had a dislike for Hughes when he left, but it seems that he had a very good point.

I really do not think we will get the type of manager that has been banded about on here unless Mr Khan will guarantee a reasonable sum of money to improve the squad. Personally i do not think our players are good enough, and unless funds are available if/when a new manager does come in he will be left with the same groupd of ageing, not bothered type of player.

Purely an opinion of course.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Buffalo76 on November 12, 2013, 06:25:13 PM
If that animal is the only real choice as a replacement things at the Cottage are in a far worse state then we thought. What an absolute joke that would be. He's everything that's bad about football.

It is a sorry state of affairs indeed. Middlesboro and Palace look set to take a couple of options off the list and some of the managers still out of work have not set the world on fire anyway. Buying out a contract will be tricky and lengthy at this stage of the season unless somebody is crazy enough to walk out on a job for this shambles. I still think we have to adopt an in house rehab project, Lewington is not excluded from that, and put those that know how the place works in charge and bolster the back room however they want. We, the great unwashed, will then have to get behind the new management team with every sinew, vocal chord and heart beat.

Fair point Alfie. The book when it comes out will be a darned good read but I have a suspicion the malaise has been going on for a while and MAF saw through Jol quite quickly even after seeking him out.

sumofallparts

With 80% poling Jol and the general tone about Pulis, on here, perhaps (playing devils advocate) means that Martin Jol isn't so bad after all.
Maybe despite his shortcomings, we SHOULD get behind him and the lads for the next few games.
Be careful what you wish for, as "Jol out" could mean "Pulis in".

The Enclosurite

I don't think it means that at all.
¡COYW!

sumofallparts

It probably won't, but it "could"........ that was my point really. Better the devil you know.......

Herbie

No thanks as far as Pulis is concerned. The club would lose revenue as they would have to designate more seats as restricted view.

Jack Fulham

Not sure why this is even a thing. I'd twist and then twist again.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Jack Fulham on November 12, 2013, 07:02:42 PM
Not sure why this is even a thing. I'd twist and then twist again.

like you did last summer

YankeeJim

Joy or Pullis?

Its like a choice between choosing to survive a stroke or a heart attack.

On the other hand, as bad as Pullis is, his teams were usually competitive. Can't say that about Jol.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

sumofallparts

Joy or Pulis - how freudian !

EJL

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 12, 2013, 07:51:51 PM
Joy or Pullis?

On the other hand, as bad as Pullis is, his teams were usually competitive. Can't say that about Jol.
And let's not stop there:

It's like asking someone who their favourite serial killer is.

Deanothefulhamfan

I went for Pulis.... but only for the short term to keep us up..I  think the only manager I would not take over Jol would be PDC.... although he would drop the ego's and get us fit so not all bad either

Herbie

Quote from: EJL on November 12, 2013, 09:36:42 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on November 12, 2013, 07:51:51 PM
Joy or Pullis?

And let's not stop there:

It's like asking someone who their favourite serial killer is.

That's easy, it's Dexter.

RaySmith

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 13, 2013, 05:49:11 AM
I went for Pulis.... but only for the short term to keep us up..I  think the only manager I would not take over Jol would be PDC.... although he would drop the ego's and get us fit so not all bad either

They wouldn't get fit if they refused to follow his methods as happened at Sunderland!

Martin O'Neil has called PDC a 'charlatan' for saying the Sunderland players weren't fit ...and i don't believe the Fulham players aren't fit either.

I don't think fitness is the problem,nor lack of effort. In the case of Ruiz and Berba - well, they just aren't the type of player to tackle back, and aren't much good at it, but  i think they have tried -and Berba has been criticised for dropping back too much.