watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Long?

Started by Peabody, November 13, 2013, 05:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Now we have a new man, are we going to give him a chance, or are we going to be on his back from the start?

I fully realise the Jol is still with us but to me it is obvious that RM is going to have quite a say in the way we play, so I will certainly give him plenty of time to help turn things around. How about you?

Northern Cottager

I think this is what we need. Hopefully he can get the players organised, ensure that Senderos is left out and bring in some more quality. We have a top, top coach in Rene and hopefully we will start to see the benefit and just tempt Jol away from the training ground with an all day, all he can eat buffet in his office.

premFlem

Jol wont be told what to do thats why he didnt have a decent coach in the first place....How long?.. I'd give it 4/5weeks before they start kicking 7 tons out of each other.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

The Enclosurite

Rene will have complete backing for some time to come.  Jol still needs to prove himself and it will be him that receives the flack for failure.
¡COYW!

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: The Enclosurite on November 13, 2013, 05:25:44 PM
Rene will have complete backing for some time to come.  Jol still needs to prove himself and it will be him that receives the flack for failure.

Correct in my view.
Nogood "opining, isit" Boyo

YankeeJim

This will make the transition to Rene as manager that much easier. It, at least, has got to shake things up. If I'm a player I have to think that Rene is the wave of the future and I need to impress him.
One can hope.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Rudolph

It is definitely the shot in the arm we need and not the knee jerk that everyone was demanding.  These two will see us through to the summer in the top flight, I am pretty sure of that. 

Whether this will result in Rene taking over is another matter, I don't see Jol spending the another season with us in any case.  This appointment is as good as it gets at this time of year and the Swansea game is now one to look forward to.

vagrant

I think he'll be fine Peabody.  What I will say though is this must have cost major bucks to get him to come to us.  And as usual for Fulham, all done very quietly ......

The Enclosurite

Now if only Rene can quietly convince Fergie to come out of retirement.   :033:
¡COYW!

The Old Count

People will just have to satisfy themselves with slagging of the players for a while now.
Like the comment about Senderos.  Maybe Rene will play him with some midfield cover and get Hangerland to play a bit closer to him.

Could we all just start again and give all the players and management a clean break.  Let's see how go from here.

ToodlesMcToot

For me, this is "damned if you do, damned if you don't" territory for Jol. If we begin to turn it around, it'll all be credited to Rene. If we don't turn it around, it'll be because Jol had things so screwed up that even Rene couldn't fix things.

This smells like an easy parting of ways for Jol and the club. He doesn't get fired and we don't have any golden parachute to pay out. Hiring someone to work as head coach and equal to Jol (at least that's the way it reads) just cuts Jol's authority off at the knees.

I think things likely calm down til the Hull City game. That'll be 3 or 4 matches against teams who are traditionally around us or below us in the table. If we haven't show that we can beat at least some of them,.....

I'm probably being too generous though.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

TonyGilroy

Jol is only contracted until the end of the season so his severance package is unlikely to be much more than Muelensteen's salary.

If this works I'd guess everyone will be happy. If not then Muelensteen won't replace Jol.

nose

Quote from: Peabody on November 13, 2013, 05:10:42 PM
Now we have a new man, are we going to give him a chance, or are we going to be on his back from the start?

I fully realise the Jol is still with us but to me it is obvious that RM is going to have quite a say in the way we play, so I will certainly give him plenty of time to help turn things around. How about you?

He's the new boy he needs time
What we don't know really is who is responsible for what
if ruiz richardson and berba all start the next game then we know in the short term at least that nothing has changed and jol is still top dog.

if berba shows appetite and ruiz actually starts to play well (that isn't likely he would have done it by now) and richardson learns to mark, not ball watch and generally play as team player not an american lone wolf, then maybe we will see rene's influence.

i really don't know what to expect but give him time but still chuck out jol.

Peabody

Quote from: The Old Count on November 13, 2013, 06:58:04 PM
People will just have to satisfy themselves with slagging of the players for a while now.
Like the comment about Senderos.  Maybe Rene will play him with some midfield cover and get Hangerland to play a bit closer to him.

Could we all just start again and give all the players and management a clean break.  Let's see how go from here.

Hear, Hear.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: nose on November 13, 2013, 07:19:02 PM

He's the new boy he needs time
What we don't know really is who is responsible for what
if ruiz richardson and berba all start the next game then we know in the short term at least that nothing has changed and jol is still top dog.

if berba shows appetite and ruiz actually starts to play well (that isn't likely he would have done it by now) and richardson learns to mark, not ball watch and generally play as team player not an american lone wolf, then maybe we will see rene's influence.

i really don't know what to expect but give him time but still chuck out jol.

Sorry, but this isn't a stereotype that fits United States (I assume this dig isn't being applied to all of the Americas) players. By and very large, they are all about team.

YankeeJim

Tootles I don't think he meant it that way. the term Lone Wolf is as American as apple pie. There certainly the pedigree of lone wolf within we Yanks. After all, we started as pissed off Englishmen.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 13, 2013, 08:11:13 PM
Tootles I don't think he meant it that way. the term Lone Wolf is as American as apple pie. There certainly the pedigree of lone wolf within we Yanks. After all, we started as pissed off Englishmen.

You're probably right Jim, but then again everyone I believe everyone here knows the meaning of "lone wolf" and that slapping 'American' in front of it does nothing to amplify the meaning. It's why I believed there was thoughtful intent.

I'm probably a bit over-sensitive to such things,.....but not without reason.

YankeeJim

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 13, 2013, 08:35:58 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on November 13, 2013, 08:11:13 PM

You're probably right Jim, but then again everyone I believe everyone here knows the meaning of "lone wolf" and that slapping 'American' in front of it does nothing to amplify the meaning. It's why I believed there was thoughtful intent.

I'm probably a bit over-sensitive to such things,.....but not without reason.

I am as well. I do believe that there is a certain element, I guess, in everything. Nose can be a bit crusty but I don't think he aims it at anyone in particular.

BestOfBrede

By the looks of most posts since the news, I think that unfortunately things will not change that much. I haven't seen any positive threads at all. Therefore, I dread to think what will happen if we make a bad pass let alone lose! For me? Well I don't think this is a bad move - it can't be worse and I will give my full support as usual. I would hope fans give this new team more than a couple of games before the boos! I really hope that we can get loud against the Swans in a positive way and let's see what happens.

BishopsParkFantastic

No - it is all sham-full. Where have the rest of coaching staff gone? A a patch-up job.